Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

An in-depth analysis of The Gardevoir Incident

FACKFACK Member Posts: 1
Since the whole Gardevoir x BurntCookie argument is starting back up, I'm just going to say fuck that and try to stop this before it starts, because this is getting stupid. Everybody just blames Gardevoir like it was black and white, like the original post he made was "Fuck BurntCookie, he should go shoot himself" when in fact it was nothing like that. So, because of that, I will go through the entire thread and show exactly what everybody (not just Gardevoir) did wrong. To start, this was (I believe) the original post he made that started this huge ridiculous controversy that has no reason to exist:

"I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself. The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS. It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this."

This was the post that started this huge controversy that CWS, DLK, and Gardevoir still get pissed about any time it is mentioned. Fuck everybody (including past me) who was involved with the Gardevoir Incident. BECAUSE THIS IS FUCKING STUPID. THIS ONE OPINION WAS WORTH THE HOURS OF OUR LIVES WASTED ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THIS. Anyways, despite CWS saying things like "Gardevoir insulted BurntCookie," there doesn't seem to be anything that actually is an insult in it.

Let me break it down.
"I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself." ~ This is not actually that bad. Gardevoir simply said he's tired of these threads. Yes, maybe it could have been done in a nicer way, but it's still nothing rage worthy.

"The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS." ~ Gardevoir explains his reasoning for being annoyed, and they are indeed legitimate reasons. Yes, it's debatable that this place isn't to talk about depression, as that is very opinionated, but besides from that, the post is very legitimate.

"It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this." ~ This is the funniest part of the post, as everybody freaks out as if Gardevoir shot BurntCookie with a gun made out of middle fingers, when he literally said "I don't hate BurntCookie." He in fact was somewhat mature about it, honestly.

Overall, the post was fine. But since this was just the bullet that started the war, there's still a lot to go through. DLK soon replied with generic sarcasm, which Gardevoir replied to honestly, while he replied to Sparky's insult with sarcasm. CWS also gets pissed off at Gardevoir. Throughout the first half of the page, ArtificialCookie and Kirdneh seem to be the only people who replied maturely to the comment, which is surprising. Gardevoir later begins to reply pointing out that Dashnet is about digital cookies, which is still just an opinion, which is fine. And here's my first post, god dammit. Surprisingly, it wasn't as ragey as I was expecting. This is it:

[Insert Gardevoir's original post]
"And by saying that, you are just making things worse. Even if this isn't the place to talk about depression (which I disagree), you still are doing a lot of damage. By saying this, you are technically agreeing with BurntCookie. If you had just said that this isn't the place to talk about depression or he should get professional help, it would've been fine, but instead, you agreed with BurntCookie. Even if you don't actually agree with what BurntCookie has been saying, it still sounds like you agree, and agreeing with BurntCookie is one of the worst things you could do right now."

I don't know exactly what I meant back then, but I think I meant that it sounds like by Gardevoir basically saying "BurntCookie's threads are starting to get annoying," he was agreeing with BurntCookie, who at the time considered himself to be extremely annoying. Besides from that, there really isn't anything else to say. I'm just surprised I was that mature about it then. Anyways, after Gardevoir said he never agreed with BurntCookie in reply to my post, the page ended.

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,271 Mod
    edited March 29
    I didn't read much of this but is this just a copy-paste of another post/set of posts? Because I'm pretty sure the Gardevoir x BurntCookie thing is not starting back up.

Edit: Here it is. All instances of the words "screw" or "fawk" were replaced with "fuck." Time to flag, I guess.
    Post edited by Billabo on
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • leunleun Member Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    wait did someone else write this before?

• sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    good to know
    what's a signature
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭
    Gardevoir is the queen of rule 34,no? Is it other Gardevoir?
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iceklaus said:

Gardevoir is the queen of rule 34,no? Is it other Gardevoir?

It's a shy gardevoir.
    In a way, it's the one you're thinking about. In another way, you couldn't be more wrong.

Either way, I don't think you should go through the trouble to learn what makes it different.

i don't exactly get what you're on about. i don't know who either of the two are and it says burntcookie is banned.
    what's a signature
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't exactly get what you're on about. i don't know who either of the two are and it says burntcookie is banned.

This post is copy and pasted from drama from several years ago.
    Every legend fades, eventually.
    ---
    Soundcloud

This post is copy and pasted from drama from several years ago.
    oh so it's a copypasta now? cool cool
    *dab*
    what's a signature
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭
    The point system here lead some people to become dashnet celebs, so any gas leak becomes dash-wide drama, it seems.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BloodScourgeBloodScourge Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Why do people still care about this whole thing?