Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Lost V2

298569298569 Member Posts: 3
edited February 25 in Games
My first IGM game release, Lost
Currently has 10 buildings, 15 upgrades, 4 story achievements, and 2 progress achievements.
Advice and suggestions are welcomed.
I can't post links, so I have used the Pastebin codes:
Game: EWPVnRiE
Change log: 8u7TZZVx
Post edited by 298569 on

• goeddekgoeddek Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    First of all i really like your creative resource handling. I played all the way through to get a feeling for the game. It plays really nice and more balanced than i initially thought. The mixture of buildings which produce all different resources or use them makes for an interesting game play.

Of course you need more stuff, graphics, etc. But the start looks really promising :-)

Some minor critiques:

1) The display of the advanced resources with 0 is misleading, the numbers for all resources should be there, the produced ones too.

2) The mixture of updates and abilities (skills, productions?) is great, but you should divide visually between one time upgrade and clickable abilities (smelt etc).

I cannot wait for more :-)
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. (George Bernard Shaw)
  • 298569298569 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 19
    Sorry it took me this long to respond, but thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you like it as it is now.
    1: I am not really an artist, and that is why I used other sprites I found online, but I do plan on either finding or making more icons.
    2: I am not really sure what you mean by your first comment about the advanced resources, but I can add all of them to the resource area if that is what you meant. The reason that I originally did that was to lessen the amount of resources on screen because the bars were doing some strange things.
    3: I will try and find some way to distinguish between upgrades and activated productions. It will most likely be added in the next update.
    Thank you again for liking my game.
  • goeddekgoeddek Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    the problem with the version now is, that the display always shows "advanced resources: 0" and you have to hover the mouse over it to get the real count of the hidden resources ...
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. (George Bernard Shaw)
  • pinkydashpinkydash Member, Wiener Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the game but i have 1 major suggestion. Make stone easier to get at the beginning.
    "I'm lonely please help" - me

Goodbye - Pinkydash
  • 298569298569 Member Posts: 3
    Lost version 2 released! Added dynamic advanced resource text, new color signifiers for special and manual upgrades, added house and warehouse. Increased chance to get rocks from clicking. If I have more time I may release another minor update tomorrow.
  • FaythFayth Member Posts: 8
    Good game. I started it a week ago and really appreciate it.
    I think it would be great to add other Smelt buttons. Now it is only 1 or 5, and it is definitely not enough when the cost of the next upgrade for golem is 2 M ingots...