Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

Comments

• Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited April 21
    I've been using the google document (that is on the garden page of the cookie clicker wiki) and I think I unlocked Keenmoss in a way inconsistent with that document.
    IIRC: I think I had 2 shimmer lilies next to each other and directly below each of them was a different plant, don't remember which. Later on, that lower plant became Keenmoss. I think the lower plant was a clover, but I don't see anything in the guide that mixes clovers and shimmer lillies and I'm confident I was putting 2 things next to each other that I thought would create something new (based off information on the guide).
    Hopefully I'm not remembering anything too wrong and wasting everyones time.
    Post edited by Asbestos_Free_Cookie on
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 117 ✭✭

so only way to get to 6x6 garden is to buy 600 farms? that's a bit costy.

Where do you get that idea from? I should think you'd get a 6x6 garden from leveling farms up to level 9. So that'd be 45 sugar lumps. Usually about 6 weeks or a little sooner if you don't use the SL for anything else. Just having 600 farms doesn't yield a 6x6 garden TTBOMK.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 196 ✭✭

Nope, you just need 45 sugar lumps.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    JezDavis said:

Nope, you just need 45 sugar lumps.
    You do want 300 Farms to unlock all the soil choices, but that's nowhere near as big an ask.
    My understanding is once you pick up a plant upgrade, you can ascend as much as you want and still have access to it without dedicating a permanent upgrade slot. Does that still hold true if I activate Sacrifice Garden?
    I see nothing indicating that it would (though you do have to repurchase it each time and their costs are dependent on CpS). But even if it did for some reason (I haven't unlocked the entire seed log yet), having the Seedless to Nay achievement makes it more likely that those upgrades will drop. (Not much, mind you. But a little.)
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

My understanding is once you pick up a plant upgrade, you can ascend as much as you want and still have access to it without dedicating a permanent upgrade slot. Does that still hold true if I activate Sacrifice Garden?

Ascending after using Sacrifice Garden will keep the plant upgrades purchasable on the next run, but not unlocked. They will be in the list of upgrades to purchase at the very start of the run.
    Have we got a complete table of combinations to get all the seeds yet?
  • Matt258Matt258 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    How do I get the other Seeds? I only have 2 kinds. I have Level 3 Farms
    YouTube: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers & Cookieclicker2m
    Twitter: @Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape
  • LathundLathund Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Maddie said:

Slot Dotjeiess into the Diamond slot. Your replacement buildings are now 7% cheaper.

Actually, that remark made me realise Dotjeiess is great for gardening! But mostly because of the -30% HC, because that means your CpS will be about 30% lower and therefore your seeds become cheaper. The downside has become the upside.

I also like the Cyclius suggestion.
    Seed "table" behind spoiler.

Crossbreeding means to have those plants among the at most eight plots surrounding the plot where you want to have your new plant. Also, "cardinal directions" means up, down, left, and right--not the four diagonals. All plants must be mature to breed unless otherwise indicated. Also note that all dropped upgrades are cookies (and hence affected by Divine bakeries) except for Fern tea and Ichor syrup (in particular, Green yeast digestives is a cookie).

Baker's wheat: Unlocked from the start. Can also be obtained by crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat. When harvested, can drop Wheat slims, costing 30 minutes of CpS and giving a 1% boost to CpS.

Thumbcorn: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat, 2 Thumbcorn, or 2 Cronerice.

Cronerice: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Thumbcorn.

Gildmillet: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Thumbcorn and 1 Cronerice.

Clover: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Gildmillet or between 2 and 4 Clovers.

Golden clover: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Gildmillet, or between 2 and 4 Clovers, or at least 4 Clovers.

Shimmerlily: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Clover and 1 Gildmillet.

Elderwort: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Cronerice and either one 1 Shimmerlily or 1 Wrinklegill. When harvested, can drop Elderwort biscuits, costing 120 minutes of CpS and giving a 2% boost to CpS and a further 2% boost to Grandma CpS.

Bakeberry: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat. When harvested, can drop Bakeberry cookies, costing 60 minutes of CpS and giving a 2% boost to CpS.

Chocoroot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Brown mold.

White chocoroot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 White mildew.

White mildew: Obtained from breeding 1 Brown mold when at most 1 White mildew (even if not mature) is also in the eight plots.

Brown mold: Obtained from breeding 1 White mildew when at most 1 Brown mold (even if not mature) is also in the eight plots. Also can be left behind with Meddleweed dies.

Meddleweed: Appears randomly on any tick in an empty plot where all surrounding plots are also empty. Can also spread if 1 to 3 Meddleweed in surrounding plots. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions. Most likely to appear if Fertilizer is used as soil.

Whiskerbloom: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Shimmerlily and 1 White chocoroot.

Chimerose: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Shimmerlily and 1 Whiskerbloom or 2 Chimerose.

Nursetulip: Obtained by crossbreeding 2 Whiskerbloom.

Drowsyfern: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 Keenmoss. When harvested, can drop Fern tea, costing 60 minutes of CpS and giving an additional 3% of CpS while the game is closed.

Wardlichen: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Cronerice and either 1 Keenmoss or 1 White mildew.

Keenmoss: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Green rot and 1 Brown mold. Can also spread if exactly 1 Keenmoss is in surrounding plots.

Queenbeet: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 Bakeberry.

Juicy queenbeet: Obtained by crossbreeding 8 Queenbeet. Cannot be planted. (Yes, eight.)

Duketater: Obtained by crossbreeding 2 Queenbeet. When harvested, can drop Duketater cookies, costing 180 minutes of CpS and giving a 10% boost to CpS.

Crumbspore: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Doughshroom. Can also spread from exactly 1 Crumbspore. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions. Can also be left behind when Meddleweed dies.

Doughshroom: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Crumbspore. Can also spread from exactly 1 Doughshroom. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions.

Glovemorel: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Thumbcorn.

Cheapcap: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Shimmerlily.

Fool's bolete: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Doughshroom and 1 Green rot.

Wrinklegill: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Brown mold.

Green rot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 White mildew and 1 Clover. When harvested, can drop Green yeast digestives, costing 180 minutes of CpS and giving a 1% boost to Golden and Wrath cookie effect duration and frequency and a 3% boost to item drop probability (except for Christmas cookies if Let it snow has been earned).

Shriekbulb: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Wrinklegill and 1 Elderwort, or 5 Elderwort, or 3 Duketater (even if not mature), or 4 Doughshroom (even if not mature), or 5 Queenbeet. Can also spread from exactly 1 Shriekbulb, even if not mature.

Tidygrass: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 White chocoroot.

Everdaisy: Obtained from crossbreeding 3 Tidygrass and 3 Elderwort.

Ichorpuff: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Elderwort and 1 Crumbspore. When harvested, can drop Ichor syrup, costing 120 minutes of CpS and giving an additional 7% of CpS while the game is closed, as well as reducing sugar lump maturation time by 7 minutes.

I thought of making a weighted digraph of all this but couldn't find any good software for it.

Awesome work, thanks.
    edited April 22
    Matt258 said:

How do I get the other Seeds? I only have 2 kinds. I have Level 3 Farms

On the wiki's garden page, there is a link to a helpful google docs document that gives you recipes for crossbreeding, optimal planting configurations and other useful info.
    And the costs and effects "table" is behind this spoiler.

Note: Golden cookie effects only alter Golden cookies. Wrath cookie effects only alter Wrath cookies. Frequency changes affect the next cookie to appear after the relevant type, whether the next is Golden or Wrath. (For instance, a Clover will make the next cookie after a Golden cookie appear sooner, whereas the next cookie after a Wrath cookie will have its time to appear unaffected.) Also note that "Golden cookie duration" refers to how long the cookie stays on screen; "Golden cookie effect duration" refers to how long the triggered effect lasts. Boosts to random drops apply to Halloween cookies, Easter eggs (from cookies or wrinklers), plant drops, and Christmas cookies unless Let it snow has been earned.

To compute overall effects, "extra" is additive (ie two 1% boosts push 100% to 102%), and "less" is multiplicative (ie two 1% reductions push 100% to 98.01%.)

Baker's wheat: 1 minute of CpS (minimum 30 cookies). 1% extra CpS.

Thumbcorn: 5 minutes of CpS (minimum 100 cookies). 2% extra cookies per click.

Cronerice: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 250 cookies). 3% extra Grandma CpS.

Gildmillet: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 1500 cookies). 1% extra golden cookie gains. 0.1% extra golden cookie effect duration.

Clover: 25 minutes of CpS (minimum 77,777 cookies). 1% extra golden cookie frequency.

Golden clover: 125 minutes of CpS (minimum 777,777,777,777 cookies). 3% extra golden cookie frequency.

Shimmerlily: 60 minutes of CpS (minimum 777,777 cookies). 1% extra golden cookie gains. 1% extra golden cookie frequency. 1% extra frequency of random drops.

Elderwort: 180 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000,000 cookies). 1% extra wrath cookie gains. 1% extra wrath cookie frequency. 1% extra Grandma CpS. Surrounding plots (3x3 square) age 3% faster. Immortal. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Bakeberry: 45 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000,000 cookies). 1% extra CpS. When harvested while mature, will give 30 minutes of CpS or 3% of bank, whichever is lesser.

Chocoroot: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000 cookies). 1% extra CpS. When harvested while mature, will give 3 minutes of CpS or 3% of bank, whichever is lesser.

White chocoroot: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000 cookies). 1% extra golden cookie gains. When harvested while mature, will give 3 minutes of CpS or 3% of bank, whichever is lesser.

White mildew: 20 minutes of CpS (minimum 9,999 cookies). 1% extra CpS. Fungus.

Brown mold: 20 minutes of CpS (minimum 9,999 cookies). 1% less CpS. Fungus.

Meddleweed: 1 minute of CpS (minimum 10 cookies). Has no intrinsic effects.

Whiskerbloom: 20 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000 cookies). 0.2% extra milk effects.

Chimerose: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 242,424 cookies). 1% extra reindeer gains. 1% extra reindeer frequency.

Nursetulip: 40 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000,000 cookies). Surrounding plants (3x3 square) are 20% more efficient. 2% less CpS.

Drowsyfern: 90 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000 cookies). 3% extra CpS. 5% less cookies per click. 10% less golden cookie frequency.

Wardlichen: 10 minutes of CpS (minimum 10,000 cookies). 2% less wrath cookie frequency. 15% less wrinkler spawn rate.

Keenmoss: 50 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000 cookies). 3% extra frequency of random drops.

Queenbeet: 90 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000,000 cookies). 0.3% extra golden cookie effect duration. 2% less CpS. When harvested while mature, will give 60 minutes of CpS or 6% of bank, whichever is lesser. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Juicy queenbeet: Cannot be planted; must be bred from eight queenbeets. 10% less CpS. Surrounding plots (3x3 square) are 20% less efficient. When harvested while mature, will give 1 sugar lump. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Duketater: 480 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000,000,000 cookies). When harvested while mature, will give 120 minutes of CpS or 8% of bank, whichever is lesser. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Crumbspore: 10 minutes of CpS (minimum 999 cookies). No intrinsic effects, but when it dies (not when harvested), will give 1 minute of CpS or 1% of bank, whichever is lesser, multiplied by a random number between 0 and 1. Fungus. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Doughshroom: 100 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000,000 cookies). No intrinsic effects, but when it dies (not when harvested), will give 5 minute of CpS or 3% of bank, whichever is lesser, multiplied by a random number between 0 and 1. Fungus. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Glovemorel: 30 minutes of CpS (minimum 10,000 cookies). 4% extra cookies per click. 1% extra Cursor CpS. 1% less CpS. Fungus.

Cheapcap: 40 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000 cookies). 0.2% less building and upgrade costs. Fungus.

Fool's bolete: 15 minutes of CpS (minimum 10,000 cookies). 2% extra golden cookie frequency. 5% less golden cookie gains. 2% less golden cookie duration. 2% less golden cookie effect duration. Fungus.

Wrinklegill: 20 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000 cookies). 2% extra wrinkler spawn rate. 1% extra wrinkler digestion. Fungus.

Green rot: 60 minutes of CpS (minimum 1,000,000 cookies). 0.5% extra golden cookie duration. 1% extra golden cookie frequency. 1% extra frequency of random drops. Fungus.

Shriekbulb: 60 minutes of CpS (minimum 4,444,444,444,444 cookies). 2% less CpS. Surrounding plots (3x3 square) are 5% less efficient. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Tidygrass: 90 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000,000,000,000 cookies). Surrounding plots (5x5 square) cannot develop weeds or fungus.

Everdaisy: 180 minutes of CpS (minimum 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 cookies). Surrounding plots (3x3 square) cannot develop weeds or fungus. Immortal. Cannot be overtaken by Meddleweed, Crumbspore, or Doughshroom.

Ichorpuff: 120 minutes of CpS (minimum 987,654,321 cookies). Surrounding plots (3x3 square) age 50% slower. Surrounding plots (3x3 square) are 50% less efficient.

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Bless you!
    Lathund said:

Maddie said:

Slot Dotjeiess into the Diamond slot. Your replacement buildings are now 7% cheaper.

Actually, that remark made me realise Dotjeiess is great for gardening! But mostly because of the -30% HC, because that means your CpS will be about 30% lower and therefore your seeds become cheaper. The downside has become the upside.

I also like the Cyclius suggestion.
    You can also change your name to Ortiel to get -2% cps (which also gives you a discount)
    edited April 23
    Do any of the plants and stuff do anything while the game is closed?
    I was thinking of upgrading to level 9+, filling it all with Juicy Queenbeet, and get cookies offline (note, a tick doesn't start unless you are online, but it can finish a tick, which means I'd to get online every 3 minutes to mature ASAP. Also the Seedless to Nay speeds up maturing speed too. But ASAP isn't truely important to me)
    Post edited by Asbestos_Free_Cookie on
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,278 Mod
    edited April 23

Do any of the plants and stuff do anything while the game is closed.

"Your garden has no effect and does not grow while the game is closed."
    Nope
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    One tick doesn't necessarily mean a plant's growth advances.

Plants have multiple numbers attached, among them agetick and agetickR. Each time the timer ticks, each plant grows by an amount computed by agetick + (random)*agetickR, where random is a random real number between 0 and 1. (This is modified by some plants that change the growth rates of surrounding plots, like Elderwort and Ichorpuff.) This is then put into the "randomFloor" function, which, given a number x, returns ceiling(x) with probability x%1 (that is, the fractional part of x), and otherwise floor(x). Once a plant reaches its mature number, it is mature; the thresholds for sprout and bloom are 1/3 and 2/3 of the way to mature respectively.

What this means is that any plant with agetick<1 can fail to age at all on any given tick. These plants are: Cronerice, Elderwort, Nursetulip, Drowsyfern, Juicy queenbeet, Duketater, Tidygrass, and Everdaisy.

However, the number generated is not fixed beforehand (that is, it's not predictable like the Grimoire), so you can savescum to get the result you want.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

Seed "table" behind spoiler.

Crossbreeding means to have those plants among the at most eight plots surrounding the plot where you want to have your new plant. Also, "cardinal directions" means up, down, left, and right--not the four diagonals. All plants must be mature to breed unless otherwise indicated. Also note that all dropped upgrades are cookies (and hence affected by Divine bakeries) except for Fern tea and Ichor syrup (in particular, Green yeast digestives is a cookie).

Baker's wheat: Unlocked from the start. Can also be obtained by crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat. When harvested, can drop Wheat slims, costing 30 minutes of CpS and giving a 1% boost to CpS.

Thumbcorn: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat, 2 Thumbcorn, or 2 Cronerice.

Cronerice: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Thumbcorn.

Gildmillet: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Thumbcorn and 1 Cronerice.

Clover: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Gildmillet or between 2 and 4 Clovers.

Golden clover: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Gildmillet, or between 2 and 4 Clovers, or at least 4 Clovers.

Shimmerlily: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Clover and 1 Gildmillet.

Elderwort: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Cronerice and either one 1 Shimmerlily or 1 Wrinklegill. When harvested, can drop Elderwort biscuits, costing 120 minutes of CpS and giving a 2% boost to CpS and a further 2% boost to Grandma CpS.

Bakeberry: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Baker's wheat. When harvested, can drop Bakeberry cookies, costing 60 minutes of CpS and giving a 2% boost to CpS.

Chocoroot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 Brown mold.

White chocoroot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 White mildew.

White mildew: Obtained from breeding 1 Brown mold when at most 1 White mildew (even if not mature) is also in the eight plots.

Brown mold: Obtained from breeding 1 White mildew when at most 1 Brown mold (even if not mature) is also in the eight plots. Also can be left behind with Meddleweed dies.

Meddleweed: Appears randomly on any tick in an empty plot where all surrounding plots are also empty. Can also spread if 1 to 3 Meddleweed in surrounding plots. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions. Most likely to appear if Fertilizer is used as soil.

Whiskerbloom: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Shimmerlily and 1 White chocoroot.

Chimerose: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Shimmerlily and 1 Whiskerbloom or 2 Chimerose.

Nursetulip: Obtained by crossbreeding 2 Whiskerbloom.

Drowsyfern: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 Keenmoss. When harvested, can drop Fern tea, costing 60 minutes of CpS and giving an additional 3% of CpS while the game is closed.

Wardlichen: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Cronerice and either 1 Keenmoss or 1 White mildew.

Keenmoss: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Green rot and 1 Brown mold. Can also spread if exactly 1 Keenmoss is in surrounding plots.

Queenbeet: Obtained by crossbreeding 1 Chocoroot and 1 Bakeberry.

Juicy queenbeet: Obtained by crossbreeding 8 Queenbeet. Cannot be planted. (Yes, eight.)

Duketater: Obtained by crossbreeding 2 Queenbeet. When harvested, can drop Duketater cookies, costing 180 minutes of CpS and giving a 10% boost to CpS.

Crumbspore: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Doughshroom. Can also spread from exactly 1 Crumbspore. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions. Can also be left behind when Meddleweed dies.

Doughshroom: Obtained from crossbreeding 2 Crumbspore. Can also spread from exactly 1 Doughshroom. May overtake other plants in cardinal directions.

Glovemorel: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Thumbcorn.

Cheapcap: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Shimmerlily.

Fool's bolete: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Doughshroom and 1 Green rot.

Wrinklegill: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Crumbspore and 1 Brown mold.

Green rot: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 White mildew and 1 Clover. When harvested, can drop Green yeast digestives, costing 180 minutes of CpS and giving a 1% boost to Golden and Wrath cookie effect duration and frequency and a 3% boost to item drop probability (except for Christmas cookies if Let it snow has been earned).

Shriekbulb: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Wrinklegill and 1 Elderwort, or 5 Elderwort, or 3 Duketater (even if not mature), or 4 Doughshroom (even if not mature), or 5 Queenbeet. Can also spread from exactly 1 Shriekbulb, even if not mature.

Tidygrass: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Baker's wheat and 1 White chocoroot.

Everdaisy: Obtained from crossbreeding 3 Tidygrass and 3 Elderwort.

Ichorpuff: Obtained from crossbreeding 1 Elderwort and 1 Crumbspore. When harvested, can drop Ichor syrup, costing 120 minutes of CpS and giving an additional 7% of CpS while the game is closed, as well as reducing sugar lump maturation time by 7 minutes.

I thought of making a weighted digraph of all this but couldn't find any good software for it.

Why do you mention what the four "cardinal directions" are, since your first paragraph seems to imply that all eight neighbours are relevant in what starts to grow in an empty plot?

Why do you mention what the four "cardinal directions" are, since your first paragraph seems to imply that all eight neighbours are relevant in what starts to grow in an empty plot?

All eight are relevant to what starts to grow in an empty plot, but certain plants spread to other plants, killing the latter in the process, and that only occurs in the four cardinal directions.

See Meddleweed, Crumbspore, and Doughshroom.

Speaking of plant mutations, I've seen some conflicting information about how close together parents must be to reproduce. Many of the graphics I've seen suggest that plants with 1 space in between them (not directly adjacent) can reproduce, though nearly all literature says they must be adjacent. To add to the confusion, the graphics are on the same posts as the contradicting literature.

Any insights?
    To determine whether a new plant begins growing in an empty plot, all eight plots around it are checked. In particular, this means that if you have plots arranged, say, PEQ, where P and Q are mature plants (possibly the same), and E is empty, E can grow a plant provided P and Q meet the necessary conditions to crossbreed.
    edited April 25

Plot 6 is affected by what is in plots 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. Plots 4,8, and 12 have no effect on 6, but do affect plot 7.
    So if I understand you correctly, it's the empty plot that must have 2 breed-able plants within its 8 adjacent plots in order to grow? That would make a lot of sense; I just misunderstood what "adjacent" applied to. Thanks for the info.
    Well, it has to have the requisite number. A few plants require more than two in the adjacent plots. See my seed "table" above.

But specifically:

Juicy queenbeets require 8 Queenbeets. Everdaisies require 3 Tidygrass and 3 Elderwort.

Yes. if 6 is the plot you want t grow something in, you can have the necessary parents in 1 and 11 and it will work, (if the plant you want only needs two parents. If it needs three, you could have them in 1, 9 and 11; or 3, 7 and 11, for instance.)
    If I have my entire grid filled with mature green rots, and I "Harvest all", do I get the random drop boost (to get Green yeast digestives) for every harvested mature green rot? Wish I thought possibility before I got green rot. Might have been easier (haven't done the math. Also not going to do the math).
    edited April 25
    When you "Harvest all," the plants are harvested sequentially. So the first Green rot drop check will have the item boost from every other Green rot, the second will have all but one, and so on.

EDIT: Meanwhile, if there's a downside to the garden, it's that feeling when you know you should ascend because of how much prestige you'll gain but you have four Juicy queenbeets growing with that being the last plant you need to complete your seed log.
    Post edited by dpareja on
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

EDIT: Meanwhile, if there's a downside to the garden, it's that feeling when you know you should ascend because of how much prestige you'll gain but you have four Juicy queenbeets growing with that being the last plant you need to complete your seed log.

I think things like "Ascend when you have XXX prestige points accrued" should be taken as a guide, not followed mindlessly. There are too many variables for any playing strategy algorithm to take them all into account. Some of them are to do with random aspects of the game, such as which plants happen to sprout or mutate; others are human factors like how much time you spend in active play, and obvious things like having to leave the screen so you can go to sleep for the night.