Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I need help for some aspects of the creation like the thingKey things

SylsanSylsan Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited February 6 in Developer's Lounge
Hello i've starte a idle game just for fun but i don't understand some things i wanna use.

First is how to show the resourcs amounts in the text file.
These:

(thingKey)
In an expression, returns the resource's current amount.
(thingKey:earned)
In an expression, returns the resource's total earned amount (this goes up with gains, but does not go down with losses).
(thingKey:ps)
In an expression, returns how much the resource is gaining (or losing) per second.
(Note : only gains and losses that happen in an on tick effect block count towards this number.)

Next, i don't know where to host my images so they appear in my game? can they be on my computer? i don't get it.

To add the stats to the screen what should i do?

Last, i would like to create a shiny like the frenzy thing but i didn't see an example anywhere so if someone know how this works, thanks :)

I have the default layout and the dfault CSS sheet from the bunny game

Thanks to everyone who can help me!

Comments

• SylsanSylsan Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I managed to figure out the :ps and :earned commands with the "thingkey" code.

I'm still wondering how i should incorporate my icons so i don't need to upload them one by one on a hosting site?

same for the shiny, and i haven't tried to put the stats again since my first post, as i did a lot of other improvements.

do people still come over here? lol
  • beeCandlesbeeCandles Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited February 10
    Sylsan said:

I'm still wondering how i should incorporate my icons so i don't need to upload them one by one on a hosting site?

this is incorporated as a spritesheet, which looks like a bunch of small images compiled in an array which can be taken individually and used as an icon. a good way to see this demonstrated would probably be to google it, since i can't link things.

to incorporate a spritesheet, you need to add it under your SETTINGS section in this format:

spritesheet:(SPRITESHEET NAME), (WIDTH IN PIXELS) by (HEIGHT IN PIXELS), (DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE)

most games use 48x48 for icons.

it's important to use a direct link to your image because otherwise IGM can't use it. you'll know if it's the direct link if it ends in .png or some other filetype; the direct link of an image can be obtained by right clicking on it and clicking "copy image location"
    Sylsan said:

Last, i would like to create a shiny like the frenzy thing but i didn't see an example anywhere so if someone know how this works, thanks :)

shinies have their own section in the handbook. if you're looking for how to create the effects, however, you'll need to look in the effects/expressions sections.

if you're looking to make the frenzy effect in particular, that'd look like this, i think:
    Shinies *exampleshiny // insert all the other shiny info here on click: toast Your production has been multiplied by 7 for 77 seconds! yield 77 duration end Resources *duration hidden on tick:if (duration>0)multiply yield of tag:building by 7 on tick:yield -1 duration
    of course, you can use the code in a lot of ways to make various effects. the reason why i used "duration" here is because i really couldnt figure out how else to make a time duration for the shiny
    im a simple bee that does simple things, like regurgitating honey into the mouths of my young
  • morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited February 10
    Sylsan said:

if you're looking to make the frenzy effect in particular, that'd look like this, i think:
    Shinies *exampleshiny // insert all the other shiny info here on click: toast Your production has been multiplied by 7 for 77 seconds! yield 77 duration end Resources *duration hidden on tick:if (duration>0) multiply yield of tag:building by 7 on tick:yield -1 duration
    of course, you can use the code in a lot of ways to make various effects. the reason why i used "duration" here is because i really couldnt figure out how else to make a time duration for the shiny

I believe that would multiply production by duration*7 and yield -duration duration every second
    To multiply production by 7 and yield -1 duration per second, an upgrade that the player starts with could have all that information instead of the resource itself.

• beeCandlesbeeCandles Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

I believe that would multiply production by duration*7 and yield -duration duration every second
    To multiply production by 7 and yield -1 duration per second, an upgrade that the player starts with could have all that information instead of the resource itself.

actually, i just went and tested this with a modified bunnyclicker, and it works just fine with the code being under the actual resource.

the link is at orteil.dashnet.org/igm/index.html?g=6EiEftmA if you wanna see, keep in mind for testing purposes the shiny bunnies show up a LOT more often.

one thing i DID forget to mention, however, is that it's probably a good idea to add a template so all of your buildings are, in fact, tagged under "building".

Buildings *TEMPLATE tag:building
    im a simple bee that does simple things, like regurgitating honey into the mouths of my young
  • SylsanSylsan Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited February 12
    thanks a lot guys!

I thought i would have to figure it all out by myself hahaha

Is it possible to give a strict number of ressources by clicking the main button? i want to give only 1 of a ressource with clicks but it's boosted by the upgrades and it yields too many at once.
    Post edited by Sylsan on