Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

"defective alchemy lab shut down, found to convert cookies to useless gold."

sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
is there any way to disable this from happening? every so often i check and see this message and i think i lose an alchemy lab. and it's so annoying i keep losing my alchemy labs because of this. should i just save up for portals instead?
what's a signature

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭
    Does an alchemy lab actually disappear when this news item appears? I never noticed that.

But if so, what are you complaining about? It was defective. It was destroying cookies instead of generating them, it says so. You're better off with that alchemy lab taken out of commission. :)
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Don't worry. These are random "breaking new" that don't affect your game ;). You can ignore them.
    Sekhmet said:

Don't worry. These are random "breaking new" that don't affect your game ;). You can ignore them.

Aww, I wanted to let him sweat a little.
  • sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    my cookie factories keep going on strike making me lose cps (but apparently its only 0.4% of my total so do i care)
    what's a signature
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

my cookie factories keep going on strike making me lose cps (but apparently its only 0.4% of my total so do i care)

None of the news headlines actually affect the game.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    If you're talking about the news-ticker item, it does not actually affect your CPS either.
    None of the news-ticker items have any effect, except one: when you bake a trillion cookies, you get mentioned on the local news in a ticker item. when that Item comes up, you get an achievement for it.

There is a building debuff that you can get from wrath cookies that reduces your CPS based on how many buildings you have of that type. it exists for every type of building, though, not just factories.
    edited April 17
    okay this is very scary, the message "the end is near, make preparations" appeared and without the "news" thing at the start. is this game a creepypasta or something?
    if this is to do with the portals, should i sell all my portals?
    then one of my alchemy labs shut down again.
    Post edited by sharklaser on
    what's a signature
    edited April 17
    If I were you, I'd be more worried about the number of defective alchemy labs you might have that have NOT been shut down. THAT is what should scare you.

Wait till you encounter the dreaded Unlucky Chancemaker. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the number of defective alchemy labs you might have that have NOT been shut down. THAT is what should scare you.

Wait till you encounter the dreaded Unlucky Chancemaker.

i'm sure it's only a one off error by the alchemy labs. what i want to know now is the "the end is near. make preparations" message. what should i do?
    what's a signature
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 109 ✭✭

i'm sure it's only a one off error by the alchemy labs. what i want to know now is the "the end is near. make preparations" message. what should i do?

Make a save backup. Save to file. NOW.

what i want to know now is the "the end is near. make preparations" message. what should i do?

Panic NOW.

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unlucky Chancemaker.

The UCM is nothing compared to the Shattered Prism. Now THAT is something to fear.

Sell all your Time Machines and keep your Portasl as close to the AC as possible. That way the Portal will suck in its corruption and prevent a bad end.

ok now my cps is being stolen by "wrinklers", my grandmas have turned evil and they are STILL SHUTTING DOWN ALCHEMY LABS instead of dealing with the grandmas. HOW DO I FIX THIS?
    what's a signature

ok now my cps is being stolen by "wrinklers", my grandmas have turned evil and they are STILL SHUTTING DOWN ALCHEMY LABS instead of dealing with the grandmas. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Getting serious for a moment: wrinklers are good, not evil. they don't steal your CpS, they borrow it, do nice things with it, and eventually return it. Read some of the back posts in this forum. Or read the Wiki.

As for the grandmas shutting down alchemy labs, I have never had this, nor have I seen it reported by anyone else, so assuming you are not imagining it I have no idea what's going on there.
    1) Stop shouting.

The alchemy labs are not actually going away. Stop reading the news ticker if seeing that one bothers you so much.

2) The wrinklers are not stealing your CPS. They're saving it up and will return it, with more than they took, when you pop them. But don't pop them yet. They also have a chance of giving you Eggs (multipliers) during Easter and Halloween cookies (multipliers) during Halloween season.
    so i have to wait until easter 2019 until i can pop them? bad game
    what's a signature
    edited April 20

Go here: http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Clicker_Wiki

Just read it. Then come back and ask for clarification if there's stuff there that you don't understand. Most of us are happy to help out a newbie, but you need to put in a bit of effort yourself. It's just as easy for you to read the Wiki as to read a transcription from it posted here by one of us. Also it's actually better, because it's more likely to be correct.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    No, you don't need to ;). Once you ascend with enough heavenly chips baked, you will be able to buy a special upgrade that is called "season switcher", and be able to get any seasonal thing whenever you want.

It would be horrible otherwise ;).

Also it's actually better, because it's more likely to be correct.
    Very true. Most of us haven't played the very early-stages of the game in a long time. It's easy to forget that the strategies you need then are quite different from the ones we're using now.

If you don't have "seasons", except for the ones that occur naturally (Halloween will be the next one), you can pop the wrinklers pretty much whenever you want. but the longer you leave them to nibble, the more you'll get back in a chunk when you do pop them. I'm not going to go into the formula now, but on a very simple level, if you have 10 wrinklers, and you pop them all, they'll return 11 times what they ate. If it helps, think of them as a high-interest savings account. :)

Possibly I was a little short in my earlier response, and I apologise. I was up late, etc etc. However my advice still stands; there is a lot to be gained from browsing the Wiki and from running your eye down the list of thread subject headings in this here forum.