Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Make Halloween as interactive as Christmas

SmallAngryBunSmallAngryBun Member Posts: 9
I feel like they are wasting a huge opportunity to really make Halloween as fun as Xmas. As it is right now the Halloween event only really affects your wrath cookies and wrinklers but what if it also had a fun progression like xmas has with Santa? (you know how he goes from a test tube to final clause?) I think you could add something similar like maybe start off with a pumpkin seed and slowly feed it cookies until it progresses into a pumpkin then a sentient jack o' lantern then some sort of cosmic scary pumpkin entity.

I'm just saying that i'm surprised in a game that made cookies creepy the dev didn't immediately jump on the Halloween train ha ha could be really awesome. what do you guys think? I want feedback. Anything to add?

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I think that would be great. Once you've got the 7 upgrade cookies, Halloween is pointless.

In fact I'd like to see Orteil play with all the seasons in future changes, rather than simply adding bigger and bigger Heavenly upgrades. Give us a reason to not just ignore the seasons altogether if you aren't running the reindeer auto-clicker cheat. Right now, that's the only reason to bother setting a season at all.
  • SmallAngryBunSmallAngryBun Member Posts: 9
    Maddie said:

I think that would be great. Once you've got the 7 upgrade cookies, Halloween is pointless.

In fact I'd like to see Orteil play with all the seasons in future changes, rather than simply adding bigger and bigger Heavenly upgrades. Give us a reason to not just ignore the seasons altogether if you aren't running the reindeer auto-clicker cheat. Right now, that's the only reason to bother setting a season at all.

Exactly! so far Xmas is the only one that has any sort of story feel to it with the Santa forms and the fun upgrades. I think so much more could be done with the other seasons. I was honestly surprised at how little was done with Halloween. It's basically pointless if you haven't got the Grandmapocolyps running.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Easter has some fun upgrades. And Business Day has an exclusive Golden Cookie result. (Everything Must Go.) But Halloween and Valentine's have essentially nothing.
    Easter offers the egg upgrades, but like Halloween, once you've got them, there's no reason to stay in Easter.

Even just having ghosts and rabbits or eggs
    that cross the screen like the deer do would be a reason to care what season you're running in.
    But what would they do differently than reindeer? If they just give cookies, you'd just go into the season that gave the best return from reindeer/ghosts/rabbits.
  • RavectiveRavective Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited February 1
    In Halloween, there could be Trick-or-Treat bags that could appear randomly on the screen, like golden cookies. The difference is, is that the Bags have different effects.

Candy Storm
    Every time you click the big cookie, you gain +1 of a random building. This lasts 10 Seconds, and all building you gained during that time are lost when the timer finishes

Sugar Rush
    Every time you click the big cookie, your CPS is doubled. Your CPS goes back to normal and the end of the 15 seconds this lasts.

Jumpscare
    The amount of Cookies in your bank are instantly Doubled

Bat Swarm
    A whole bunch of clickable bats appear on screen (Like Cookie Storm) But there are less bats and instead of giving you cookies, each bat doubles your CPS. CPS goes back to normal after the 15 Seconds the bats appear for

edited February 2
    I like those ideas. Jumpscare might be a bit too powerful, considering the levels some folks are playing at. But if it was super-rare, it might work.

Looking at Sugar Rush and Bat Swarm, "doubled" may be too much there, too. I don't use an auto-clicker on the big cookie and I can get between four and five clicks per second manually. So a 15-second long Sugar Rush would result in my CPS being doubled between 60 and 75 times by the end. Even if my CPS was only 2 at the start, 2^60 is just over a quintillion (1,152,921,504,606,846,976). For players in the mid- to late-game, with CPSs already in the septillions, octillions, and nonillions, the size of the CPS would be big enough to hit the "infinity" threshold

I'm not sure I see the point of Candy Storm, either, if the buildings go away after it's over. Having more buildings for only 10 seconds doesn't do much.

-- dpareja: they don't have to have the same return method as the reindeer; the same way of working is what I was talking about. One thing crossing the screen at a time, catch it and get whatever bonus it offers.
    Jumpscare would be pretty powerful, though it only doubles cookies in bank. Maybe if it worked something like how selling free buildings from Spontaneous Edifice works (so that your total baked for the run doesn't increase unless your bank would exceed total baked)?

Sugar Rush would be broken. (Bat Swarm would be less broken.) I don't use an auto-clicker, but I do use MouseKeys when I have things like Click Frenzies, and, having just measured, I can click 200+ times in 10 seconds, so figure 300 times in 15 seconds. Even just 20 for the first second would multiply my CpS by a million for the rest of it, which is way, way more than I can get from nearly any combination of GCs. (I guess I could think of something like Frenzy (already obtained) + two building boosts (from having two GCs show up at once, or by using FtHoF for the second) +Elder Frenzy from FtHoF by selling a bunch of Wizard towers to reduce the cost or burning a sugar lump... I could get about 18.5 million times by CpS for the 14 seconds of the Elder Frenzy there.) And then in the second second I multiply my CpS by another million. I might be more inclined toward 5% per click. (Even after 280 clicks, that's only a multiplier of about 860,000, and you'd only get that for a second.) And don't forget that as you click the big cookie to boost your CpS here, you're also increasing your amount per click. I'd perhaps add then that cookies per click be reduced to 0 for the duration of a Sugar Rush.

Candy Storm should be by far the most common result, I think. It would probably have the lowest effect on CpS of any of them, while still giving a decent buff.

Maddie: Suggestions like Ravective's are what I was getting at--ie what would these rewards be? I couldn't think of anything like those.
  • SmallAngryBunSmallAngryBun Member Posts: 9
    i love the trick or treat idea! and I like the idea of the jumpscare one but it does seem to be a bit powerful. might need to be edited a bit