Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

15678911»

Comments

• dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    IIRC you just can't plant Juicy Queenbeets. They spawn, or they don't.
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    dr_flash said:

IIRC you just can't plant Juicy Queenbeets. They spawn, or they don't.

Dang, that sucks.
    But that would explain why the CpS cost for Juicy Queenbeet seeds says N/A on the wiki.
    Kinda odd though, you need to unlock all seeds, yet you don't actually unlock the JQ seed, you just discover it.
    yep. Or, it's just not so seedy a seed as all the other seeds :)
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Juicy queenbeets can't be planted, and given how you have to plant Queenbeets to grow them it's impossible to get more than four growing at any one time. And anyway the effect-decreasing effects only impact continuous effects (like CpS boosts/reductions). They don't affect static gains from harvesting.
  • BlackDragonBlackDragon Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Hey, quick question about breeding Everdaisies... I'm in the middle of rebuilding my seed-collection after my first visit from the Sugarhornets (don't think I'll be inviting them around again... but I'm not 100% sure), and the way I got the Everdaisies the first time around wasn't very efficient. Anyone know what the best layout is for that? Full-size garden, ofc. I've got a list from earlier in this thread showing best layouts for identical parents, two different parents, and even 3 different parents... (don't recall any seeds actually NEEDING that, oddly enough), but nothing for 2-times-3-of-a-kind setups.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    I did rows alternating with tidygrass and elderwort like so:

TG _EW_TG_EW_TG_EW

_ _ _ _ _ _

EW_TG_EW_TG_EW_TG

_ _ _ _ _ _

TG_EW_TG_EW_TG_EW

• BlackDragonBlackDragon Member Posts: 86 ✭✭

I did rows alternating with tidygrass and elderwort like so:

Umm... unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's even less efficient than the method I originally used, which was to just have a row of Tidygrass, empty row, row of Elderwort, empty row, row of Tidygrass. Same effect, but cheaper. Both setups also have the same 'blind spots' - the top and bottom of each row, and an empty row at the end.
    edited June 24
    Alright, got the full collection.
    Now i do recall that you can keep a seed after sacrificing your garden by selecting the seed in your catalogue, then sacrifice and then plant it.
    Is that still true?
    And if so, i'll get to my actual question: Which seed would you say this is best to do with?
    Post edited by BigbyBoss on

Hey, quick question about breeding Everdaisies... I'm in the middle of rebuilding my seed-collection after my first visit from the Sugarhornets (don't think I'll be inviting them around again... but I'm not 100% sure), and the way I got the Everdaisies the first time around wasn't very efficient. Anyone know what the best layout is for that? Full-size garden, ofc. I've got a list from earlier in this thread showing best layouts for identical parents, two different parents, and even 3 different parents... (don't recall any seeds actually NEEDING that, oddly enough), but nothing for 2-times-3-of-a-kind setups.

I got my Everdaisy after the 3rd Tidygrass spam. (I mean i always wait until all wither away, then place all at once. I do that so i can consistently switch between Fertilizer & Wood Chips.)
    I had a 6x5 the entire time i tried for Everdaisy, so i had the following setup the entire time...

[X] [T] [X] [T] [X] [T]
    [T] [E] [T] [E] [T] [E]
    [X] [T] [X] [T] [X] [T]
    [T] [E] [T] [E] [T] [E]
    [X] [T] [X] [T] [X] [T]

Whether it's the best or not didn't really matter to me, it would work eventually, and it honestly worked quicker than i imagined, JQ was the biggest drag overall.
    BigbyBoss said:

Now i do recall that you can keep a seed after sacrificing your garden by selecting the seed in your catalogue, then sacrifice and then plant it.
    Is that still true?
    And if so, i'll get to my actual question: Which seed would you say this is best to do with?

I didn't know about that option, but you could always try. Export your save and save your export.
    dr_flash said:

BigbyBoss said:

Is that still true?

I didn't know about that option, but you could always try. Export your save and save your export.
    Well yeah, but even then i'd be wondering what seed would be best to get.

Like, i was thinking of taking the one that has the lowest chance to get, which, according to the guide, is Golden Clover.

But since GC can be gained by just spamming OCs, it's very easy to spam those.

I myself would be moreso leaning towards those that need at least 2 parents, but also those whose parents don't last very long when mature, like Doughshrooms.

Any seed that you can get with Elderwort as a parent for example is basically the same as farming for a seed which can be gained with just 1 parent, since it's immortal.

But i just can't get to a good conclusion.

I thought of Everdaisies, since the chances are definitely low, and it's actually the one that took me the longest to get.

And yet it has Elderwort as a parent, meaning it's not a hassle to get, just tedious, or very tedious, depending on your luck.

Anyway, what i'd love right now is someone's opinion on that, see if i'm missing anything here.
    I'd definitely take the Queenbeets for that. I found it takes at least a week of cross-breeding to get them otherwise. A week without the enormous cookie gains they give. The rest will spawn or be breeded sooner or later. But I'd need the queenbeets first.
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I'm trying to get a Queenbeet by planting Chocoroot and Bakeberry next to each other.

Am I doing it right?

- B C C B -
    - B C C B -
    edited June 30
    Not really no. The most efficient ways to plant depend on the size of your garden. This Google doc sums it all up quite neatly: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vR-EfFZl71Y3q4-EPrXB9dZDu_3n6ZsT0KGxUPYfVJae8mj6OK2ame93TZUp8pfhjMsmE5PlZS6DxRq/pub

For a full size 6x6 garden the optimal setup would be:

_ _ _ _ _ _
    B C _ B C B
    _ _ _ _ _ _
    _ _ _ _ _ _
    B C B _ C B
    _ _ _ _ _ _
  • SwankSwank Member Posts: 7
    2nd time through on the garden is going so much better now that I know what I'm doing. Getting the 7 upgrades before restarting the garden was a good call, I didn't have the heart to blow away all of my hard work right away. Once all seeds are unlocked again I'll have to decide if I want to go for JQBs or call in the sugar hornets, I think I'll try the JQB route first to see how long it takes to get 10 that way and go from there.
    I don't use the garden for sugar lumps. Just not worth it. What you need is the Queenbeets and the Duketaters. I had hoped for a new Sugar lump yielding mechanism in the latest V2.0109 though.
15678911»