Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Season oddness in the beta

MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
I started the beta in Chrome, from scratch, on March 31st, so the natural season was Business Day. I thought that was only supposed to last til the 2nd, but it's still stuck there. I ascended yesterday, on the 3rd and it's still Business Day. I thought it would just go back to neutral (no season-based items or upgrades). Is this the way it's supposed to act, or a bug?
Tagged:

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 498 ✭✭✭
    Just keep refreshing I suppose. My business day only finished yesterday (April 4th)

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    I suppose technically it is a bug, since the season should automatically change on the stroke of midnight, but it's one that's pretty easy to work around by refreshing. Apparently the season, if it's based on the actual date rather than being invoked by Season Switch, is still "remembered" through an ascension, i.e. an ascension does not constitute a refresh.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    That;'s what it seems to be. Another ascension and a refresh fixed it. It's odd that ascending (starting a new run) carries over things like script add-ons and special effects, but a refresh, which by the name should be simply reloading exactly what you currently have running doesn't.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

That;'s what it seems to be. Another ascension and a refresh fixed it. It's odd that ascending (starting a new run) carries over things like script add-ons and special effects, but a refresh, which by the name should be simply reloading exactly what you currently have running doesn't.

Not so surprising when you realise that the term "refresh", when used in the context of an Internet browser, means to go back to the original source of the page and download it again. Obviously in the case of an application such as Cookie clicker, it has to first load the game itself, then go to your cache and retrieve all the data pertaining to the current game, i.e. buildings and upgrades owned, current total cookies, etc. Script add-ons modify the script you are running, they are not built in to the game itself, so it does not surprise me that when you refresh the page you get back the original script from the CC site, without add-ons.

All this does not explain why you need to refresh to get the change of season, which obviously is not working as it should.