Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

So what about forum games

ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭
edited February 5 in Off Topic
The last few weeks forum games has been created and died very often very swiftly, this is, in my opinion, a problem.
The only one which have really stayed alive properly is the hexadecimal counting thread.

We are losing active members too fast compared to the amount of newcomers. Me myself have been shifting back and forth between activity and inactivity and sooner or later I'll barely even exist.

So back to forum games, I suggest we create a bigger variation of different forum games to attract more newbs to the most active section and perhaps ocasionally make links to off topic posts somehow. This would help grow the population of the forum greatly.
A good idea is also not being so picky with necrobumps, if we are too picky we might scare away the newest users from our forum.

I am thinking of making a new forum game to, something in style of dashnet arena but instead of making our own classes, we base them off of different characters and fandoms.
I will start a forum game depending on the answers to the poll below
Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
The world may never know
"You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
"Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
""""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

So what about forum games 7 votes

Yes we gotta do something about the forum dying slowly. I don't care what you are about to do in forum games Maniklas.
42%
tommo1993Lefianiceklaus 3 votes
No it's alright the forum will survive, just give it time. I don't care what you are about to do in forum games Maniklas.
0%
Yes we gotta do something about the forum dying slowly. Make that dashnet arena-ish thing.
28%
TUSLOS1227YosukeHanamura 2 votes
No it's alright the forum will survive, just give it time. Make that dashnet arena-ish thing.
0%
Yes we gotta do something about the forum dying slowly. Make a new RP thread instead.
0%
No it's alright the forum will survive, just give it time. Make a new RP thread instead.
0%
52 Te. Make that dashnet arena-ish thing.
0%
52 Te. Make a new RP thread instead.
0%
52 Te. I don't care what you are about to do in forum games Maniklas.
28%
BillaboPalutena 2 votes

Comments

• ViniVini Member Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to be brief about those points.
    • Forum games are dying fast
    Have they? I admittedly haven't paid much attention to new threads the past few months.
    And I can say my two are long buried, but it's not like I'll have time to manage them until... Well, the far future or something.
    • Losing active members too fast compared to newcomers
    That goes a long way. It's more that many people who come here don't have much of a reason to stay. They come with a problem and leave with a solution. Half of the main dishes of the forums have gone silent (stale? I shouldn't've used a food analogy), and the rest just don't do enough compared to what we were.
    • I suggest we create a bigger variation of different forum games
    Not a bad start, but what does that mean? We have tried lotsa kinds of forum games over the history of DashNet, and the ones that prevailed are the ones we see now.
    • Perhaps ocasionally make links to off topic posts
    I say no. Advertising in activity sparsely should be enough. Threads hijacks are fer teh evulz.
    • Not being so picky with necrobumps
    This I verily agree with. It's not really a bump if the thread wasn't that deep in the first place, so as long as the supposed necro has relevant information, there's nothing wrong.

And I don't know what to say about the FG you want to make except for "go for it".
    As for whether we take action to postpone the forums's death... That depends? I don't see how, but if anybody's got any ideas.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because I’m inactive
    (Jk you’re all good forumgamers)

When I return to the forums I’ll reenliven the Dashnet RPG, just got some school
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • leunleun Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    sorry but i dont think counting to 1000 will save the forum
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 355 ✭✭
    Yes we gotta do something about the forum dying slowly. I don't care what you are about to do in forum games Maniklas.
    Nobody likes my treasure hunt... I put so much love into that ;..-(

Well, I'm new here but this is not my first forum. What keeps forums alive is common interests and bonding.

Is there more to be in common than love for cookie clicker and forum games? Hell yeah.

I blame facebook and instagram.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for
  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭
    I think we should try to revive some older forum games- ones that survived for a good long time. I think a big problem is that a lot of new forum games don't compare to some of the older gems, so we shouldn't be hesitant to revive them or something.
    I dunno.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 355 ✭✭
    ok sempais, each of you post a list of the 3 most epic forum games of dashnet!
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iceklaus said:

Dashnet RPG
    Dashnet RPG
    Dashnet RPG
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iceklaus said:

(fun fact: the plural of "sempai" is "sempeese")

The Safe

I think I can't say that one wasn't my favorite, even if it wasn't. It has oh so much potential, which, unfortunately, requires an imaginative and open-minded GM.
    Who will also need a lot of free time, because this one has a tendency to get awfully complicated.
    In short, it's so good it's bad. Bad for its own good.

Destroy the Cookie

Simply the most epic forum game DashNet Forums has ever seen.
    As... Far as I can tell...
    But seriously, look at it. Everything about this game just yells EPIC.

[missing]

Can't think of any other for now... But in my humble opinion, those two are epic enough for a three-item list.

• LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭
    Vini said:

iceklaus said:

(fun fact: the plural of "sempai" is "sempeese")

The Safe

I think I can't say that one wasn't my favorite, even if it wasn't. It has oh so much potential, which, unfortunately, requires an imaginative and open-minded GM.
    Who will also need a lot of free time, because this one has a tendency to get awfully complicated.
    In short, it's so good it's bad. Bad for its own good.

Destroy the Cookie

Simply the most epic forum game DashNet Forums has ever seen.
    As... Far as I can tell...
    But seriously, look at it. Everything about this game just yells EPIC.

[missing]

Can't think of any other for now... But in my humble opinion, those two are epic enough for a three-item list.
    What about Uio's game? I never played it, but it looked pretty darn successful.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm