Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Anyone use Sugar Frenzy?

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
"Activating this will double your CpS for 1 hour, at a cost of 1 sugar lump. May be used only once per ascension."

It's tempting. Certainly it's not worth my using it while I still have fewer than 100 unspent sugar lumps. SF gives a windfall equal to one hour's production. Keeping that lump instead of spending it on SF gives an extra 1% CpS, so after 100 hours it gives more cookies than SF - and most of my runs last well over 100 hours.

Once I have 100 sugar lumps stored up, it MAY be worth it. The next best use of sugar lumps is to level up buildings, the best one being the one for which the increased production divided by the number of lumps required for levelling up is a maximum. Levelling up one building gives a boost of much less than 1% of CpS because it's only one building; moreover the number of lumps required is proportional to the current level, so the break-even point becomes several hundred hours, or maybe in the thousands. At my current advanced stage of the game, my runs are approaching the 1000-hour point, however earlier runs were much shorter, so Sugar Frenzy would be worth it.

The question then becomes: is there a point at which it's worth cutting runs short so as to increase the frequency with which Sugar frenzy can be invoked? Calculations pending.

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    But levels persist after you ascend, so those "thousands of hours" really add up. I submit that at a certain point the CpS boost from the additional prestige you get from using Sugar Frenzy is going to be lower than the boost you get from leveling up a building, in the long run.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    ^^ You are right. I've been thinking about this and I came to the same conclusion. Levelling up a building only increases its production by 1%, and only for that particular building, but that increase lasts for all time - or for as long as you play the game. Moreover, the Wikia makes no mention of any maximum level for any building, implying that a building's production can be increased indefinitely by using sugar lumps to level up. Sugar Frenzy on the other hand gives a bonus of one hour's CpS, which can be thought of as spread over the total number of hours of a run, however many that may be, since it can only be invoked once per run. For a run of 100 hours, that would be the equivalent of a 1% increase in CpS over the lifetime of the run. Better to use the lumps to increase building CpS by 1%, then 2%, then 3% and so on.

It's now starting to annoy me that the Sugar Frenzy icon is sitting there in the store. I'd like to remove it, as I worry that I might click on it accidentally.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    The theoretical maximum on building levels would be the maximum size of whatever variable type is used to store building levels, but since that's probably at least 2^32, you'd be looking at needing 2^63 (or so) lumps to get even one building there.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

The theoretical maximum on building levels would be the maximum size of whatever variable type is used to store building levels, but since that's probably at least 2^32, you'd be looking at needing 2^63 (or so) lumps to get even one building there.

A bridge to be crossed when one comes to it, I would say. :)
  • AmelieAmelie Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Can confirm buildings can go over level level 128 at least. Also level 12 Farms give you 36 garden spaces in the beta right now; as the minigames are more developed I expect leveling buildings will gain more radical advantages. Though I realize that just makes saving up your sugar lumps even more tempting, so you can allocate them when you know what you're going to get.

(I may have accidentally set the clock on my computer forward several dozens of years to try and get all achievements.)