Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    Ooops. yeah, you're right.
  • TumaluTumalu Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Although really, your best bet is using godmazok and stacking other effects for a realllllly strong Click Frenzy. Then plant costs will be fairly trivial compared to your bank. (also, you get cookies, even if it's a tiny fraction of what bakeberry/queenbeets can grant; gotta get enough bank to use them first!)

E.g. plant a field of thumbcorn (whiskerblooms are better late in the game, but only a -little- bit), get a building frenzy, preferrably with a normal frenzy already ontop of it, then cast Hand of Fate. With like, godmazok/mokalsium/whatever slotted and Radiant Appetite/Breath of Milk. Make sure to turn your golden switch on right before or after casting Hand of Fate to bump up that cps!

One thing I'm planning on trying in a day or two is Duketaters. They're nearly unusable at first, but after getting Seedless to Nay, their mature time is doubled, so you should actually be able to get most of them mature at once? They still have an enormous growth time tho, so it's something you'd plant right before you're gone for 10+ hours... and also going to be back around maturity time... yeah, they're still tricky.
  • LathundLathund Posts: 37Member ✭✭
    You could keep Skruuia to get that clot/rust you're looking for, then swap her out for Dotjeiess (for instance) once you actually start planting seeds. Vomitrax looks better than Muridal yes... buildings aren't 100% of your production, but unless I'm mistaken it's close enough.

I assume Cyclius' bonus is a sinusoid.
  • MaddieMaddie Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    Cyclius's bonus path is kind of weird. It's not a smooth sine or parabola, quite; it's not entirely constant. But like I said, I didn't do the meticulous tracking of bonus to find out exactly what it is. Maybe I will someday, when I'm utterly bored :) .
  • orangeLorangeL Posts: 4Member
    I have a level 6 garden, and I planted baker's wheat in a checkerboard pattern across my entire garden just to see what happened. Now, a few days later, I have mostly cronerice in only the top half, with one gildmillet.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 531Member ✭✭✭
    orangeL said:

I have a level 6 garden, and I planted baker's wheat in a checkerboard pattern across my entire garden just to see what happened. Now, a few days later, I have mostly cronerice in only the top half, with one gildmillet.

I had something like that happen after I planted a level 9 full of them to get the cookie upgrade and forgot about it. Came back the next day to find thumbcorn, cronerice and crumbs/doughshrooms (mostly empty plots though

edited May 2018
    Urgh, my duketater setup didn't go... amazingly. I left 10 copies of the tab open when I went to work, and when I got back there was only a couple worthwhile ones, the best being 20 mature duketaters. That's slightly better than what you can get in queenbeets, but the huge growth time is inconvenient even if you plant before work or sleep, and mooost of the tabs got way less. This is -with- seedless to nay doubling their mature time.

It maybe could've gone better if I got home sooner, because in every tab there was like ~6 expired duketaters already. Realistically I might have managed ~24 at best, which is equivalent to 48 queenbeets, a lot better than the 33 I'd normally have (3 JQBs in the way). I probably planted them too early, so better average results than mine are possible.

So it can sort of work, I guess, but you really need a ton of tabs to find an RNG that actually works out. Plant them about when you'll be able to check on them in about 13 hours. You could grow queenbeets in clay instead to use the lost time, but I don't like doing that, because it really slows down the Juicy ones.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Posts: 124Member ✭✭
    Why don't you have 4 JQB's?
    Tumalu said:

This is -with- seedless to nay doubling their mature time.

This is only relevant in this scenario. If you're at it you could just wait till everything is mature, freeze the Garden and wait just as long as your patience holds out for a favorable F / BF / BF / EF or whatever combination, then harvest all the QBs or DTs. You don't even need to unfreeze.
  • LathundLathund Posts: 37Member ✭✭
    It's more relevant than that. With longer mature time, it's easier to have many plants all mature at the same time.
    Hmm okay. And that matters especially in the case of plants that

a) take exceptionally long to mature
    b) Once mature, decay relatively quickly

i.e.: Duketaters. You have a point there :)
    edited May 2018
    I don't have 4 JQBs because it's not that unlikely for it to take literally 15 minutes of pressing f5 to get the 4th one to occur. It takes long enough to savescum three of them, depending on luck. @[email protected] (I've already had it take over 5 minutes straight to get the 3rd one... that's my limit)

But yes, the duketater problem is that even with Seedless to Nay, many of them start expiring long before others are mature. I was hoping the doubled mature time would be enough to reliably get ~2/3rds of them, but it's sadly not.

Still, with 10+ tabs open you're likely to get a pretty good result somewhere, so it can possibly be used overnight or if you're gone 10+ hours for work or otherwise. Can't grow queenbeets overnight without sacrificing ~6 hours of JQB growth anyway.

Just got "A Years Worth of Cavities!" with the help of my garden :D Woo. My lumps, my lumps my lumps my lumps, my lovely sugar chunks~ One more reset (for 1 quint reset and enough prestige for the last CPS achieve) and I'll have all but the lv10 buildings ones. Just got the 999 spells cast a couple days ago.

Really. Is it THAT hard to ever get a JQB?? I just play in a single tab really, and the JQB is the last one I still need. I'm even letting go of F/BF combos once I finally have 26 out of 30 QB mature (effectively throwing away about 1.5 Tredec) just for the chance of a JQB to spawn. Which it doesn't. My oh my.
    I mean, when you're reload scumming with 4 viable JQB spaces, it doesn't usually take long. But for each space you fill up, it's a lot less likely to get the next one. The 4th isn't worth it, imo. 2~3 is reasonable.

Even if you don't reload scum, though, just freeze your garden once it's close to expiring and go for the frenzy stack harvest! F/BF/BF is way too good to pass up. Not to mention F/EF/BF, but that's a little trickier.

A good non-scummy way to get JQBs is to plant QBs in wood chips before you to go bed or leave the house for the day, too.
    edited May 2018
    What exactly do you mean by "reload scumming"? I guess you would save the game 2 secs before the Tick, see if it yields a JQB bud, and if it doesn't, F5. AM I right?

That would mean the result of the Tick is not pre-determined, as opposed to the boolean result (yes or no backfire) of casting a spell from Grimoire.
    Correct.
    Thank you :)
    You can earn back your seeds from Garden Sacrifice very quickly this way, allowing you to earn like 16 lumps every 3 days (3 JQBs, 10 sacrifice, 3 the usual way) but it still takes quite a bit of effort to tend to the garden that much. I've done it a couple times to help get towards 100 lumps for sugar baking.

The only plants I really need for playing are all some of the first ones you can unlock, so it's not a big setback to sacrifice anyway, and I can earn the rest back at my leisure.
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Is it just me or does Drowsyfern not update the amount of ticks left to mature the same way as other seeds?
    It's my first Drowsyfern, so idk a lot...
    edited May 2018
    The plants with mega-long lifespans only have a -chance- to grow per tick. (I argued otherwise before but was proven wrong) The average lifespan is still correct, but RNG can be crueler than usual, since bad rolls are 0 growth instead of less growth.

This also means when it grows, it always advances by multiple "average ticks" worth.
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Tumalu said:

The plants with mega-long lifespans only have a -chance- to grow per tick. (I argued otherwise before but was proven wrong) The average lifespan is still correct, but RNG can be crueler than usual, since bad rolls are 0 growth instead of less growth.

This also means when it grows, it always advances by multiple "average ticks" worth.

Strange.
    Thank you, but still, that's quite odd.
    Basically, all plants have a lifespan of 100 (probably due to how he coded the display?), so ones that live longer just age slower. They can't age by a fraction of 1, so if their average growth is 0.3 (Everdaisy), they just have a 30% chance to grow by 1.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 531Member ✭✭✭
    I have NEVER had 4JQBs. The most I have gotten is three. Over one hour of savescumming later, I gave up on the fourth. Most recently I only got two in both the live and beta, bc the fuckers decayed so quickly that was the best I could do.

Hmm. That reload scumming idea just doesn't work with me. I tried it with saving 2 secs before the tick, and again with 6 secs before the tick, but as soon as I reload I see the tick has already been there and the counter is back at 3 minutes.

Could this be a browser issue? I'm using Chrome.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,320Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    dr_flash said:

Hmm. That reload scumming idea just doesn't work with me. I tried it with saving 2 secs before the tick, and again with 6 secs before the tick, but as soon as I reload I see the tick has already been there and the counter is back at 3 minutes.

That's how the ticks work. You're just misunderstanding how to use it. The tick counts down while you're offline, but the result won't be calculated until you load the save. So if the result isn't what you wanted, reload. You don't even have to wait those 2 seconds every time you reload, because it works that way. Just reload until your plants grow.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    You mean, without saving? I'm clearly missing something here...
    Yeah, the whole point of savescumming is you keep reloading your old save until you get a good result.
    1. Save seconds before a tick
    2. If the tick is good, save again and stop following these steps
    3. If the tick is bad, reload without saving and see step 2
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Yeah so that's exactly what I was doing. Like I always harvest Sugar lumps the moment they Mature, really. I'll just keep trying. Thanks anyway.
    Ok, so you understand it now? Because up here it sounded like you thought that the tick wasn't happening:
    dr_flash said:

The counter being back at 3 minutes is because the old tick is considered finished 3 minutes after it started, but the new tick doesn't start until you load your save again.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    great, I have it spawned now, thanks :)

Still don't quite understand how this works though, but screw it :D