Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Level up reduces production multiplier

NaBUru38NaBUru38 Member Posts: 10
Two weeks ago, my production level suddenly dropped about 10%. I didn't accidentally sell buildings or anything, so I was confused.

Today I decided to level up the Wizard towers to level 9, and the production level dropped again.

I reloaded and saw that the production multiplier dropped about 10%. I tried to level up other buildings, and the multiplier also dropped by different values.

I thought that leveling up would increase production, not reduce it. I'm still confused! Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Comments

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the HU that increases you CpS based on Sugar Lump amount?

• NaBUru38NaBUru38 Member Posts: 10
    Oh, I have the Sugar Baking heavenly upgrade.

So now spending sugar lumps is worse than keeping them?
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Essentially, yes. Keeping them adds 1% to your total multiplier. Using them to level up a building adds 1% to that building, until you get to level 10 and get the achievement for that building, which adds to your total milk. The only way it might work out to level up is if you level up a building that has a lot of synergies attached to it, so that not only it, but other buildings increase as well, and I'm not sure which, if any are in that class. Mines might be...
    Essentially, yes. Keeping them adds 1% to your total multiplier. Using them to level up a building adds 1% to that building, until you get to level 10 and get the achievement for that building, which adds to your total milk. The only way it might work out to level up is if you level up a building that has a lot of synergies attached to it, so that not only it, but other buildings increase as well, and I'm not sure which, if any are in that class. Mines might be...
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind Sugar Baking caps at a 100% increase, or 100 Sugar Lumps, so it's only worse to spend them if it'd leave you with less than 100 SL.

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think it's worth it to spend them in service of reaching the Level 10 achievements, if only because milk is so powerful. Once I have all of those, I wouldn't spend sugar lumps unless I still had 100 of them after spending the lumps.
    I'm incrementing them up. Right now, I have four buildings to 10, 1 to level 4 and 1 to level 3, and all the rest at level 2. I'm keeping ten lumps at all times, and leveling up my buildings across the board as I can, so at 13 lumps, I'll level up another building to level 3. Once I have all the buildings to 3, I'll sit on the lumps until I have 15, then start spending again at 19, building by building till I have them all at least to level 4. And so on.

I don't know if this is mathematically optimal, but it's psychologically optimal for me.