Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The slaughter at mount eastview academy (mafia + magic) OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS!

ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭
edited May 4 in Playground
You have recently been recruited for a famous magic academy. All you need to do now is SIGN your entry papers and get your things to the dormitories. However there has been rumors going around aboutt a serial-killer walking around in the school, however, blood mages aren't allowed in school, or in society at all for that matter.
Oh well, you guess you should just SIGN already.

TO SIGN DO:

name: (literally anything)
focused school: (either alteration, conjuration, deconstruction, divination,enhancemnet, illusion, time, warp)
age: (anything between 15 and 27, I don't want this to get weird)
You shall receive a list of permitted spells from your teachers shortly after signing.
Required tools and items will be ordered and delivered to you via owl mail.

-----------------------------------------------

When the game has begun one player is assigned the role as a murderer. The murderer and I will keep a private message chat where the murderer tells me, every 3rd turn, who he wants to kill. All other actions happen openly except specifically stated otherwise. you may "whisper" messages to eah other through PMs however it is considered unsportsmanlike to do so without anoouncing you are whispering to the person in question. It is also best if you invite me in beforehand to the conversations since there is spells allowing people to listen to your whispering conversations without you knowing.

You can take any realistically possible action except one which may result in killing another student or teacher. Every third turn (one turn is when all living players have acted or two days have passed.) the murder will have killed somebody. Chosen elite students (or students with specific spells) will receive simple clues to who the murderer could be, however the murderer gets tools too.
After a murder class trial will occur. During class trial you may vote on a person to be expelled. The people who get the most votesare put on trial and get to say anything they have in defense, and then voting begins; if only one person is put on trial, you vote between "expel or not" instead of "that person or that person".

Spellcasting is the only action that may occur hidden, some spells prevent you from being murdered or let's the murderer leave less clues, while others simply give extra clues or extra votes during class trial. Some spells are passive however and instead provide information or protection without you acting at all. All hidden actions are free actions.

NEWS!!!!:
-----------------------------------
At a special point in time you will gain mastery in your school of magic (THis happens if your character has lived long enough).
When this happens you will get to choose one mastery spell, HOWEVER each student (and teacher) may only have one mastery spell and there are multiple ones to choose from.
All teachers have reached mastery in their school and have a random mastery spell, however nobody is allowed to know somebody else's mastery spell and therefore you aren't even allowed to tell somebody through whispers. You may only get to know someones mastery through them using that spell.

EVENTS!!!! Events occur either after murder or when triggered by spells (or both). A full list of events can be found at my pastebin

SPELLS LIST AND EVENTS
Spells list
Events
Post edited by Maniklas on

Comments

• ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 760 ✭✭
    edited March 29
    name: scribble
    focused school: illusion
    what do i put here
    i bought a fountain pen (lamy safari)
    it's nice.
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Riki
    School: Deconstruction

• iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    name: Frost
    school: Alteration
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭
    edited April 9
    Oh right I have this going on, give me 2 hours and I will be done;
    @Scribblium
    You sign the form as Scribble.
    You are an illusion magician.
    Your assigned spells are:
    Auditory Hallucination - Convince target he or she hears a sound, you don't even have to know how that sound sounds! Hidden action 3 turn cooldown
    Cage of Relection - Target can see nothing but mirrors surrounding him or her about a half meter away. Standard action 5 turn cooldown
    False Lead - Target will have their next clue (in 3 turns or less) be botched without knowing it. Hidden action 4 turn cooldown
    -----------------
    @Vini
    You sign the form as Riki.
    You are a deconstruction battlemage.
    Destroy Humanoid - Target body gets destroyed without leaving any clear leads if you are the murderer, you can also kill someone using this spell but this will be very painful and the target will scream a lot. Hidden action 5 turn cooldown
    Make Path - A.K.A. Breaking down a wall. Standard action 2 turn cooldown
    Undo - The next spell target casts will do nothing. Hidden action 3 turn cooldown
    ------------------------
    @iceklaus
    You sign the form as Frost.
    You are an alteration technomagician.
    Alter Evidence - Target evidence seems to point to someone else. Hidden action 4 turn cooldown
    Make Mouse - Target dodges all attacks made during the next murdering turn. Hidden action 8 turn cooldown
    Defecting Arm - Target will target a random player or item with their next spell. Hidden action 4 turn cooldown
    Post edited by Maniklas on
    bump
    Maniklas said:

Oh right I have this going on, give me 2 hours and I will be done;
    I'll edit this post when ready:
    @Scribblium
    @Vini
    @iceklaus

what do i put here
    it's nice.
    @Scribblium
    @Vini
    @iceklaus

You all walk into the main hall.
    The teachers welcome you, there are 2 teachers teaching you and you have 3 other classmates.
    There is one murderer.
    There are 2 elite students where one of them is a player.

The next murder will occur in 3 turns

PROTIP: If you are the murderer, killing the player characters can be a bad idea.

Characters left:
    Scribble - Student(player)
    Riki - Student(player)
    Frost - Student(player)
    Axel - Student
    Marok - Student
    Isac- Student
    Archmage Lauren (Teacher)
    Teacher Maire (Teacher)

Spell lists:
    Axel
    Deconstruction
    Destroy Humanoid - Target body gets destroyed without leaving any clear leads if you are the murderer, you can also kill someone using this spell but this will be very painful and the target will scream a lot. Hidden action 5 turn cooldown
    Acid splash - When attacked you will not be killed. Passive ability 8 turn cooldown
    Destroy evidence - Target evidence vanishes. Hidden action 2 turn cooldown

Marok
    Divination
    Get clue - Get a random clue or reveal a random piece of evidence you haven't noticed
    Fortune-telling - Reveal 5 students, at least one of them is a murderer. Hidden action 5 turn cooldown
    Reveal spell - Reveal who cast and who the target is(if there is any) for the next spell cast. Hidden action 4 turn cooldown

Isac
    Time
    Resurrect - Ressurect target player. They may not tell any details of the murder of themself. Standard action One use per game
    Haste - Speed cooldown up by 1 for a random spell for target player. Standard action 4 turn cooldown
    Undo damage - Protect target from attacks during the next turn. Hidden action 3 turn cooldown

Archmage Lauren
    All Enhancement spells

Teacher Maire
    All Alteration spells
    I greet the teachers and fellow students, staying close to Axel. We Deconstructo-mages gotta stand strong and stick together.

• lukeMjlukeMj Member Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Name: Bob
    School: Time Mage
    Other: Can travel back in time meaning that i can tell the person who was murder that they were murder in the Future. and also can check on self is the future so i dont get murder.
    ᕕ(⌐■_■)ᕗ Part of Team Quantum (つ・ ∀ ・)つ
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    edited April 9
    OH SHIAT! I AM LATE. very late in fact. *Warps back in time so he can arrive earlier* Also your friend Isac seems to have used his time powers for the same reasons. "Hello!" Wow even the teachers aren't here at this time. "Hiya!" *you and him fast forward time again* Whoops The Lessons have started! *Warps back in time when Riki arrived.* another student Marok says "how did you get here?" "Time mage." Me and Isac Reply. You and Isac sit down next to each other. Because you have known him your whole life. he even warped back in time to make sure we were born at exactly the same time!
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    I approach Isac and observe him, I don't trust time mages.

I sit and prepare for the lesson.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.
    *you pause time And while its paused you get ready* *you look at that guy scribble and decide to mess up his desk, you also do this to frost. But not Riki she is Way older than you.* *you sit down and time resumes*
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    lukeMj said:

*you pause time And while its paused you get ready* *you look at that guy scribble and decide to mess up his desk, you also do this to frost. But not Riki she is Way older than you.* *you sit down and time resumes*

I throw a pencil at him.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.
    @lukeMj Accepted BUT that power may only be used in your lore. This power cannot give you any advantages ingame

You sign the form as Bob
    You are a time mage.
    Haste - Speed cooldown up by 1 for a random spell for target player. Standard action(No need to tell target to everyone) 4 turn cooldown
    Reverse Time - Dodge two attacks per game. passive 2 uses per game
    Time dilation - If target is the murderer, he won't be able to make attacks during the next murdering turn. Hidden action 5 turn cooldown
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

@Vini You greet the teachers and get to know Axel. He's a pretty nice guy actually.

@iceklaus Isac is as weird and mysterious as you would expect from a time mage. You make sure not to sit too close to that...thing....
    Isacs friend seems to have found something

@Scribblium You sit down and prepare for class

@lukeMj You mess with peoples desks without them noticing, you found something.... (the time thing didn't happen, you are limited to ONLY the spells assigned.)

@Scribblium It hit him right on the leg, he seems to have found something
    Sit and watch the class.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.
    I look to the side, at the small commotion that brewed (is brewing?) up. I consider stealthily blowing something up, but it might just make the confusion greater and put me in a bad spot with the teachers.
    I sigh and pick a desk, preferably close to Axel, because having friends is nice.

edited April 11
    You and isac now have some info that is very Important. Your expressions show That you dont know of this.
    (also lore means story right?)
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    edited April 11
    approach luke.

spill out what you found, or else I'll let madam Lauren know what you just did.

PeditS: well, given the nature of my spells, do I declare them here or via PM?

edited April 11
    Ok ok... fine... *whispers: You're the murderer*
    also im BOB
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    @Scribblium You instill engagement of classroom activities.

@Vini You consider to blow something up but decide not to. You sit next to axel. Axel whispers something to you and you get a clue.

@lukeMj Very well then, what to do now? (Yes, lore does, in it's most basic form mean story)

@iceklaus You do so and in his opinion you apparently are the murderer.
    edited April 11
    *keep talking to luke Bob:*

mister, I don't think you are aware that...

HEY, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO THIS DESK?!?!? SO UNRESPECTFUL! (in a really loud voice)

*sit on my table and now watch both time mages*

PeditS: well, given the nature of my spells, do I declare them here or via PM?

*pauses time but frost can still talk, move. ect.*
    PeditS: Ice mind if we move this to a PM?
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    lukeMj said:

*pauses time but frost can still talk, move. ect.*
    PeditS: Ice mind if we move this to a PM?

Will count as if it never has been said, As I've already mentioned you cannot stop time
    k
    #DoWhat'sImpossible
    Members:
    Lj(founder)
    Me(founder)
    Luke(founder)
    I just sit and watch, occasionally scribbling things.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.
    I go back to my seat and start examining my desk while pretending to pay atention to the class.

I also scold anyone that says I'm the killer again.

I grab a notebook and pen and start taking notes, I guess. That's what we're here for, right? I mean, besides not getting ourselves killed.

*whispering to riki *

*whispering to scribble *

@iceklaus all your spells are hidden actions therefore they shall be declared through PM
    Standard actions are activated on the main page and hidden actions on the PM's. Passive abilities trigger by themselves and you will be notified when it does.
    --------------------------------

@iceklaus You sit on the desk and rant about time mages with the time mages.

@lukeMj I will now suppose you are whispering to each other? I'd prefer if I were in the conversation since there IS spells which let people sneak in on conversations.

@Scribblium Ok.

@Vini Ok.

Axel seems to have found something interesting

Maire is supposed to be showing off a light spell in front of the class, but nohting happened. Lauren lights the torches again and scolds Maire for joking with the students.

Class dismissed! Everyone get to their dormitories.

The murderer may now declare their target
    Approach axel and ask about the object