Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Many Heroes Battlegrounds (AKA Dashnet arena V2.0)

ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
edited February 17 in Playground
You are in the void, or are you? No you cannot be in the void, the void doesn't exist and therefore you wouldn't think this. That would be irrational! Where are you then? Well nowhere, for now. You are in the middle of limbo getting prepared for the next fight.
The gates will open in just a few minutes, the worlds will collide in the random arena you will all meet in. Soon you will hear the announcers voice;
....
....
[SUDDEN LOUD STATIC NOISE]
"Is this thing on?"
[muffled voices]
"Ok, well then."
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Many Heroes Battlegrounds!"

The gates open and the fight begins.


Find All pastebin stuff here!
Welcome! This is mainly a workshop to define how heroes from different fanbases/game universim would work in my fabolous system I made for "Dashnet arena!". The system works as follows;

Make a character, either your own or a copy of a hero/class/character type/protagonist from another game (antagonists and also allowed) using the sheets below. They can do anything they realistically physically can do AND use their user abilities and passive abilities.

CLASS SHEETS
The advanced one contains all possible things to enter while the simple one only includes the must-haves.
If you only use the simple version, Base stats and leveling will be decided by the template you choose as aspect instead which you can find at the pastebin link below

Advanced (with examples in quote marks "")

CLASS NAME: "Example Class"
BASE STATS: Physical: "5" Psychological: "5" Other: "5" Energy max standard: "10" (Algebraic names: Physical=PH Psychological=PS Other=OTH Energy max standard=ES)
(OTHER STATS:)"N/A"
ENERGY TYPE: "Example energy [EE1]: get one point of example energy per turn up to a maximum of [ES]. These can take on a physical form if the Example Class is using his passive."
(ENERGY TYPE 2:) "Example energy 2 [EE2]: Get One Example energy 2 every 3 turns up to a maximum of [3*ES]. Example energy 2 can take the form of 15 different elements aligned to 15 different letters as follows:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N or O"
PASSIVE ABILITIES: "Summon weapon: The Example Class Can use a specific amount of Example energy and a special Example energy 2 to create weapons:
EE1: 2|EE2: L : Sword Strength: [PS+OTH]
EE1: 1|EE2: C : Kama Strength: [PH+OTH]
EE1: 5|EE2: F : Rifle Strength [OTH*2] (Must be level 3 or higher)"
USER ABILITIES: "Throwing weapon: Summons a throwing weapon using Example energy. Costs 2 Example energy to use. Deals [OTH] dmage if it hits the intended target, then vanishes from thin air."
LEVEL UPS:
LVL1: Start here
"LVL2: +1 Other
LVL4: +5 Energy max standard
LVL5: +2 Physical
LVL8: +3 Psychological
LVL10: +2 Other +2 Physical +2 Psychological +5 Energy max standard"


Simple (without examples)

BASE STAT/LEVELING ASPECT: (Balance/Physical/Psychological/Other)
CLASS NAME:
ENERGY TYPE:
PASSIVE:
USER ABILITIES:

Note that all formulas are contained in [] brackets. The Base stats always have the same name, however you can add your own stats to these in the Other Stats section. All energy types must be explained so that anyone understands them.


If you wish to do so, you could choose to enter an arena with a randomized character using any class you choose. if other players or AI players enter the arena you are in they you will be able to fight eachother.

Let's start!
Post edited by Maniklas on

Comments

  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp. I would try and join this one, but this character/class sheet threw me off guard. Like, awfully close to one end of the Sliding Scale of Simplicity vs Complexity. Isn't there a way to make it more... I dunno, accessible? Or a more direct example of what we're supposed to do?

  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Gee, true.
    Might do something about it in the next 24 hours, check back tomorrow.

    EDIT: All done! There is now a simplified sheet without all the weird examples available
    Post edited by Maniklas on
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's more like it, even though it wasn't quite what I had in mind.
    Oh well, I reckon I can work with it.


    CLASS NAME: Sukima

    BASE STAT/LEVELING ASPECT: Psychological

    OTHER STATS: Fantasy (FN)

    ENERGY TYPE: Danmaku

    ENERGY TYPE 2: Gap


    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Bullet Curtain: Uses Danmaku to shoot energy based projectiles indiscriminately. May use Gap for additional effects, such as increased density or accuracy.

    Single Wave: One burst of bullets, fired at random. Deals [FN] damage to enemies hit.
    Danmaku: 2 | Gap: _

    Double Wave: Two bursts of bullets, fired at random. Deals [FN] damage to enemies hit on each wave.
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: A

    Quick Wave: Smaller burst, less bullets. Deals [2/3 FN (rounded down)] damage to enemies hit.
    Danmaku: 1 | Gap: B

    Focus Wave: Few bullets, directed at a single target. Deals [User's PS - Target's PS] damage.
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: C

    Dense Wave: Several slow moving bullets, fired at all directions. Deals [FN + PH] damage. Bullets persist for one additional turn if no enemy was damaged.
    Danmaku: 5 | Gap: C

    True Wave: Invisible burst of fast moving bullets. Deals [√(PS² + FN²)] damage. Has a 5-turn cooldown.
    Danmaku: 10 | Gap: _

    Sukima: Creates a portal for the user (and anyone brave enough to follow them) jump in. An exit portal appears soon after. Maximum distance from the first portal scales with user's PS.
    Danmaku: 0 | Gap: D



    USER ABILITIES: Spell Card: Begins a trance, preventing the use of passive abilities and pauses energy regeneration until trance ends. Trance will end prematurely if user doesn't have the required energy to maintain it.

    Aimless Journey to the Abandoned Station: Opens a portal to a new dimension, bringing a derelict train from it. Enemies run by train are knocked away and take [5 * PH] damage. Ability has a 5-turn cooldown.
    Duration: 1 turn
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: D

    Curse of Dreams and Reality: On the first turn, fires two large, slow moving bullets 90 degrees apart, each dealing [3 * PH] damage. On the second turn, the big bullets explode into smaller ones. The larger bullet closer to any enemy explodes into homing bullets. Smaller bullets deal [FN] damage.
    Duration: 2 turns
    Danmaku: 4 | Gap: A + C

    Balance of Motion and Stillness: On each turn, fires several small bullets behind the user, dealing [2/3 FN (rounded down)] damage and three larger bullets in the front, each dealing [(PS+FN) / 2 (rounded down)] damage. User can't move on the second and third turns.
    Duration: 4 turns
    Danmaku: 2 per turn | Gap: B (on the first and last turns)

    Mesh of Light and Darkness: Bathes the arena in red and blue light, shooting streams of red and blue bullets every turn. Enemies standing on one light take [User's PS * 2 - Target's (PS/PH, whichever is lower) * 1.5 (rounded down)] damage from the other-colored bullets.
    Duration: 3 turns
    Danmaku: 5 (+ 1 for every enemy hit) | Gap: 2 C + D
    (Hit cost increase is for each unique enemy, consumed at the end of the trance.)

    Boundary of Life and Death: On the first turn, fires two streams of small bullets, going opposite ways in a circular motion around the user. On each subsequent turn, user must consume one Gap subtype energy to create an additional effect. Each subtype can only be used once.
    A: Creates two more streams with slightly faster bullets.
    B: Fires one thin, easy to avoid stream of small bullets and lets the user move faster.
    C: Fires one stream of large, slow moving bullets that slowly increase in size as they travel.
    D: Increases overall bullet speed a little and fire rate moderately, making the whole bullet hell harder to avoid.
    All streams rotate around the user. Small bullets deal [FN] damage, large bullets deal [(PS + PH) / 2] damage.
    Duration: 5 turns
    Danmaku: 2 (+ 1/turn) per turn | Gap: (see description)
    (Danmaku cost goes 3>4>5>6>7)



    For the last two, I'm assuming we make up our own passive and active abilities. The Summon Weapon and Thrown Weapon admittedly left me a tad too confused.

    Oh, and while I'm at it, for Energy 2, we have to choose where to allocate the energy points we get the moment we receive them, or can we, say, get one point for any of 15 subtypes and only spend it when we actually use an ability that requires it?

    (Psst, in your Pastebin, both Stats Templates and ARENAS go to the same page.

  • SphealSpheal Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    CLASS NAME: Summoner
    BASE STATS: Physical: 2 Psychological: 7 Intelligence: 6 Energy max standard: 20 (Algebraic names: Physical=PH Psychological=PS Intelligence: INT Energy max standard=ES)
    OTHER STATS: Max Control (CTR): 2
    ENERGY TYPE: Mana [MAN]: get one point of Mana per turn per point of INT up to a maximum of [ES]. These are used for the Summoner's spells.
    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Summon familiar: The Summoner can use a specific amount of Max. Mana taken out of the maximum pool to summon a familiar.
    Mana Used: 25% of max Mana
    Notes: The familiar is decided upon the first summoning, it is the same level as the user and gives the user +1 to the familiar's highest stat
    USER ABILITIES: Summon Ally: The user picks a creature and summons it as his ally for Mana 5x the creature's level. The Total level of all creatures cannot exceed the Summoner's control limit
    Chaos Bolt: 4 Mana/Bolt, does random damage per bolt not exceeding PS*1.5 of a random element. Max number of bolts summoned is the Summoner's level
    Chaos Barrage: Level 8 passive ability, +2 to number of Chaos Bolts summoned per cast with no added cost
    Master of Chaos: Level 10 passive ability: Chaos Bolt minimum damage equal to INT, allows choice of Chaos Bolt element
    LEVEL UPS:
    Level 2: +1 INT, +1 CTR
    Level 3: +5 ES, +1 CTR
    Level 4: +1 All stats, +2 CTR
    Level 5: +1 PS, +1 CTR
    Level 6: +1 PH, +2 CTR
    Level 7: +1 INT, +1 PS
    Level 8: Chaos Barrage
    Level 9: +2 PS, +2 CTR
    Level 10: +2 all stats, Master of Chaos

    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    Vini said:

    Now that's more like it, even though it wasn't quite what I had in mind.
    Oh well, I reckon I can work with it.


    CLASS NAME: Sukima

    BASE STAT/LEVELING ASPECT: Psychological

    OTHER STATS: Fantasy (FN)

    ENERGY TYPE: Danmaku

    ENERGY TYPE 2: Gap


    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Bullet Curtain: Uses Danmaku to shoot energy based projectiles indiscriminately. May use Gap for additional effects, such as increased density or accuracy.

    Single Wave: One burst of bullets, fired at random. Deals [FN] damage to enemies hit.
    Danmaku: 2 | Gap: _

    Double Wave: Two bursts of bullets, fired at random. Deals [FN] damage to enemies hit on each wave.
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: A

    Quick Wave: Smaller burst, less bullets. Deals [2/3 FN (rounded down)] damage to enemies hit.
    Danmaku: 1 | Gap: B

    Focus Wave: Few bullets, directed at a single target. Deals [User's PS - Target's PS] damage.
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: C

    Dense Wave: Several slow moving bullets, fired at all directions. Deals [FN + PH] damage. Bullets persist for one additional turn if no enemy was damaged.
    Danmaku: 5 | Gap: C

    True Wave: Invisible burst of fast moving bullets. Deals [√(PS² + FN²)] damage. Has a 5-turn cooldown.
    Danmaku: 10 | Gap: _

    Sukima: Creates a portal for the user (and anyone brave enough to follow them) jump in. An exit portal appears soon after. Maximum distance from the first portal scales with user's PS.
    Danmaku: 0 | Gap: D



    USER ABILITIES: Spell Card: Begins a trance, preventing the use of passive abilities and pauses energy regeneration until trance ends. Trance will end prematurely if user doesn't have the required energy to maintain it.

    Aimless Journey to the Abandoned Station: Opens a portal to a new dimension, bringing a derelict train from it. Enemies run by train are knocked away and take [5 * PH] damage. Ability has a 5-turn cooldown.
    Duration: 1 turn
    Danmaku: 3 | Gap: D

    Curse of Dreams and Reality: On the first turn, fires two large, slow moving bullets 90 degrees apart, each dealing [3 * PH] damage. On the second turn, the big bullets explode into smaller ones. The larger bullet closer to any enemy explodes into homing bullets. Smaller bullets deal [FN] damage.
    Duration: 2 turns
    Danmaku: 4 | Gap: A + C

    Balance of Motion and Stillness: On each turn, fires several small bullets behind the user, dealing [2/3 FN (rounded down)] damage and three larger bullets in the front, each dealing [(PS+FN) / 2 (rounded down)] damage. User can't move on the second and third turns.
    Duration: 4 turns
    Danmaku: 2 per turn | Gap: B (on the first and last turns)

    Mesh of Light and Darkness: Bathes the arena in red and blue light, shooting streams of red and blue bullets every turn. Enemies standing on one light take [User's PS * 2 - Target's (PS/PH, whichever is lower) * 1.5 (rounded down)] damage from the other-colored bullets.
    Duration: 3 turns
    Danmaku: 5 (+ 1 for every enemy hit) | Gap: 2 C + D
    (Hit cost increase is for each unique enemy, consumed at the end of the trance.)

    Boundary of Life and Death: On the first turn, fires two streams of small bullets, going opposite ways in a circular motion around the user. On each subsequent turn, user must consume one Gap subtype energy to create an additional effect. Each subtype can only be used once.
    A: Creates two more streams with slightly faster bullets.
    B: Fires one thin, easy to avoid stream of small bullets and lets the user move faster.
    C: Fires one stream of large, slow moving bullets that slowly increase in size as they travel.
    D: Increases overall bullet speed a little and fire rate moderately, making the whole bullet hell harder to avoid.
    All streams rotate around the user. Small bullets deal [FN] damage, large bullets deal [(PS + PH) / 2] damage.
    Duration: 5 turns
    Danmaku: 2 (+ 1/turn) per turn | Gap: (see description)
    (Danmaku cost goes 3>4>5>6>7)



    For the last two, I'm assuming we make up our own passive and active abilities. The Summon Weapon and Thrown Weapon admittedly left me a tad too confused.

    Oh, and while I'm at it, for Energy 2, we have to choose where to allocate the energy points we get the moment we receive them, or can we, say, get one point for any of 15 subtypes and only spend it when we actually use an ability that requires it?

    (Psst, in your Pastebin, both Stats Templates and ARENAS go to the same page.
    Will be accepted as soon as you bring a proper explanation of the energy types.

    The energy 2 thing was an example, you don't have to use it and even less the way I used it in my example.
    Nothing is predetermined so mix it up however you want. The only thiing you have to include is the main blocks:
    ///
    BASE STAT/LEVELING ASPECT: (Balance/Physical/Psychological/Other) or BASE STATS and LEVEL UP
    optionally OTHER STATS
    CLASS NAME:
    ENERGY TYPE:
    optionally ENERGY TYPE 2:
    PASSIVE(s):
    USER ABILITIES:
    ///
    Thanks for the headsup about the pastebin though, should be fixed now
    Spheal said:

    CLASS NAME: Summoner
    BASE STATS: Physical: 2 Psychological: 7 Intelligence: 6 Energy max standard: 20 (Algebraic names: Physical=PH Psychological=PS Intelligence: INT Energy max standard=ES)
    OTHER STATS: Max Control (CTR): 2
    ENERGY TYPE: Mana [MAN]: get one point of Mana per turn per point of INT up to a maximum of [ES]. These are used for the Summoner's spells.
    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Summon familiar: The Summoner can use a specific amount of Max. Mana taken out of the maximum pool to summon a familiar.
    Mana Used: 25% of max Mana
    Notes: The familiar is decided upon the first summoning, it is the same level as the user and gives the user +1 to the familiar's highest stat
    USER ABILITIES: Summon Ally: The user picks a creature and summons it as his ally for Mana 5x the creature's level. The Total level of all creatures cannot exceed the Summoner's control limit
    Chaos Bolt: 4 Mana/Bolt, does random damage per bolt not exceeding PS*1.5 of a random element. Max number of bolts summoned is the Summoner's level
    Chaos Barrage: Level 8 passive ability, +2 to number of Chaos Bolts summoned per cast with no added cost
    Master of Chaos: Level 10 passive ability: Chaos Bolt minimum damage equal to INT, allows choice of Chaos Bolt element
    LEVEL UPS:
    Level 2: +1 INT, +1 CTR
    Level 3: +5 ES, +1 CTR
    Level 4: +1 All stats, +2 CTR
    Level 5: +1 PS, +1 CTR
    Level 6: +1 PH, +2 CTR
    Level 7: +1 INT, +1 PS
    Level 8: Chaos Barrage
    Level 9: +2 PS, +2 CTR
    Level 10: +2 all stats, Master of Chaos


    Accepted, however move Intelligence to OTHER STATS since it isn't one of the original 3 stats.
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought we HAD to choose from the templates.

    So, assuming what's missing is explaining the Base Stats, Growths by level-up and Energy:


    CLASS NAME: (Doesn't change)

    OTHER STATS: (Doesn't change)

    BASE STATS:
    10 Energy max standard (ES)
    3 Physical (PH)
    6 Psychological (PS)
    6 Fantasy (FN)

    LEVELING ASPECT:
    LVL1: Unlocks most Bullet Curtain and Spell Card abilities
    LVL2: +2 Fantasy
    LVL3: Unlocks Bullet Curtain: True Wave
    LVL4: +5 Energy max Standard, +1 Physical
    LVL5: +2 Psychological
    LVL6: Unlocks Spell Card: Mesh of Light and Darkness
    LVL7: +2 Fantasy
    LVL8: +2 Psychological, +2 Fantasy
    LVL9: Unlocks Spell Card: Boundary of Life and Death
    LVL10: +1 All Stats, +5 Energy max Standard
    (Assuming "+ all stats" doesn't increase ES)

    ENERGY TYPE: Danmaku (DM)
    Get 1 point of Danmaku per turn, plus [FN/3 (rounded up)] if user hasn't used any abilities on the last turn, up to [ES]. If user starts turn with maxed out Danmaku, user may consume [ES / 10 (rounded up)] Danmaku to make one Gap point.

    ENERGY TYPE 2: Gap (GAP)
    Has four independent Energy Pools: A, B, C, D. Each has a maximum of [ES / 4 (rounded up)].
    Every two turns, user gets one Gap point, which must be immediately allocated into one of the four pools. Successfully killing an enemy gives [ES / 10 (rounded up)] Gap points to all pools.

    PASSIVE ABILITIES: (Doesn't change, except for level restrictions)
    (But now that I look at them, it doesn't look all that passive to me. Hope that ain't a problem.)

    USER ABILITIES:(Doesn't change, except for level restrictions)

  • SphealSpheal Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    CLASS NAME: Summoner
    BASE STATS: Physical: 2 Psychological: 7 Energy max standard: 20 (Algebraic names: Physical=PH Psychological=PS Energy max standard=ES)
    OTHER STATS: Max Control (CTR): 2 Intelligence(INT): 6
    ENERGY TYPE: Mana [MAN]: get one point of Mana per turn per point of INT up to a maximum of [ES]. These are used for the Summoner's spells.
    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Summon familiar: The Summoner can use a specific amount of Max. Mana taken out of the maximum pool to summon a familiar.
    Mana Used: 25% of max Mana
    Notes: The familiar is decided upon the first summoning, it is the same level as the user and gives the user +1 to the familiar's highest stat
    USER ABILITIES: Summon Ally: The user picks a creature and summons it as his ally for Mana 5x the creature's level. The Total level of all creatures cannot exceed the Summoner's control limit
    Chaos Bolt: 4 Mana/Bolt, does random damage per bolt not exceeding PS*1.5 of a random element. Max number of bolts summoned is the Summoner's level
    Chaos Barrage: Level 8 passive ability, +2 to number of Chaos Bolts summoned per cast with no added cost
    Master of Chaos: Level 10 passive ability: Chaos Bolt minimum damage equal to INT, allows choice of Chaos Bolt element
    LEVEL UPS:
    Level 2: +1 INT, +1 CTR
    Level 3: +5 ES, +1 CTR
    Level 4: +1 All stats, +2 CTR
    Level 5: +1 PS, +1 CTR
    Level 6: +1 PH, +2 CTR
    Level 7: +1 INT, +1 PS
    Level 8: Chaos Barrage
    Level 9: +2 PS, +2 CTR
    Level 10: +2 all stats, Master of Chaos
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    Vini said:

    Oh, I thought we HAD to choose from the templates.

    So, assuming what's missing is explaining the Base Stats, Growths by level-up and Energy:


    CLASS NAME: (Doesn't change)

    OTHER STATS: (Doesn't change)

    BASE STATS:
    10 Energy max standard (ES)
    3 Physical (PH)
    6 Psychological (PS)
    6 Fantasy (FN)

    LEVELING ASPECT:
    LVL1: Unlocks most Bullet Curtain and Spell Card abilities
    LVL2: +2 Fantasy
    LVL3: Unlocks Bullet Curtain: True Wave
    LVL4: +5 Energy max Standard, +1 Physical
    LVL5: +2 Psychological
    LVL6: Unlocks Spell Card: Mesh of Light and Darkness
    LVL7: +2 Fantasy
    LVL8: +2 Psychological, +2 Fantasy
    LVL9: Unlocks Spell Card: Boundary of Life and Death
    LVL10: +1 All Stats, +5 Energy max Standard
    (Assuming "+ all stats" doesn't increase ES)

    ENERGY TYPE: Danmaku (DM)
    Get 1 point of Danmaku per turn, plus [FN/3 (rounded up)] if user hasn't used any abilities on the last turn, up to [ES]. If user starts turn with maxed out Danmaku, user may consume [ES / 10 (rounded up)] Danmaku to make one Gap point.

    ENERGY TYPE 2: Gap (GAP)
    Has four independent Energy Pools: A, B, C, D. Each has a maximum of [ES / 4 (rounded up)].
    Every two turns, user gets one Gap point, which must be immediately allocated into one of the four pools. Successfully killing an enemy gives [ES / 10 (rounded up)] Gap points to all pools.

    PASSIVE ABILITIES: (Doesn't change, except for level restrictions)
    (But now that I look at them, it doesn't look all that passive to me. Hope that ain't a problem.)

    USER ABILITIES:(Doesn't change, except for level restrictions)
    Spheal said:

    CLASS NAME: Summoner
    BASE STATS: Physical: 2 Psychological: 7 Energy max standard: 20 (Algebraic names: Physical=PH Psychological=PS Energy max standard=ES)
    OTHER STATS: Max Control (CTR): 2 Intelligence(INT): 6
    ENERGY TYPE: Mana [MAN]: get one point of Mana per turn per point of INT up to a maximum of [ES]. These are used for the Summoner's spells.
    PASSIVE ABILITIES: Summon familiar: The Summoner can use a specific amount of Max. Mana taken out of the maximum pool to summon a familiar.
    Mana Used: 25% of max Mana
    Notes: The familiar is decided upon the first summoning, it is the same level as the user and gives the user +1 to the familiar's highest stat
    USER ABILITIES: Summon Ally: The user picks a creature and summons it as his ally for Mana 5x the creature's level. The Total level of all creatures cannot exceed the Summoner's control limit
    Chaos Bolt: 4 Mana/Bolt, does random damage per bolt not exceeding PS*1.5 of a random element. Max number of bolts summoned is the Summoner's level
    Chaos Barrage: Level 8 passive ability, +2 to number of Chaos Bolts summoned per cast with no added cost
    Master of Chaos: Level 10 passive ability: Chaos Bolt minimum damage equal to INT, allows choice of Chaos Bolt element
    LEVEL UPS:
    Level 2: +1 INT, +1 CTR
    Level 3: +5 ES, +1 CTR
    Level 4: +1 All stats, +2 CTR
    Level 5: +1 PS, +1 CTR
    Level 6: +1 PH, +2 CTR
    Level 7: +1 INT, +1 PS
    Level 8: Chaos Barrage
    Level 9: +2 PS, +2 CTR
    Level 10: +2 all stats, Master of Chaos
    Accepted both of them.

    I'll probably work something up soon.....

  • SphealSpheal Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    What do we do now?
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, is there a limit to how many classes one user can submit? Just asking, because I don't think I have enough creativity for a new one. (Not that my entry was very original to begin with.) But I might!

  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    @Spheal Make another, join an arena, wait for new players...
    AI players do exist (in other words players controlled by me controlled from a hidden protocool that I'm still generating)

    @Vini No limits
    They don't gotta be original, that's the biggest difference from the last game.

    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm working on a MTG related class
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, okay then. I think Imma give this another shot.

    Also, any chance we could rebalance our entries later on? Since I don't know how the fights are supposed to happen, I just went with whatever felt right, but the numbers could be a little too small. Or big. And that includes whether battles are free-for-all, grid-based, or something else, whether there are lesser enemies to fight, how many people can be in an arena at once...
    Wow, balancing this might be more complicated than I thought.

    Anyways!

    CLASS NAME: Wayfarer

    OTHER STATS: Momentum (MN)

    BASE STATS:
    12 Energy max standard (ES)
    5 Physical (PH)
    2 Psychological (PS)
    6 Momentum (MN)

    LEVELING ASPECT:
    LVL2: +1 Momentum
    LVL3: +1 Physical, +1 Momentum
    LVL4: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks Pocket Knife: Steel
    LVL5: +1 Psychological, +1 Momentum
    LVL6: +2 Momentum
    LVL7: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks Perpetual Motion: Tachyon
    LVL8: +2 Physical, +1 Momentum
    LVL9: +2 All Stats
    LVL10: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks At the Edge of Speed: Broadsword

    ENERGY TYPE: Tacho (TC)
    If user has successfully increased their speed with Perpetual Motion on the last turn, they get up to [MN / 3 (rounded down)] points of Tacho, capped at [ES / 2 (rounded down)]. Otherwise, user gains 1 point. Tacho is capped at [ES].
    If user is at max Tacho and at tier 3 or 4 of Perpetual Motion, they may consume Tacho to increase their Momentum until Perpetual Motion ends, at a ratio of 3 TC per MN.

    PASSIVE ABILITIES:
    Perpetual Motion: Uses Tacho to increase user's speed, divided in four tiers:
    Mach 1: Cost: 4 Tacho; Speed: [MN + 1] m/s; Duration: 6 turns.
    Hermes: Cost: 6 Tacho; Speed: [(MN + 1) * 2] m/s; Duration: 5 turns.
    Comet: Cost: 10 Tacho; Speed: [MN * 3] m/s; Duration: 3 turns.
    Tachyon: Cost: [10 + MN / 2 (rounded down)] Tacho; Speed: [(MN - [number of times Tachyon was refreshed]) * 5] m/s; Duration: 2 turns.
    Each tier has a set duration, which must be either refreshed or upgraded before the end of the turn. Failing to maintain Perpetual Motion puts it in a 3-turn cooldown.

    Pocket Knife:
    As long as they have no weapons and one free hand, user can summon a small knife, hidden somewhere on their body. Summoning knife costs [PH] Tacho, and it can be made out of three different materials.
    Wood: Deals [PH + 2] damage; Durability: [PS * 2] attacks; No transformation penalty.
    Glass: Deals [PH * 1.5 (rounded down)] damage; Durability: [PS] attacks; 1-turn transformation penalty.
    Steel: Deals [PH * 2.5 (rounded up)] damage; Durability: [PS * 2 + 2] attacks; 2-turn transformation penalty.

    USER ABILITIES:
    At the Edge of Speed: User can evolve their Pocket Knife based on their current Perpetual Motion speed. Doesn't refresh durability. Glass and Steel take longer to evolve.
    Sai: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 4 (rounded up)]; increases range by 25%; may disarm enemy.
    Scimitar: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 3 (rounded up)]; increases range by 50%; 5% chance to crit.
    Scythe: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 2 (rounded up)]; increases range by 200%; 33% chance of cutting through light armor.
    Broadsword: Increases damage by [PH + MN]; increases range by 400%; evolving into Broadsword forces user back to Mach 1, but allows the use of Afterimage Cleave at no cost right after transformation.

    Afterimage Cleave:
    User must be at tier 3 or 4 of Perpetual Motion to use this ability. Costs [MN] Tacho. Deals [MN * 5] damage. Refreshes Perpetual Motion duration if user hits an enemy, but forces user back to Mach 1.

  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    Vini said:

    Well, okay then. I think Imma give this another shot.

    Also, any chance we could rebalance our entries later on? Since I don't know how the fights are supposed to happen, I just went with whatever felt right, but the numbers could be a little too small. Or big. And that includes whether battles are free-for-all, grid-based, or something else, whether there are lesser enemies to fight, how many people can be in an arena at once...
    Wow, balancing this might be more complicated than I thought.

    Anyways!

    CLASS NAME: Wayfarer

    OTHER STATS: Momentum (MN)

    BASE STATS:
    12 Energy max standard (ES)
    5 Physical (PH)
    2 Psychological (PS)
    6 Momentum (MN)

    LEVELING ASPECT:
    LVL2: +1 Momentum
    LVL3: +1 Physical, +1 Momentum
    LVL4: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks Pocket Knife: Steel
    LVL5: +1 Psychological, +1 Momentum
    LVL6: +2 Momentum
    LVL7: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks Perpetual Motion: Tachyon
    LVL8: +2 Physical, +1 Momentum
    LVL9: +2 All Stats
    LVL10: +6 Energy max Standard, Unlocks At the Edge of Speed: Broadsword

    ENERGY TYPE: Tacho (TC)
    If user has successfully increased their speed with Perpetual Motion on the last turn, they get up to [MN / 3 (rounded down)] points of Tacho, capped at [ES / 2 (rounded down)]. Otherwise, user gains 1 point. Tacho is capped at [ES].
    If user is at max Tacho and at tier 3 or 4 of Perpetual Motion, they may consume Tacho to increase their Momentum until Perpetual Motion ends, at a ratio of 3 TC per MN.

    PASSIVE ABILITIES:
    Perpetual Motion: Uses Tacho to increase user's speed, divided in four tiers:
    Mach 1: Cost: 4 Tacho; Speed: [MN + 1] m/s; Duration: 6 turns.
    Hermes: Cost: 6 Tacho; Speed: [(MN + 1) * 2] m/s; Duration: 5 turns.
    Comet: Cost: 10 Tacho; Speed: [MN * 3] m/s; Duration: 3 turns.
    Tachyon: Cost: [10 + MN / 2 (rounded down)] Tacho; Speed: [(MN - [number of times Tachyon was refreshed]) * 5] m/s; Duration: 2 turns.
    Each tier has a set duration, which must be either refreshed or upgraded before the end of the turn. Failing to maintain Perpetual Motion puts it in a 3-turn cooldown.

    Pocket Knife:
    As long as they have no weapons and one free hand, user can summon a small knife, hidden somewhere on their body. Summoning knife costs [PH] Tacho, and it can be made out of three different materials.
    Wood: Deals [PH + 2] damage; Durability: [PS * 2] attacks; No transformation penalty.
    Glass: Deals [PH * 1.5 (rounded down)] damage; Durability: [PS] attacks; 1-turn transformation penalty.
    Steel: Deals [PH * 2.5 (rounded up)] damage; Durability: [PS * 2 + 2] attacks; 2-turn transformation penalty.

    USER ABILITIES:
    At the Edge of Speed: User can evolve their Pocket Knife based on their current Perpetual Motion speed. Doesn't refresh durability. Glass and Steel take longer to evolve.
    Sai: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 4 (rounded up)]; increases range by 25%; may disarm enemy.
    Scimitar: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 3 (rounded up)]; increases range by 50%; 5% chance to crit.
    Scythe: Increases damage by [(PH + MN) / 2 (rounded up)]; increases range by 200%; 33% chance of cutting through light armor.
    Broadsword: Increases damage by [PH + MN]; increases range by 400%; evolving into Broadsword forces user back to Mach 1, but allows the use of Afterimage Cleave at no cost right after transformation.

    Afterimage Cleave:
    User must be at tier 3 or 4 of Perpetual Motion to use this ability. Costs [MN] Tacho. Deals [MN * 5] damage. Refreshes Perpetual Motion duration if user hits an enemy, but forces user back to Mach 1.

    Might be accepted?

    The passives aren't passive, you can't forcefully replace it with an active ability, I let you off the hook last time.
    Could you move them to user abilities? If you so have to maybe remove passives entirely?

    Then I believe I will tweak the knife materials when you post your new version.

    ------------------------------

    And yes you will be able to tweak your classes later on.


    New class almost ready for release
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maniklas said:

    Then I believe I will tweak the knife materials when you post your new version.

    Sure. I added materials on a whim because I thought it could be too weak or too strong without it, but you're the GM, you know how this stuff should be.
    Maniklas said:

    The passives aren't passive, you can't forcefully replace it with an active ability

    And okay, yeah, this is what I feared would happen.
    What, exactly, is the difference between Passive Ability and User Ability?

    Your example goes as: "Summon Weapon", a Passive, and "Throwing Weapon", (what I assume would be) an Active.
    Is it that Passives can't be directly used as attacks? Does it have something to do with Energy use?
    I can change whatever needs changing, no problem, but I gotta understand what needs to.

  • ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭
    @Vini

    The passive thing was really a bad example honestly, what I meant with that was that the class could shape the energy into things as passive. So yeah, misses were made by me ;-(

    Passive could be literally passive, or something constantly active; for example shaping stuff.
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maniklas said:

    Passive could be literally passive, or something constantly active; for example shaping stuff.

    Hey, I can work with that!
    Yeah, okay, so the changes on both Sukima and Wayfarer.


    Sukima

    LEVELING ASPECT:

    *Level 1 is pretty redundant. I just put it there because I felt like it, but really, it's not adding anything useful.

    Other than removing that, I don't think the level-up growths need changing. Only playing the class will tell.

    ENERGY:

    *Simple change, big difference. "Get 1 point of Danmaku per turn, plus [FN/3 (rounded up)] if user hasn't used any User Abilities on the last turn."

    PASSIVE:

    *Sukima: If user is targeted by an attack, there is a [PS * 2 + 3]% chance that they will automatically create a portal and jump in, evading the attack entirely. Exit portal appears right after the attack ends, exactly where the entrance was created. Can't happen more than once per turn. Costs 1 Gap point of D subtype.

    {NEW} *Summit of the Purple Gate: If user has at least [ES / 2 (rounded up)] Danmaku and approaches an enemy, they shoot out a barrage of needles. Functions like a mix of Single Wave and Focus Wave, shooting randomly but concentrating most needles at target. Deals [(PH + FN) / 2 (rounded down)] damage. Costs 3 Danmaku.

    ACTIVE:

    *Another simple change. Spell Card: Begins a trance, preventing the use of other abilities and pauses energy regeneration until trance ends.

    *Move all Bullet Curtain (the "_ Wave" attacks) from Passive Abilities to User Abilities, so User Abilities will have two categories. Everything else still acts the same.


    Wayfarer

    ENERGY:

    *Updated: If user has successfully upgraded Perpetual Motion on the last turn, they get up to [MN / 2 (rounded up)] points of Tacho, capped at [(2/3) * ES (rounded down)]. Otherwise, user gains 1 point. Tacho is capped at [ES].

    *Removed: If user is at max Tacho and at tier 3 or 4 of Perpetual Motion, they may consume Tacho to increase their Momentum until Perpetual Motion ends, at a ratio of 3 TC per MN.

    PASSIVE:

    *Pocket Knife: If user has at least [PH * 2] Tacho and no weapon, they automatically summon a Pocket Knife. Costs [PH] Tacho, deals 1 more damage than normal attacks and has a durability of [PS * 3] attacks.
    (Might as well get rid of Materials altogether, but feel free to add your own version if you think it's needed.)

    *Move At the Edge of Speed to Passive Abilities. Updated:
    At the Edge of Speed: If user has their Pocket Knife when using Perpetual Motion, the Knife evolves. Each tier corresponds to one of the following 4 weapons, respectively:
    Sai, Scimitar, Scythe, Broadsword. (If user has access to Tachyon but not Broadsword, they get the Scythe.)
    Weapon stats and effects remain the same.

    ACTIVE:

    *Move Perpetual Motion to User Abilities. Updated:
    Perpetual Motion: Uses Tacho to increase user's Momentum. Doesn't stack. Has four tiers:
    Mach 1: Cost: 4 Tacho; +2 MN; Duration: 6 turns.
    Hermes: Cost: 6 Tacho; +3 MN; Duration: 5 turns.
    Comet: Cost: 10 Tacho; +6 MN; Duration: 3 turns.
    Tachyon: Cost: [11 + (number of times Tachyon was refreshed)] Tacho; +10 MN; Duration: 2 turns.
    Duration starts counting down the turn it is used. (Example: Comet lasts for the turn it is used, one more, and ends at the end of the turn after that.)
    Perpetual Motion must be either refreshed or upgraded before the end of the turn. Failing to do so puts it in a 3-turn cooldown.

    If you asked me, I'd say I think I did a pretty nice job. Or so I hope.
    If you need me to put all the changes together with the old version all in one post, just let me know.

Sign In or Register to comment.