Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I planted two doughshrooms four days ago in both my beta and my live game. I currently have four in each game, in varying stages of maturity. I don't know how many have spawned, matured and popped in that time.

I'd say they are pretty good for fire-and-forget
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 117 ✭✭

Tumalu said:

if you're playing actively you're probably better off using something else like queenbeets.

I think we're all playing actively at least until we can tick off the seed achievements. I've only got 13 so far :(
    Well I'm actually playing passively and just crossbreeding for unlocking all the seeds in the Garden. All on Golden Switch and Mokalsium/Holobore/Jeremy. Only other thing I ever do is sell my 400th Chancemaker and cast SponEdif every 45 minutes. You think active play is better?
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    dr_flash said:

Tumalu said:

if you're playing actively you're probably better off using something else like queenbeets.

I think we're all playing actively at least until we can tick off the seed achievements. I've only got 13 so far :(
    Well I'm actually playing passively and just crossbreeding for unlocking all the seeds in the Garden. All on Golden Switch and Mokalsium/Holobore/Jeremy. Only other thing I ever do is sell my 400th Chancemaker and cast SponEdif every 45 minutes. You think active play is better?
    It lets you take advantage of cheaper planting costs during Clots/Rusts/Cursed Finger and increased CpS for harvesting Chocoroot, White chocoroot, Bakeberry, Queenbeet, and Duketater, and the Golden/Wrath cookie boosts that come along with various plants.
    I think planting costs are largely irrelevant once you get to the "SponEdif Realm" as I call it (400 chancemakers etc). Planting for example 20 Queenbeets is like 3,5 Duodec, and you'll do that at best every 5 hours. Selling a Chancemaker every 45 minutes yields over 40 Duodec per 45 minutes. I tend not to care about any planting costs really :)
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    dr_flash said:

I think planting costs are largely irrelevant once you get to the "SponEdif Realm" as I call it (400 chancemakers etc). Planting for example 20 Queenbeets is like 3,5 Duodec, and you'll do that at best every 5 hours. Selling a Chancemaker every 45 minutes yields over 40 Duodec per 45 minutes. I tend not to care about any planting costs really :)

CpS buffs from Golden Cookies increase the yield of Queenbeets and other similar plants, so stacking them can lead to very high returns that are only capped by the size of your bank.

For example, if you have 1 tredec in your bank and get your CpS buffed high enough, 1 Queenbeet could give you a maximum of 60 duodec. To get that return, your CpS would only need to be about 16.67 undec/s, very doable with normal GCs and FtHoF. With a full garden harvest of Queenbeets, you would make 2.16 tredec. Active Garden farming definitely surpasses Passive SE farming.
    Oh wow, just tried this for some hours. This indeed does beat SE!
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited May 1
    I tried to use GC+Hand of Fate yesterday with queenbeets, but while the Hand of Fate result normally remained the same through active play (testing with a second tab), the second I had an Elder Frenzy my Hand of Fate no longer gave frenzy/building-frenzy.

edit:This is with no additional spells cast, and happened three times through the day. ;_;

Should I just use Elder Pledge and do double building-frenzies with my queenbeets, or am I doing something wrong?

Right now it seems like ideal play after a reset is using glovemorels+godmazok with building-frenzy and Hand of Fate click frenzy to build a good bank, then abuse queenbeets. Possibly with Spon.Edifice abuse between or after those two, depending on how powerful your prestige is. Use keenmoss to unlock upgrades and cheapcaps+dotjeiess for shopping sprees.
    Post edited by Tumalu on
    I would still recommend abusing Queenbeets unless passive SE farming is your only real option. Spending your mana on FtHoF for QB harvesting is a much better use than casting SE. Try holding out for Frenzy + double Building Frenzy since Elder Frenzies are so rare, and if your bank is high enough to not waste the returns.
    Well, I said depending on prestige because QB effectiveness is capped by CPS. A run abusing QBs could get close to 400 chancemakers vastly sooner than previously realistic, for example. (I already somewhat did that, by spamming Edifice on a really long run pre-gardens)

Frenzy... AND double building frenzy? What is this wizardry. I know I can sell wizard towers to get a second cast, but trying to stock up two FtHoF frenzies in a row sounds painful. I am new to abusing FtHoF, is it easier than it sounds?

And, I didn't have too much trouble getting Elder Frenzies (although it's certainly more effort, can't deny that) but the problem was that having Elder Frenzy up seemed to break the Hand of Fate results. I wasn't sure whether that's an actual mechanic or if I'm just messing something up. In my current run, I can already get twice as big of a payout from E.Frenzy+Frenzy as two b.frenzies, and it only snowballs from there with e.frenzy+b.frenzy. Of course, if it's easier to frenzy+double b.frenzy...

...typing out all these different frenzies... @[email protected]
    QB being capped by CpS is only a problem when your bank is too large, and I'm talking 100s of tredecillions. The F + 2 BF is pretty easy actually, just wait for normal F + BF golden cookies, then FtHoF another BF. If you have the patience, you could alternatively wait for a F + EF combo, THEN FtHoF a BF for truly ludicrous multipliers.

You can potentially multiply your bank by a little over 8x with a full garden QB harvest. QB's will always be efficient; it's just the amount of cookies you can cash out will stop increasing dramatically at a certain point. Allow me to explain some maths:

To find the minimum CpS you need to fully capitalize on harvesting Bakeberries, Queenbeets, or Duketaters, use

CpSMin = [Cap*CB*(1+Cap)^(P-1)] / (M*60)

Cap = max bank % of the plant's cookie reward
    CB = Current Bank
    P = # of mature plants being harvested
    M = cookie reward in Minutes

This equation isn't perfectly accurate, as it fails to consider the CpS modifiers of Bakeberries and Queenbeets. To account for this, simply multiply CpSMin by

(1+E*P*S)

E = CpS modifier percentage
    P = # of mature plants being harvested
    S = Soil modifier percentage

This should be a more accurate representation of the CpS you need to maximize your harvests, but please other math people, check this over and add any insights.
    I'd rather harvest Juicy queenbeets, which does give me 32 Queenbeets to harvest every so often. (I surround the Juicy queenbeets with Elderwort to get them mature a little faster.) For crazy cookie production I go for Godzamok/Force Click frenzies. Just freeze the garden to get rid of the CpS penalties for the duration of the Click frenzy.

The F + 2 BF is pretty easy actually, just wait for normal F + BF golden cookies, then FtHoF another BF.

I forgot that Frenzies last long enough to allow such a thing! I've had fully-angry grandmas in my current run, so frenzies are pretty uncommon. XD Yet here I am actively waiting out clots here and there before daring to click the next cookie!

I should start using elder pledges until my next reset (at the least). The cookie production from wrinklers isn't very important when using these kinds of methods, anyway.
    If you're going to play actively, never go full Elder Pact except for that one time you do to get the achievements.

Once you've clicked 777 (I think) Golden cookies, you'll unlock an upgrade that will double the length of Golden cookie effects.
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    So has anyone else noticed you only need to have had 300 Farms in total, instead of having 300 Farms at once?
    Idk, it would've made more sense to me to actually have the Farms.

I give up 100 Farms to level the Dragon, but once i hit 100 & 200 Farms after that, i get the Pebbles & Wood Chips already.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I think that the soils are automatically-granted upgrades. Once you've gotten them, you've got them for that ascension. You don't lose them, like you don't lose your Miner Grannies if you sell or forfeit all your mines.
    edited May 2
    dpareja said:

If you're going to play actively, never go full Once you've clicked 777 (I think) Golden cookies, you'll unlock an upgrade that will double the length of Golden cookie effects.

Oh I have near 20k GC clicks, it's just it's been so long since I played actively rather than have just CC on in the background, I've forgotten these things. It was also the fault of my temple god choices; I had -18% GC frequency and Vomitrax unslotted. With these things swapped around, I should easily be able to stack ontop of frenzies. Thanks~

I'm still using the run I'd had in the background for a few months with golden switch on, so it'd been fully apocalypse'd. I should probably reset now that I'll get 6x+ cps, but I think I can easily get a helluva lot more within a couple days, so I'm holding out.
    I have a nice idea: I think every clicked Golden (or Wrath) cookie should trigger a tick in the garden timer. Makes things go quite a bit faster. Plus after a cookie storm your Garden will be totally wrecked around, just like your real-life garden would be after a real-life storm LOL
  • SwankSwank Member Posts: 7
    I must be missing something, I got Baker's Wheat, Thumbcorn, Cronerice, Gildmillet, Clover, Shimmerlily, and Elderwort within like 2 days of gardening then not a damn new thing in the past ~week. I've tried as many combinations as I can in my 20 tile garden. Any advice to get the rest of the plants/seeds? Or am I just impatient heh?
    Swank said:

I must be missing something, I got Baker's Wheat, Thumbcorn, Cronerice, Gildmillet, Clover, Shimmerlily, and Elderwort within like 2 days of gardening then not a damn new thing in the past ~week. I've tried as many combinations as I can in my 20 tile garden. Any advice to get the rest of the plants/seeds? Or am I just impatient heh?

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vR-EfFZl71Y3q4-EPrXB9dZDu_3n6ZsT0KGxUPYfVJae8mj6OK2ame93TZUp8pfhjMsmE5PlZS6DxRq/pub
    Swank said:

Did you check the Google doc? https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vR-EfFZl71Y3q4-EPrXB9dZDu_3n6ZsT0KGxUPYfVJae8mj6OK2ame93TZUp8pfhjMsmE5PlZS6DxRq/pub

instructs you how to get AAALLLLLLLL of the others :) I'm currently breeding my 25th of 34 plants, the rest will follow one day :)
    edited May 2
    Some combinations however DO require meticulous timing, since cross-breeding only works when all of the required parent plants are mature. Take a good look on that!

And some plants simply take like since Fred Flintstone and back to mature. Tough life :)
    The main thing is just that you can't get past the initial ~9 seeds if you don't let your garden get overgrown in weeds, because the weeds actually unlock new important plants to crossbreed with.
    Ah yeah that's true indeed Tumalu. But still, the linked sheet says it all.
  • SwankSwank Member Posts: 7
    Thanks all, I definitely overlooked that doc, I have a lot of reading ahead of me now!
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

I know most people would consider it cheating, but I'm actually considering manually unlocking each seed with code after I complete the catalog legitimately the first time and sacrifice it. If I ever need to sacrifice my garden again for lumps, then I'll earn it back so I don't just cheatily farm Sugar Lumps.
    Yeah, it is cheating, just a little bit...

I love how you "justify" it by saying you're doing it so you don't have to cheat so much some other way later. :D
    edited May 3
    Okay, so, I was messing with nursetulips and... I underrated them. Quite a bit.

Their effect multiples ontop of eachother.So if say, you have them planted in rows, many of your slots are affected by 6 nursetulips; in clay, this results in a 380% boost! It's offset by the garden slots they take up, but in the end, you still end up with a large boost. With an inefficient setup on lv8 gardens I got 28% more total power than normal; I hadn't yet realized they stacked. With lv9 and a better layout I wouldn't be surprised if you could get 50% or higher of an increase.

Imagine a field of gold clovers and nursetulips boosting your GC frequency by 200%, making them spawn in one third of the time; an average of every 36 seconds! Holy frenzy stacking batman! Or getting over 300% click boost from glovemorels, or ~14% building discount off cheapcaps, or 14% milk boost (to get CpS achieves).

Of course, they don't help with queenbeets, but it does open up some ideas. Some of which will help you get a sufficiently godlike bank total to allow capitalizing on queenbeets afterwards.

I'm working most of the time for the next few days tho so it's hard to mess with my garden. I'd love if someone could help figure out an efficient nursetulip lv9 layout; it's not entirely intuitive when it's more efficient to add more tulips or more plants to get boosted.

A very important detail, by the way, is that when you swap from fertilizer to clay, it takes another tick for the nursetulip bonus to change. Therefore it's important to swap one tick earlier than you might normally. Stuff like cheapcaps and gold clovers have the problem of some expiring within a tick or two of the entire field hitting maturity.
  • LathundLathund Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I reckon Nursetulips make each other more efficient as well? Two neighbouring Nursetulips in dirt would both give at least 24% bonus instead of 20. Maybe more, depending on whether or not the bonus they give each other is recursive.

I know most people would consider it cheating, but I'm actually considering manually unlocking each seed with code after I complete the catalog legitimately the first time and sacrifice it. If I ever need to sacrifice my garden again for lumps, then I'll earn it back so I don't just cheatily farm Sugar Lumps.
    Yeah, it is cheating, just a little bit...

I love how you "justify" it by saying you're doing it so you don't have to cheat so much some other way later. :D
    Lol well, yeah! I personally see the Garden as an unreasonably complicated, time-sinking mess with a stupid amount of RNG that is necessary to get the new nigh inachievable production achievements.

Take the achievement for 1 quindecillion CBAT. Assume you've played for so long that your CpS is 1 undecillion (I'm only at 42 decillion currently, and THAT was basically considered endgame). Unlocking that achievement would take 1 trillion seconds at your base CpS. That's over 30,000 years.

And our buildings, kitten upgrades, minigame Lump usage, Bakeberries/Queenbeets/Duketaters needed a nerf. Ridiculous.

The only justification I could think of for this is if near future features are added which will skyrocket CpS, but something tells me that isn't happening any time soon.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    The "garden minigame" is a true minigame. The Pantheon and Grimoire "minigames" are really just extra game features in the same sense that Click Frenzies and Reindeers are features. In contrast, you could almost play the garden as a game complete in itself.

I had a laugh at one of the new achievements: "In the garden of Eden (baby)". It took me only a moment to realise what it was referring to. I used to mishear the song lyric in exactly that way, long before I realised that it was a very common mondegreen. Incidentally "mondegreen" would have been a great name for a fictitious plant in the minigame.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    So I got the 450 building achievements today using this exploit. I tripled my prestige using this.

1. Enable Krumblor's Earth Shatterer aura.
    2. Plant as many cheapcaps as you can.
    3. When they mature, switch soil to clay.
    4. Buy up as many cursors as you can afford.
    5. Freeze your garden and sell 100 cursors.
    6. Unfreeze and buy as many cursors as you can afford.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 over and over.
    8. When your cheapcaps wilt, harvest them all and go back to step 2.

There isn't much of a noticeable increase in cookies until you get up around 700 cursors. By that stage, it only takes a few sell/rebuy to get enough to buy an additional cursor.