Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How Do I get Idle Game Maker?

SansGeek456SansGeek456 Member Posts: 49
I need help getting/ getting to Idle Game Maker. When i press the icon on the news it just sends me to the guide book. Please help me.

Comments

• morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Maybe try actually reading the
    guide
    book?
    Y'know, because it's entire purpose is to
    guide
    you?
  • SansGeek456SansGeek456 Member Posts: 49
    I do read the GUIDE book but i don't know how to make the text file or where to make the game file.
  • lLonewolf2121lLonewolf2121 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭

I do read the GUIDE book but i don't know how to make the text file or where to make the game file.

I hate to be that guy but if you actually read the guide you'd know that

"An Idle Game Maker game is simply a text file that our website converts into a browser game.
    To make your own game, you will have to write that text file using the commands and syntax described below (you'll see, there's a whole bunch of cool things you can do). Here's what a finished game file looks like : http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/games/bunnyclicker.txt.
    You will then have to find a place online to store your text file (pastebin.com is a good one; your text files are hosted for free and, if you register, you can edit them as much as you want. Here are some other text-hosting sites).
    Once you're happy with your new game, all that remains to do is to share it with the world!
    How do I play my game?
    To play a game, take its source file's URL and append it to the following :
    http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=
    For instance, a game hosted at :
    www.example.com/mygame.txt
    ...would be playable at :
    http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=www.example.com/mygame.txt"
    Look man, I'm trying to get HELPFUL tips, not "I hate to be that guy but if you actually read the guide you'd know that." So if u wanna be smart with me, go find someone else not me.
    Maybe u should check out my other discussion for information. If u actually know how to get there.
    edited February 4
    I gave you a useful tip and answered your entire thread in one post no need to be rude. Why would you assume I don't know how to find your one other discussion about a game that you haven't even posted a link to and gave no insight what so ever on any help that you need with that game?
    edited February 4
    if the guide book doesn't help, you're gonna have a bad time

(get it? it's an undertale reference. because you like Sans.)

but seriously, just sign up on pastebin, create a paste, copy the series of random letters and numbers at the end of the URL, and paste that into your URL bar after "http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g="

it doesn't take Einstein to figure this stuff out
    It is really easy, u just click discussions and click the discussion that says Sans Clicker. Again, no offense but, really not that hard.

edited February 4

It is really easy, u just click discussions and click the discussion that says Sans Clicker. Again, no offense but, really not that hard.

nobody asked, and you can't say "Again" because this is the first time you've told me anyone "no offense but, really not that hard."

also I made you a video just in case
    @SansGeek456 Troll harder not to mention this entire thread is in the wrong section of the forums smart ass
    edited February 4

nobody asked, and you can't say "Again" because this is the first time you've told me "no offense but, really not that hard."

also I made you a video just in case
    I believe he was referring to me

Lonewolf your video does not show the author part. When i get to that part and i look up the game it says there is an error.
    ???
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having less and less reasons to believe you are not a troll, but the information you want is all there in the guide.

Lonewolf your video does not show the author part. When i get to that part and i look up the game it says there is an error.

use "by:" instead of "author:"
    The guide book says after the name it says "author: its you!" u didn't show how to do the author part.
  • medsal15medsal15 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Why is this in the games category? It should go into the discussions category.
    I always give people what they want. Unless I can't.
    I'm still learning english so I probably make some mistakes. I will correct myself if I find it.