Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Multiplier from kittens and/or cookies is wrong?

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
Either there is a bug or my calculations are in error - would like to know which.

I just started a new run and sold all buildings, hence production is zero. Game says my CpS multiplier is 34.45.

By my calculations it should be 32.20. The discrepancy is about 7%, enough to be annoying.

My 32.20 is calculated as follows:

(1) Cookie upgrades: none of these have yet been purchased, hence the only ones applying are the achievements Heavenly Cookies and Wrinklerspawn, each with a factor or 1.1, giving a nett multiplier of 1.21.

(2) Kittens:

Number of standard achievements is 307 (verified by manually counting)m giving milk of 1228.
Kitten Consultants and Kitten Assistants in permanent upgrade slots each give 20% boost per 1000 milk units, hence each gives a boost of 2.456 i.e. multiplies CpS by 3.456
Kitten Angels gives 10% per 1000 milk units -> boost of 1.228 -> factor of 2.228
3.456 * 3.456 * 2.223 = 26.611

There are no other multipliers current - no pantheon spirits, no prestige mult (since I don't have heavenly chip secret etc).

Nett multiplier should therefore be 26.611 * 1.21 = 32.20.

What am I doing wrong? Or is there a bug in the game? Anyone else done their own calculations?

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    OK, I believe I have solved the mystery. I forgot to take into account the Sugar Baking achievement, which since I had 7 unspent sugar lumps gave a 7% boost to CpS.

Question: Do these boosts stack with each ascension? I am guessing that they would not. That is, if I ascend once with 1 lump and the next time I ascend with two lumps, I would expect that at that point my boost is only 2% rather than just over 3% which is what it would be if all the boosts were "remembered",
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Not intentionally necroing, but I noticed your last question was unanswered. The sugar lump boost is for how many unspent sugar lumps you currently have, regardless of how many you've spent. It does not carry over from ascension to ascension.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

Not intentionally necroing, but I noticed your last question was unanswered. The sugar lump boost is for how many unspent sugar lumps you currently have, regardless of how many you've spent. It does not carry over from ascension to ascension.

Thanks, I have now figured that out. When I asked the question, I did not realise that the CpS boost occurs all the time, according to how many unspent lumps I have; I was thinking the boost only happened at the beginning of each run, according to how may lumps I had at the end of the previous run.