Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Idea, but I'm over-tired and this may not be any good...

MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
... A heavenly upgrade that allows you to put a block (I'm thinking at least ten, but maybe as many as fifty) of any building of your choice into a Permanent Upgrade slots. Starter Kit and Starter Kitchen on a grander scale, if you will.

Got possibilities, or do I just need to get some sleep?

Comments

• opsylonopsylon Member Posts: 64
    i think it is good, but they should get a separate prestige upgrade alot
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I don't see the need for a separate slot. There's a point in the late-mid to late game where the challenge of the game shifts to finding an optimal settings This would be one of those things -- Is it worth replacing anther upgrade with a block of buildings? which buildings?

Further thought on it after some sleep, I do think that there should be a requirement that the buildings you slot have to be buildings you still owned when you ascended. By that, I mean that you can't sell all your buildings, then still slot, say, 10 chancemakers. You have to ascend with those 10 chancemakers in your stock.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Ascending with 10 Chancemakers in stock is hardly a penalty at the point that I imagine this upgrade becomes available.
    edited March 22
    I'd like to see it put in as a mid-level option. A level where there's actually a question of whether the short term gain from selling those ten chancemakers outweighs the benefit of keeping them and using up one of your permanent upgrade slots on them. Or whether the upgrade slot is better used for something else.

Not an additional Permanent slot, but an addition option for the five that are already there. Part of the problem I see happening now is that Orteil is pretty much only adding at the highest end, but there's this long stretch in the mid-game that's just grinding.

I guess it's that I'm at a level now where playing the pure-math optimal game is , frankly, boring. I'm playing around now with doing things that give me a psychological result, even if it's maybe not the best strategy mathematically. I mean, let's face it, with 17 Billion Prestige points and 14 Billion available HCs for the next update, and a CPS that starts out in the quadrillions just from the Starter Kit and Starter Kitchen, getting more cookies is not a satisfying goal.

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

whether the short term gain from selling those ten chancemakers outweighs the benefit of keeping them and using up one of your permanent upgrade slots on them

Considering the price you pay for 10 CM is around 3 to 4 times the price you paid for all the other CM you already have (from anywhere between 10 and 390 CMs), I don't think giving up one PU slot is all that bad.
    You won't need more than 3 if all you want is getting to a point where you just let the game idle as soon as possible anyway.

And that's for 10 free buildings. 50 changes that to a few orders of magnitude.
    The way it is now, it would be a good idea with bad implementation.

edited March 23
    Vini said:

The way it is now, it would be a good idea with bad implementation.

That's kind of what I concluded. I'm not sure what it would take to make it work...

The reason I was thinking about the psychological aspect is because of the number of people who use a PU for Omelette, which is a short-term gain that stops paying off relatively early. This could be the same sort of thing -- a choice between something that feels good and something that has a lasting effect.
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    what if it was really really HC expensive and gave a "free +10" button to be used anytime during the run? no cap, just the prisioner's dilemma of when to do it.

PS: it may or may not be upgradeable to +20 and +30
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here
    Hmmmmm. That's a fun idea, too.