Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What if a giant gamecorp decided to do a hostile takeover, who would be worst?

iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 974 ✭✭✭
edited April 2 in Off Topic
A ill mannered stockholder, shady lawyers, sudden love for cookies and a universe sigularity make a big gmes company decide to buy cookie clicker no matter what, which is more likely to destroy dashnet and all it stands for?
the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here

What if a giant gamecorp decided to do a hostile takeover, who would be worst? 9 votes

EA
44%
¤RunninginReverse¤PalutenaBrainstormiceklaus 4 votes
Rockstar
0%
Activision
0%
Konami
11%
Carmory 1 vote
Capcom
0%
Nintendo
11%
lukeMj 1 vote
Microsoft
11%
Lava_Entity 1 vote
Tencent
0%
Bandai Namco
0%
Ubisoft
22%
YosukeHanamuraleun 2 votes

Comments

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EA
    I’d have to attach an ATM to my ipad
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • lukeMjlukeMj Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Nintendo
    Honestly Microsoft would do the best at making the game better
    ᕕ(⌐■_■)ᕗ Part of Team Quantum (つ・ ∀ ・)つ
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭
    Microsoft
    lukeMj said:

well..... they did completely fuck up Minecraft so........

Oh whatever.
    cease your tomfoolery

• CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭
    Konami

lukeMj said:

well..... they did completely fuck up Minecraft so........

Oh whatever.
    how
    lmao nice. >:]
  • leunleun Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Ubisoft
    i have my guns so im fine
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    leun said:

i have my guns so im fine

The true return of edgy.

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EA
    lukeMj said:

1. I don't think Nintendo would be that bad, for what you voted for.
    2. Microsoft has . . . left a lot of people unhappy with how Minecraft has been updated. I'm not sure the game would be in good hands with them.

EA is the clear worst option. They've taken multiple series and run 'em to the ground (The Sims with their constant expansion packs, Battlefront with . . . well, everything, admittedly), not to mention their need to monetize literally everything.
    A new story is beginning.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Okay now, for real. This is a tough one.

Despite all the shit EA's been doing recently, there isn't much they can do to a browser game.
    Demand pay for an update? Add microtransactions? Remove slash change content they deem inappropriate?
    It's almost like people don't already pirate a lot of their stuff or that add-ons can't put everything back, and do it better.

Ubisoft for the same reasons, but with them, there's a higher chance for bugs. ("Higher" is still pretty low. This is a game done entirely on Javascript. A group of five people can't mess it up that badly, let alone a company their size.)

Konami can't do much bad unless they turn the game into Cookie Gear Solid. But hey, if that means they add stealth-based minigames. (Dungeons, anyone?)

Microsoft's only problem is that can't deal with games, but they (very) arguably have the best coders, so the biggest issue would be... I dunno, balancing? There is no plotline or gameplay to screw up in the first place, unless you count the Grandmapocalypse and clickables and minigames, respectively.
    Oh, right, they just might be crazy enough to rewrite the game in C++ and kill all modded support. Unlikely, but possible, if MinceRaft is anything to go by.

None of the others seem like they would do anything big, good or bad.

• lukeMjlukeMj Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Nintendo

lukeMj said:

1. I don't think Nintendo would be that bad, for what you voted for.
    2. Microsoft has . . . left a lot of people unhappy with how Minecraft has been updated. I'm not sure the game would be in good hands with them.

EA is the clear worst option. They've taken multiple series and run 'em to the ground (The Sims with their constant expansion packs, Battlefront with . . . well, everything, admittedly), not to mention their need to monetize literally everything.
    Um... in all respect they actually made MC better... plus they only got hold of Some versions... But really... FUCKING EA and Microsoft. Imagine that...

Now Ubisoft would add guns. make a sequel called Cookie clicker 2: the cookie wars.

Ea would add ads, make an expansion pack. and forget.
    (not saying that the game didn't have ads BUUUT)

Microsoft would... Ehhhh make the game somewhat better, maybe add some new items. make a version for consoles. then the game would start being mediocre. they would add some items. it would be back to normal. so on in a loop

I dont even want to talk about konami as this post would be too long.

But there is a savior in the Jungle of ads, Shitty items and Expansion packs.

Google.
    Honestly i dont have much against them.
    If they were to make a game it probabaly would be minimal ads.
    occasional updates and patches.
    plus they'd still let Ortiel work on it.
    ᕕ(⌐■_■)ᕗ Part of Team Quantum (つ・ ∀ ・)つ
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)