Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Wish Orteil could or would do something about severe lag in Chrome

orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
Tired of missing Reindeer or Cookie Chains, getting next to nothing out of Elder Frenzies because Chrome can't stop freezing up for 10 seconds at a time. I disabled background tab throttling to absolutely no effect.

Every night I turn on the Golden Switch, have my PC set to never sleep or shut down, and put on a 10+ hour YouTube playlist in another window just to be safe. Yet every morning, in the time (30 to 90 minutes) it takes me to generate a Conjure Baked Goods backfire Clot so I can turn the Golden Switch off, I make about half the cookies I made all night long, if not more. I feel robbed.

I restart the whole browser as often as I can, but it's down to damned near barely an hour, maybe two, before it lags badly enough again that I'm missing cookies and reindeer with zero chance to click them.

I've tried all the conventional Reddit wisdom. I wish there were an answer besides "get Firefox". Got too many damned browsers on this thing already for work reasons, and the only one I like is Chrome.

Comments

• blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    First try disabling some of the taxing settings, like Fancy Graphics, Particles, etc. Otherwise, what always seems to work for me is to save your game to file, then wipe the save from the browser window and close the tab. Closing the whole browser and/or restarting your computer could help too. Then open up Chrome, open the CC tab, then load in your game file.

Good luck, I hope this helps.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    It's not chrome, it's you. I run a bog-standard chrome. No adblock and it runs fine.
    Firefox is worse, and reddit doesn't know shit about this game.