Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

building frenzy versus Elder Frenzy math question

QueenieQueenie Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
How many buildings would it take for a building-based boost to produce as many cookies as an Elder Frenzy? It's probably a fairly simple math question, but I'm not that way inclined.

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    A whole lot.

A building boost multiplies your CpS by 1+(#buildings/10). An Elder Frenzy multiplies your CpS by 666.

However, a building boost normally lasts 30 seconds and an Elder Frenzy 6 seconds. (These both increase if you get various upgrades, of course.) Hence we want to see how many buildings you'd need to get a multiplier of 133.2 for a building boost, since a building boost lasts five times longer than an Elder Frenzy.

Doing the algebra, we find that we'd need 1322 of the chosen building. (The game randomly selects between all buildings of which you have at least 10, so if you want to ensure this, you'd have to have 1322 of that building and no more than 9 of each of any of the others.)

Suffice it to say that getting 1322 of any building requires a whole lot of cookies (read: cheating).

Note that if you have your building boost entirely contained in a Frenzy (not impossible, as if you got a Frenzy during another Frenzy, the next GC that shows up should show up with enough time remaining in the Frenzy to contain the entire building boost) you would only need 201 of the chosen building to make the entire Frenzy+building boost better than an Elder Frenzy on its own. (But not better than Frenzy+Elder Frenzy.)
  • QueenieQueenie Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    ...okay, that goal might take a little while to get to.

Challenge accepted. Thanks for the number crunching!
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Queenie said:

...okay, that goal might take a little while to get to.

Challenge accepted. Thanks for the number crunching!

Just so you know Queenie having 1322 Cursors, the cheapest buildings in the game, will cost you well over Infinity cookies. I don't believe anyone has gotten that legitimately before.

If you're still up to the task, good luck!
  • QueenieQueenie Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Well, I don't have the patience to try Challenge mode and I have all the prestige upgrades, so it's not like there's much left to do in my game until/unless we get an upgrade.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Queenie said:

Well, I don't have the patience to try Challenge mode and I have all the prestige upgrades, so it's not like there's much left to do in my game until/unless we get an upgrade.

Challenge mode is (currently) just a way to play the game as if you had just started, so that you can get certain achievements like (True) Neverclick, Hardcore, and Speed Baking.