Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Garden minigame

Comments

• TumaluTumalu Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    It can be a little frustrating with Juicy Queenbeets because it can take ~40 reloads, but each time you refresh the page your garden ages differently. It's more obvious with more likely mutations, like if you have bakers wheat lying around.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 531Member ✭✭✭
    40? I/m averaging one JQB every 15 mins of reloading. The first one usually comes in at under ten minutes, but tonight took about 12 minutes for example..I just got my 4th JQB for the first time!! Took over an hour. Plus I get in the habit of refreshing and hit F5 after the fucker appears. Luckily, it only took about 3-4 minutes to spawn again (first one took 42 minutes).

edited May 2018
    Holy crap, that's some awful luck. You're swapping to wood chips first, right? Still, with odds this low, it's always possible to get some really bad rng.

Although yeah, I'm not intentionally going in for 15+ minutes of reloading straight (not counting waiting for a new tick after getting a JQB), so I never bother for the 4th. It's not worth it.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Posts: 124Member ✭✭
    Wow, I must have been lucky. I was always playing on Fertilizer and once i figured out how to do it, I had it spawned in like 10 reloads or so?
  • dparejadpareja Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭
    You can also open multiple tabs and refresh all of them. (Chrome doesn't have it by default but you can get extensions to enable the capability.)
    just to be sure: a growing JQB is not vulnerable to contamination or takeovers by meddleweeds and all that junk, is it??
    It is not vulnerable. It's still worth surrounding with Elderwort IMO.
    Elderwort is fine for if you're just gonna idle the garden for a day for whatever reason (busy, don't feel like playing, etc), but even a full elderwort surrounding will only boost aging by like 19%. So, going full speed ahead on whatever cookie production strat works fine.

They're definitely immune tho'. Queenbeets and duketaters are too, the only slow-growing plant that isn't is drowsyferns I think.
    edited May 2018
    I had it surrounded by duketaters since yesterday evening, had a lot of fun with them duketaters today :) JQB is still about half way.

On another note: I just had my second Elder Frenzy off a backfired HoF. It does happen :)
    Post edited by dr_flash on
    edited May 2018
    Tumalu said:

Holy crap, that's some awful luck. You're swapping to wood chips first, right? Still, with odds this low, it's always possible to get some really bad rng.

Yes, with woodchips. This is in Beta tho, so maybe the odds have been improved in the live version? I got 4 in the live version after posting this in a much shorter time frame.

Tumalu said:

I'm not intentionally going in for 15+ minutes of reloading straight (not counting waiting for a new tick after getting a JQB), so I never bother for the 4th. It's not worth it.

I do it whilst listening to a podcast or something, so if I'm sitting there for an hour anyway then why not.

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭
    Bloody Juicy Queenbeets. :(

I just had my first one germinate, after trying for what seems like weeks, planting ordinary Queenbeets in a 5x5 array with four holes for JQs to grow, freezing the garden overnight to make sure nothing untoward happened while I was asleep. Time after time I returned to check the garden to find nothing growing in the holes, or Duketaters, which I got ages ago. I was beginning to think I must have misread the Garden Guide.

I just hope they taste as good as the blurb makes out.
    Juicy queenbeets... welcome to save-scumming.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

Juicy queenbeets... welcome to save-scumming.

Apart from the fact that I prefer not to "save-scum", I think I'd find it rather tiresome. Presumably it would entail waiting until the garden clock was just a few seconds short of ticking over before saving, then probably having to reload many times, given the apparent low probability of Juicy Queenbeet germinating. I think I prefer to just let things idle (it is not called an Idle Game for nothing). I also think I get more of a sense of achievement this way. Gardeners can always source produce from the shops or markets, but they find it more satisfying when they grow their own.

I imagine Juicy Queenbeet tasting something like rhubarb. Pleasant enough, though I'm not sure that would warrant waging war over it.
    In any individual plot, you're as likely to get Juicy queenbeets as you are Duketaters... just that you can have a lot more open plots for Duketaters than you can for Juicy queenbeets.

freezing the garden overnight to make sure nothing untoward happened while I was asleep.

That's the best time to do it for non-scumming, though! :D Wood chip queenbeets planted right before sleep should be just finishing when you wake up. Right before work or school is good, too. JQBs are immune to weeds so there's not much to worry about.

I've just collected all 7 upgrades, but now I don't know if I can sacrifice the garden to get sugarlumps without losing them all and having to do it all over again. I'm hoping when it says they are unlocked in the wiki guide, that isn't just referring to ascending.

You don't have to re-unlock the plant upgrades, you have them forever.
    these Wheat Slims suck forever. I've had at least 3000 Bakers Wheats harvested in this ascension alone, and still no way it falls. It's not like my game is broken, I did see the elderwort biscuits fall after 80 of them or so. But Wheat slims just dont.
    Wheat slims have only a tenth the chance of elderworts to drop, so it can take awhile... oomph. Same chance as spawning a juicy queenbeet, to put it one way.
    Yeah, but with Juicy Queenbeets there are at most four spots where they can appear (so 12 chances with Wood chips), with Wheat slims you can have 36 per shot.
    You know if you get the green digestives first, your random drop prob increases? Then you can plant a field full of keenmoss and one baker's wheat and prob goes up to over 0.1

• BigbyBossBigbyBoss Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Any reason why the Garden- & Pantheon's timers are tied to your device but the Grimoire's timer isn't?
    edited May 2018
    Probably because the grimoire isn't literally just a timer. It's a slowly incrementing bank like your cookies. It's not just "in 3 minutes you may cast a new spell".

Although it's unfortunate, yeah. Since browsers throttle inactive tabs, it's best to have as many features on device time as possible. It's good that idling is almost nonexistent cookies compared to godmazok or garden once they get rolling, because the throttling -drastically- lowers your idle cps if it's anything like it's effect on mp regen...

I heard he's working on a mobile version, and if it works out he'll probably have to iron out a lot of these things as mobile would mostly run in the backround, or even closed. This hopefully would lead to mobile fixes ported to the PC version for stuff like wrinklers benefiting from your "cookies earned while you were gone" and backround mp regen working better.

You know if you get the green digestives first, your random drop prob increases? Then you can plant a field full of keenmoss and one baker's wheat and prob goes up to over 0.1

Wow. Had I known that before LOL. But I have it now, thanks ;) I'll use this for some other unlikely upgrades.
    BTW Ichor Syrup does not appear in my list of puchased upgrades, now that I finally have it. Does anyone else have the same issue?
    It's not a cookie, so it's not with the other upgrades which are all cookies. It's further up the list.

Fern tea is also not a cookie.
    Ah right. So tea and syrup are up near the easter eggs, the other five are after the xmas upgrades.

Wow, indeed :D I feel pretty dumb now LOL
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Got that Juicy Queenbeet!

I feel like the answer to this is SUPER obvious, but still: You can't gain below 1 Sugar Lump, right?
    Cause it does say 20% less efficient and if i'd spam these on the plots, they would be planted close enough to eachother eventually after enough spamming.