Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

My beautiful chancemakers have been nerfed! nooooooo!!11

SSPmrsomebody1SSPmrsomebody1 Member Posts: 10
edited April 8 in General Discussion
I noticed that Chancemakers have had their CpS reduced by a factor of 5, and that other high-tier buildings have been nerfed as well. Unless the Garden is OP please don't reduce the production of my chancemakers & prisms. I just reached 1 octillion CpS....
Tagged:

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that Chancemakers have had their CpS reduced by a factor of 5, and that other high-tier buildings have been nerfed as well. Unless the Garden is OP please don't reduce the production of my chancemakers & prisms. I just reached 1 octillion CpS....

If Chancemakers were nerfed, it's probably because they were too strong. I get that you don't like having your CpS lowered over balancing issues they didn't work out sooner, but they're probably not going to set it back to where it was just because one person's upset.
    Every legend fades, eventually.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • AmelieAmelie Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I just pulled off a Frenzy-Elder Frenzy-Bakeberry combo that gave me almost five billion heavenly chips. I think it'll be fine.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

Look on the bright side. Now that they are less productive, it's not quite so much of a wrench when you reach 400 chancemakers and have to stop buying them and keep selling the last one so you can use Spontaneous Edifice.You're not missing out on quite so much chancemaker production.

• blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I personally still find it dumb that at 400 or more of each building, Antimatter Condensers have a higher CpS than Chancemakers.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Hey, it could be worse. I mean, with all the upgrades and synergies in place, Mines have more actual production than every building up to (I think) Alchemy Labs
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Time machines (or Portals, depending exactly what you're considering), actually. In my last run I went all the way to 424 Chancemakers, which I figure is pretty endgamey. (Still gotta get another 26, of course, but I had well over 50% my current prestige waiting to be claimed.)

The thing about Mines is that while they themselves generate a lot of cookies, they don't actually add all that much to total production.

One Mine, for me, generated more cookies than any one building except Chancemakers, Prisms, Antimatter condensers, and Time machines. As a whole, my Mines were fourth-best (ahead of Time machines, behind the other three).

But buying a Mine actually doesn't add that much when you account for synergies. They were only ahead of Cursors, Farms, Wizard towers, Portals, and Time machines.
    FYI: from my spreadsheet:

(This is the Live game.)
    And a graphical presentation:

• SSPmrsomebody1SSPmrsomebody1 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 19
    Hmm... The nerf doesn't seem that bad. Phew!
    But the backgrounds of the Grimoire and Panetheon have been changed to be just recoloured textures like with Minecraft tools. I'm not sure about that....
    noooooo my beautiful grimoire!!!!
  • SSPmrsomebody1SSPmrsomebody1 Member Posts: 10
    The new upgrades & achievements are cool tho
    The building CpS nerf was reverted anyway and moved to be a nerf for the top kitten upgrades. Kitten assistants to the regional manager is now equivalent to Kitten overseers, and Kitten marketeers is now equivalent to Kitten engineers.
    dpareja said:

The building CpS nerf was reverted anyway and moved to be a nerf for the top kitten upgrades. Kitten assistants to the regional manager is now equivalent to Kitten overseers, and Kitten marketeers is now equivalent to Kitten engineers.

Are you saying that Kitten Assistants and Kitten Marketeers now give 17.5% and 15% milk boost respectively?
    Yes.