Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Small syntax error in cookie clicker

TheLostFilthTheLostFilth Member Posts: 1
edited February 11 in Bug Reports
The "Adamantium mouse" upgrade has a syntax error in the "short syterical description" section of the information box that pops up when you hover your mouse over it. It says "You could cut diamond with these", in which the word "diamond" should be plural if you are going to use the plural version of the word "this", which is "these".

Comments

• erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I would prefer either "You could cut diamonds with these" or "You could cut a diamond with these"; this has nothing to do with the fact that "these" is plural since "these" doesn't refer to "diamond" but to the mice instead.
    But since I'm no expert on the English language, I don't know if the original sentence in Cookie Clicker is correct or not.
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baiscally what erdbeere said. Judging from the info on the wiki...

And, just to be sure, Cookie Clicker itself...

I would assume Orteil has just forgotten the 's' on "diamonds".
    That, or it's a typo. But that's not what typos are, unlike the first word on this post, and I'd rather believe it's a reference of when I tried to drill late @diamond655's head.

RIP in pieces.

Oh, but it's most likely just a mistake of His.

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    this isn’t even a syntax error. Just a grammatical error that isn’t really cared about.
    cease your tomfoolery

• BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,270 Mod
    Diamond is a material. You would say "This chainsaw can cut through titanium, and even diamond."
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154