Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

umm... help?

TokyoDrift456TokyoDrift456 Member Posts: 6
I bought the grandma bingo center/research facility, I have unlocked the upgrade "one mind" however it has a note on it that reads "Note: the grandmothers are grwoing restless. do not enourage them", what does this mean and what appens if I buy it?

Comments

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well well well. Do I spoil it for you?
    If I don't, someone else will, and you are here because of this question, so why not.

One Mind is the upgrade that starts a special phase on your game, known as the Grandmapocalypse. You will notice three major differences after you buy it:
    1. Your Grandmas will change, from their docile, elderly smile to a grin of disgust, together with a change in the background. This is purely visual.
    2. Worm-like creatures will slowly swarm around the Big Cookie (the one you click). They're called Wrinklers and eat away your cookies by a percentage of your CpS (5% each, to be exact). Click them a few times to kill them and get your eaten cookies back with a small interest, but the more you leave at once, the more cookies each store (they always only eat 5% each).
    3. Some of the Golden Cookies will be replaced by Wrath Cookies. They are red in color and have different effects from normal Golden Cookies. Some are detrimental, like Clot and Ruin, but other are better than normal Golden effects, such as Elder Frenzy. More often than not, you'll want to ignore the possible losses and click them anyway, but in the end, it's your call.

Furthermore, you could have checked the rules of this site to learn of the Search function. Your question is one that has been asked countless times already, and you'd definitively find the answer you were looking for.
    But let's give ya the benefit of doubt and assume you are new to foruming in general and just felt a bit anxious about a friendly game like Cookie Clicker suddenly telling you about "unwanted consequences".

• TokyoDrift456TokyoDrift456 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2
    Well... thanks, this was a lot of info, and... now i'm even more scared than I was before, and I did not see that serch bar at the right... uh, thanks? but, oh jeez, this uh, this seems interesting...?
    shold I do it?
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    My opinion: Yes. The benefits you get from the wrinklers outweighs the possibility of loss from the wrath cookies:

1) They return more cookies than they eat, when you pop them. The formula is difficult to explain, but each one individually eats 5% of your CPS per second, so when you have all ten, they're eating 50% of your CPS. But they store cookies at the total amount being eaten (so if you have one, it's eating 5% and storing 5%. But if you have 2, they're eating 10% total, but each one is storing 10%. When you have 10, the total they're all eating together is 50%, but each one stores 50%. Then when you pop them, they return everything they've eaten, plus 5%, so you get back far more than you lost while they were nibbling.
    2) They're the only way you can get the Halloween Cookie upgrades playing during Halloween Season.
    3) They have a 10% chance of giving you an egg upgrade during Easter season).

But that's my opinion.

However: If you have at least one Prestige Point, go ahead and buy it. See whether you like it or not. If you decide you don't, ascend, and on the next game don't buy it. That's the simplest way to find out whether it's something you want to do.
    edited April 2
    thanks, I'll keep it in mind
    btw, I have bought all of the "starter" ascension upgrades (Gates of trascendence, Heavenly cookies, and how to bake your dragon (there's also legacy but I don't think that counts)) which one should I save up for, and which one should I buy?
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    Permanent Upgrade Slot I.
    how much does it cost?
    dpareja said:

Permanent Upgrade Slot I.

how much does it cost?
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 500 ✭✭✭
    I think it's 100 heavenly chips. There is a wiki page here describing the heavenly upgrades

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭

I think it's 100 heavenly chips. There is a wiki page here describing the heavenly upgrades

100, yes.

I'd put your highest Cursor upgrade in it.
    dpareja said:

100, yes.

I'd put your highest Cursor upgrade in it.
    ooh, thanks, I think I'll be saving up for that now
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Your highest Cursor or your highest kitten. Personally, I loaded the kitten in first, because the cursor upgrades don't show serious effects at the start of a new game, not until you have a bunch of other buildings.

Or, if you aren't worried about seeing your CPS climb, and you're looking at a fair bit of active play, the highest Gold Cookie upgrade you have, to increase how fast you get them. Frenzies and Luckies can make a big difference in your bank and getting 16 or so an hour instead of the 8 you're probably going to get at the start is a nice boost...