Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

*EDIT* Help. Make a building give X amount of resources once only.

Korrupt86Korrupt86 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited April 5 in Developer's Lounge
Hello I am making a game based on survival and resource management inspired by games like Surviving Mars and Planet Base. I want to make a building give X amount of resources one time only not every tick. For Example,

Recruitment Agency gives 10 workers per Recruitment Agency Purchased.

It was pretty simple to do on the old IGM format but I am unsure of how to do it on the new format. Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT*

I have figured out how to do it but when i click the building it gives 10 workers even though I don't have the required resources to purchase the building. so I added the req line which stops me being able to spam workers even without required resources. I know it has something to do with my req line. can someone please show me how to do. Here is my code.

*Agency
name:Agency|Agencies
desc:Agencies provide workers used to gather resources.<//>Effect:<.>gives 10 Workers for each agency.
icon:https://s20.postimg.org/wmri4pozx/Recruitment_Agency.png
cost:4 Steel, 4 BioPlastic
on click:gain 10 Workers
req:Steel>=4, BioPlastic>=4
unlocked

How to make it so the building doesn't disappear when I don't have 4 steel and 4 bioplastic.
Post edited by Korrupt86 on

Comments

• morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    get rid of the req: and change on click: to on earn:
  • Korrupt86Korrupt86 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    @morkysherk Thanks, however each agency bought gives +10. For example first agency gives 10 workers, second gives 20 third gives 30 and so on so by the time you own 5 agencies you have 150 workers instead of 50 any way around that?
  • morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    on earn:gain 10/Agency Workers
  • Korrupt86Korrupt86 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

on earn:gain 10/Agency Workers

Does the same thing first buy gives 10 second buy gives 20 fifth buy gives 50 to a total of 150 workers after buying 5 instead of 50 workers