Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Selling Buildings for Secret Upgrades (kind of urgent)

ChickenChronicles49ChickenChronicles49 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
I'm trying to get the secret heavenly upgrades that unlock when you get 7's in your prestige level. I am very close to the calculated amount that I need, but I just thought of something: would selling the buildings (to slow down chip production) cause the level to increase too high (from the cookies profited from sale) and mess up the number? Or does selling not effect the prestige bonus? If anyone knows, please tell me before it's too late.

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Selling buildings puts cookies in the bank. The amount in your bank is what determines the number of prestige chips you get.

So yes, selling buildings will affect your prestige numbers. How severely depends on how many buildings you have and how expensive each prestige point is for you.
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

The amount in your bank is what determines the number of prestige chips you get.

Not necessarily.

Heavenly Chips and Prestige are calculated based on the CBAT, or Cookies Baked All Time, which is the amount you have baked on your current run (CBTA, or Cookies Baked This Ascension) plus all the ones from previous runs.
    Increasing your Bank usually does not impact the CBTA, unless seeling buildings makes your Bank larger than it, so your CBTA rises to match your Bank and that gives you more Legacy levels.
    But unless you've been using the SE into sell 400th CM strat, it's unlikely that your Bank will get past your CBTA through selling buildings alone.

Ack. Vini is right; I was wrong. My apologies...
  • ChickenChronicles49ChickenChronicles49 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, it went well. I just used Krumblor to get rid of some Chancemakers without having to sell them, and I was able to get all of the secret upgrades.
    good for you. Congrats.