Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

V.2.0053 Beta

adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
IDK what happened to versions 46-52. Anyway, loads of new achievements, upgrades and a new minigame. Somebody please explain the minigame bc IDFK what's going on.

New achievements- 400 and 450 buildings, 4 new bake x cookies per second (up to 100oct) and 4 new bake x cookies in one ascension (I haven't earned any of these so IDK what the thresholds are... I expect first one is bake 100duodec). Also 3 new achievement slots between "A wizard is you" and "you win a cookie".

Comments

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    v.2.0054 now.
  • ChickenChronicles49ChickenChronicles49 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I'm not seeing the update, mine is still on v.2.0045. I reloaded the page. Is there something you have to do to access it?
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I'm not seeing the update, mine is still on v.2.0045. I reloaded the page. Is there something you have to do to access it?

A banner should have appeared at the bottom left telling you that a new upgrade was available, and reloading should have got you the upgrade.

You realise, though, that this is an upgrade to the beta? It's not in the live game yet.

The Milk Selector seems to have gone in the Beta. :(

This is a very minor loss I suppose, but I liked it because I run the live and beta games simultaneously. Of course each has its own baker name (one is bob and the other is not), but giving each one its own milk colour gives a quick visual cue to alert me which game I am currently looking at.
  • ChickenChronicles49ChickenChronicles49 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Oh, I didn't know how the beta updates worked. That's obviously why I didn't see it. Is there any indication on when it will release into the live game?
    I doubt if there's a firm timeline. The usual pattern seems to be that upgrades are put into the Beta to see how they perform and to get feedback on them, then eventually after a trial period they make it across into the Live game, possibly with significant modifications. The Blind Luck synergy is an example of one that appeared in the beta and never made it into the main game; clearly it was considered a failure. It boosted the production from prisms to a ridiculous extent, leading to a big imbalance between the higher buildings.

IDK what happened to versions 46-52. Anyway, loads of new achievements, upgrades and a new minigame. Somebody please explain the minigame bc IDFK what's going on.

Latest Beta is now 2.0055 for me.

My reading of the garden minigame, based solely on what's written in the minigame box and on the info page, is that you plant seeds in the available plots, and each plant gives an increase in CpS, the amount depending on the plant's stage of growth. There is a "maturation time" and a "lifetime", so i assume that at some stage they die and you can plant more. It looks like you can create new breeds (presumably with bigger CpS boost) by crossbreeding, but I have no idea how you do this; at present there is only one kind of seed, but supposedly more are on the way.

So while sugar lumps do not give any benefit until they are harvested or harvest themselves, these differ in that you start getting the benefit as soon as they are planted, but probably the benefit stops at the end of their lifetime and you have to plant more to replace them.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    I just leveled farms up to L2 and got 2 more plots. I don't know what "ticks" are.

Differences with 2.0055 seem to be coloured text in the minigames highlighting costs and benefits. There may also be some new heavenly upgrades?

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    No new heavenly upgrades.
    As far as I can tell a "tick" is the point in time at which plants go through one stage of growth. however the time between ticks seems to depend on the soil type. On first analysis clay seems to best soil if your play is mostly passive, because ticks are less frequent, so the plants would grow slower but also live longer.

Apart from the choice of soil type, there does not seem to be much in the way of strategy, it's just a matter of when a patch is empty, plant another seed. the cost of planting seems negligible.

The game says the plant may reproduce and may drop seed when unearthed, but when I click to unearth, nothing seems to happen (apart from the plant disappearing) so i don't know what's going on here.
    edited March 31
    There is text beneath the free button which says "seeds 1/14". IDK if that means there are 14 possible varieties or I can have a max of 14 seeds and need to build them up before planting the next crop.
    dpareja said:

Booooooooo

There is text beneath the free button which says "seeds 1/14". IDK if that means there are 14 possible varieties or I can have a max of 14 seeds and need to build them up before planting the next crop.

dpareja said:

Booooooooo
    but a shitload of new achievements. I have not even bothered to check what they are, I only know they have almost doubled my production rate.
    It seems that plants add to CPS whilst they are growing. Looks like active play is well and truly back, at least until the 450 building achievements can be ticked off.

There is also a new kitten in the latest beta, which I don't think anyone has mentioned. Cost is 775 undecillion. Presumably it boosts milk by 20% like the kittens immediately below it?
    edited March 31
    A bunch of new achievements, related to harvesting crops, getting to 450 buildings largely. (No more Spontaneous Edifice shenanigans!) Also some stuff for baking tons of cookies (I imagine 100 tredecillion and 1 quattordecillion or however you spell it). And a few more CpS achievements. Also two more mouse types for 12% of CpS. And some cookies. And yes, the new kitten (Marketeers) is 20% like the others. And I think some more achievements for manual clicking.
    edited March 31
    dpareja said:

(No more Spontaneous Edifice shenanigans!)

I just got the 100duodec cookies in one ascension achievement thanks to spontaneous edifice and selling the 400th chancemaker.

Should we start up a new thread for the Garden? Looks like it will be more complex than the others and lots of people will be asking questions.

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since noone mentioned it yet, I'll just add my small contribution here.

There's a new Shadow Achievement for having a Year-old legacy.
    I think it really shouldn't have to be Shadow, because one of the Sugar Lumps achievements, without Golden Cookie related boosts, will also take one year to complete.
    That is, unless I'm misreading it, which is entirely possible.

(Hint: Read its flavor text with Mario's voice.)

It's there in my beta. Maybe it was restored in the two more recent updates.

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out on what conditions one can switch soils for the garden.
    So far, the only I got was that changing soil type sets the timer to its tick time if said timer is currently higher and that (apparently) there's a cooldown to change it. Something between 10 to 20 minutes?
    I'm assuming it depends on which soil type you have and which you want to change it to.

Every building after Grandma also had a decrease in CpS to balance out new Cookies and Kitten.

Back to Garden, one user on Reddit said they found all the seeds.
    Active play returns in the form of gardening. What's this now, Farmville?

edited April 1
    Garden minigame thread here

EDIT: fuckers just took the new thread down. WTF? Have I not earned enough points to show that I'm not a spammer trying to sell penis enlarging pills? SMH.

It's there in my beta. Maybe it was restored in the two more recent updates.
    It's back for me now, after refreshing. I can't be 100% sure that it was gone; I may have just been highlighting the wrong part of the store part of the screen.
    edited April 1
    dpareja said:

No more Spontaneous Edifice shenanigans!

I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be too quick to stop reaping the benefits of Spontaneous Edifice. As pointed out by me and a couple of others, the periodic selling of the 400th Chancemaker and getting it back via SE equates to a massive boost to CpS, a couple of orders of magnitude higher than the CpS from everything else. At what point are you willing to give up that gain in order to go for the 450 of each building? At the very least, I'd wait until I have 450 of everything except Chancemakers, and have enough in the bank to get those extra 50 Chancemakers in one hit, rather than having to wait. (If you have more than 450 of some buildings you could sell those down in order to boost the cookies-at-bank.)

Also, once you have got this achievement you don't need to try for it again, so on future runs I'd say it's best to leave your Chancemakers on 400 and keep using SE.
    You're still looking at needing over 340 tredecillion cookies to get those Chancemakers. (Plus I think there's an Achievement for 1 quattordecillion baked in one ascension.)
    Finally after about a day's play with farms at level 2 I saw a plant of another type growing, "thumbcorn", and harvested it when mature, giving me a second seed. It looks like mutations happen randomly but not very often.

Still waiting to see how this "crossbreeding" works. I have planted the two types alternating in a 3 x 3 array, giving 12 baker's wheat/thumbcorn neighbour pairs, hoping that at least one of the pairs will "get acquainted".
    Use wood chips for getting new types of plants.

Also, I was misspelling quattuordecillion.
    edited April 2
    There is extensive info on reddit on the different seeds and how to get them. Strangely, no achievement for getting all 14.
    Post edited by adam_antichrist on

• FanfirFanfir Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone say how crops mutate? Should I replant them as soon as they mature for increasing chance get new seeds or let them live full cycle insted?
    Right now I'm use wood chips and already harvested 232 mature plants, still 1 seed type available.
    Fanfir said:

Can anyone say how crops mutate? Should I replant them as soon as they mature for increasing chance get new seeds or let them live full cycle insted?
    Right now I'm use wood chips and already harvested 232 mature plants, still 1 seed type available.

It's in the table above. If you have four plots, you plant two Bakers' seeds diagonally opposite. When they mature, there is some chance that Thumbcorn or Cronerice will appear in the empty plots.

edited April 3
    If you don't care about spoilers, there's a little nugget (pun sort of intended) in the source code about golden sugar lumps:

They're three times likelier in 2.0055 beta than in 2.0045, but have lost none of their effects (2-7 lumps, double cookies in bank, golden cookies are 10% more frequent for 24 hours). The achievement for harvesting one is still shadow, however.