Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Curiosity: Has anyone done a spreadsheet of the order penalties and multipliers are applied in?

MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
edited April 13 in General Discussion
Pretty much what the title says. I know that some upgrades boosts are global, and come at the very end of the line (eggs and milk for sure), applying to everything that's come before, but I have never seen a comprehensive list of which ones apply first, second, and so on, by building. Is there such a thing in readable form for those of us who don't read code and get lost in extended math formulas?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    I don't think it matters. Everything's multiplicative and multiplication is commutative.

It mattered a little in v. 1.0466 (eggs came after everything else), but not now.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Correct. As far as I know, all boosts and penalties are multiplicative, the only exception being the Thousand Fingers, Million Fingers etc, where the boosts are additive, and therefore it makes a difference when they are applied relative to other things that boost cursor production. In this case they are added after applying the multiplicative boosts that specifically affect cursors, such as CTP cream, but before all the other global multipliers.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited April 14
    Ok, thanks. I remembered that the order used to matter rather a lot, but I didn't realize it had been changed and now mostly doesn't.