Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

is it possible to add random numbers of groups

vorropohaiahvorropohaiah Member Posts: 1
edited January 19 in General Discussion
I'm trying a generator that gives a randum number of individuals, though each individual is composed randomly generated parts (like sex, race, class, age etc.).

Is it possible, with only one $phrase, to create results with 1, 2, 3 or more individuals, and if so, how? take the below- the $phrase starts with Three. is it possible to make this a random number, and withthe following details generated for the number thats generated by the specific $phrase?

Three individuals - [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]], [An] [gender] [[race]|[nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[specialjob]], and [An] [gender] human [[upperclass]|[martialjob]] are chosen by [an elected assembly|a council of elders|ballod|ritual|lottery] to defend [an] [city|region|nation|people] from [an] [growing|encroaching|worsening] [Atramental|Firmamental|unknown] [calamity|darkness|doom].

sorry if this doesn't make much sense as I'm new to this. If the idea isn't coming across please ask me and I'll try to clarify

Comments

• fishdavidsonfishdavidson Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    The only way I'm aware of to do something similar to what you're asking is like this:

$phrase
    One individual - [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]] must go fix some stuff
    Two individuals - [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]] and [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]] have to go solve this crisis
    Three individuals - [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]], [An] [gender] [[race]|[nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[specialjob]], and [An] [gender] human [[upperclass]|[martialjob]] are chosen by [an elected assembly|a council of elders|ballod|ritual|lottery] to defend [an] [city|region|nation|people] from [an] [growing|encroaching|worsening] [Atramental|Firmamental|unknown] [calamity|darkness|doom]. 
    You could also try to streamline the code a little bit, which you could use to make more types of characters, like so:

$individual
    [An] [gender] [[race]|human][nationality]] [[spellcaster]|[religiousjob]]
    A lady with a magic wand for an arm
    A dude who raises horses
    And then plug that into your generator phrase like so

$phrase
    One individual -  [individual] must go fix some stuff
    Two individuals - [individual] and [individual] have to go solve a crisis
    Three individuals - Three individuals - [individual], [individual], and [individual] are chosen by [an elected assembly|a council of elders|ballod|ritual|lottery] to defend [an] [city|region|nation|people] from [an] [growing|encroaching|worsening] [Atramental|Firmamental|unknown] [calamity|darkness|doom]. 

Hope that helps!