Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

DNF Drama: Part [bluh bluh huge bitches]

KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Off Topic
@Camwood7

[1] I don't care for people who incessantly stalk me. [2] It doesn't matter if they're "helping me" (read: effectively vomiting up the same 'depression help' results from google you get on page 1 and calling it a day) [3] or if they're "worried"; because if they actually wanted me to care about them, they would've cared about me back when that mattered. Alas, that time has long since passed, specifically at the start of February of this year when the entire community here effectively banned my main account. Frankly, it comes across more as if he's more so doing this just so he can say to others "I helped a depressed person!" and get ego/brownie points-- [4] and I'm not pulling that out of my ass because that has happened to me earlier this year, and the fucker got away with it, too. [5] And when my actual response after a long time is met with him angrily hating on me to the point of telling me to flat-out fuck off, well, jeez, I wonder why I don't want anything to do with that; it's like a massive red flag telling me "yeah, it was probably better to stay out of that".

Now if you excuse me, I'll be heeding your advice, Karlolin, like you oh-so kindly told me to, and fuck off, and be even less active on these forums than I already was. [6] And don't act like this is coming out of nowhere, because frankly, you should have seen this one coming.

[7] If you wanted to be my friend, you would've shown that when it mattered.

1. I was prodding you over a couple platforms at first. Checking your status on Discord and Steam to make sure you hadn't killed yourself. I never understood why you never blocked me if you didn't like me messaging you. Or you might have, and it's just not visible to the person blocked. I don't know how it works.

Then, a couple months after I first told you I wanted a response I began looking at your Reddit posts. It was out of pure desperation, but it was a shitty move and I hate myself for it. It gave you another, solid reason to hate me.

"What is critical to understanding empathy in those with Asperger’s is the idea of having an appropriate emotional response to another person’s thoughts and feelings. A person may care that someone else feels hurt or pain, is confused and worried, has doubts and wants comfort, but at the same time not know how to respond in a way that fits that particular situation. This is what makes those with Asperger’s different and where the idea that they lack empathy comes from.

Asperger’s makes it hard to know what it takes to address someone else’s concerns. The desire to respond may be there, the wish to help, to reach out and comfort may be there, however understanding how to may not. The resulting effect is, as so often occurs, the stigma of having no empathy, of being callous or unfeeling."

http://www.kennethrobersonphd.com/aspergers-syndrome-problem-empathy/

Since I'm an aspie, that should clear up at least part of how I reacted as I did. How wonderfully ironic wasn't it to see that such accurate information was being presented to me as my first search result?

3. I wanted to stay out of drama for as long as possible, but when I saw you tearing yourself apart and rampaging on the forum I felt that I had to do something. Naïve move, I know. It's been a life lesson for my part, though.

4. Who did that? Call them out, man. There's no shame in letting the names of shitty people out.

5. And when he actually responds to me after a long time I'm met with him making hasty conclusions about what I think, well, jeez, I wonder why I'm getting so fucking angry: it's like a massive red flag telling me "yeah, this guy is a total douchebag".

6. I did. Miiiiiiiiiles away. Kind of my intent too. Good job there buddy. Bye-bye, and keep safe, kiddo.

7. I tried to. You turned my disconnected but well-meaning notions a blind eye.

So, to summarise:

We're both shitty people who got into a shitty situation where we picked shitty options and brought ourselves into more shit. It could have been stopped but since we were both such idiots that we didn't, and so it spiralled out of control.

Now, finito of an era. Bye, CWS. Bye-bye, Karlolin. Time to die, Dashnet Forums.
i shouldnt even be alive at this point
but i am

Comments

• Camwood7Camwood7 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    You know, if this is meant to convince me I should have let you be my friend, insulting me and even mentioning me in your insults are not going to convince me.

You're the one who decided to flagrantly stalk me and immediately insult me when I didn't pay attention. You're the one who decided to piggyback off any success I had on reddit just to try to force attention upon you. You're the one who, when faced with my attempts to merely ignore your repeated stalking of every internet account I ever had, decided to instead annoy my close friend Autumn instead. You're the one who decided to take me not offing myself as a personal victory for you. And you're the one insulting and attempting to mock me as a person when I call you out for all of it after you insult me for having the NERVE to post here. And to top it all off, you make a big stink out of it by making a massive thread about it, and block me on Discord.

Honestly? You're selfish, and I don't care about anything that happens to you, because clearly, you don't care about anything that happens to me. I treat others how others treat me, and when this is how you treat me, you don't have any room to argue about anything I say.

This shall be all I will say about this from this point onward. If you don't learn anything after this, then clearly, you never will, and it is incredibly clear that nothing of value is being lost.
    Literally dunk the points you'd give onto my other account, this one has zero value to me and will literally cease to be relevant come May June 1st June 18th June 19th SOMEDAY: @Cookiewoodstock

Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang, and the signature is gone.
  • leunleun Member Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ive read like 2 lines and i can already see your strawman cookiewoodstock
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CWS assuming stuff about Kar and Kar assuming stuff about CWS. Difference being, if called out on that, CWS is more likely to threaten suicide.

Eh... Based on... Previous experiences.

Y'know.
    Sometimes I wonder if the happy, good ol' days of DNF were worth it. Perhaps it's for the best that any and everybody who still fondly recalls of this place as a community cut ties with it entirely.

• QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    hey remember when this was an actual forum and not some forumgame/drama-based-hellhole? (I don't.)
    Post edited by QuentinPlaysMC on
    A sudden burst of pixel art approaches...
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

hey remember when this was an actual forum and not some forumgame/drama-based-hellhole? (I don't.)

The drama's the only interesting part of the forum though.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku

it always had drama
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just won guilt bingo, ding ding ding.

This is exactly what we said would happen. The usual stuff

• MetronomeFanaticMetronomeFanatic Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    leun said:

it always had drama
    I literally came here for the drama.

leun said:

it always had drama
    same
  • BurnCookieBurnCookie Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    leun said:

leun said:

it always had drama
    same
    same tbh
    The sun i

leun said:

leun said:

it always had drama
    same
    same tbh
    tbh same
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldra said:

leun said:

leun said:

it always had drama
    same
    same tbh
    tbh same
    Not me, I come for cancer and games
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Goldra said:

leun said:

leun said:

it always had drama
    same
    same tbh
    tbh same
    I have never seen this forum as pure as you have explained.....

It must have been beautiful.....
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• MetronomeFanaticMetronomeFanatic Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

That explains so much.

That explains so much.
    ...Except it actually does?
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldra said:

That explains so much.
    Pretty sure DLK wasn't being sarcastic.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

Goldra said:

That explains so much.
    Pretty sure DLK wasn't being sarcastic.
    Oh yeah you're probably right actually
  • KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vini said:

Kar assuming stuff about CWS

Bit late maybe, but what do you mean with this?
    but i am
    Karlolin said:

Vini said:

The same thing I meant by this:
    Vini said:

CWS assuming stuff about Kar

It's not necessarily something that has happened recently, mind. Just a general gist I got from the whole drama thing.

• KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vini said:

Karlolin said:

Vini said:

The same thing I meant by this:
    Vini said:

CWS assuming stuff about Kar

It's not necessarily something that has happened recently, mind. Just a general gist I got from the whole drama thing.
    That's kind of preposterous.
    but i am
    Karlolin said:

That's kind of preposterous.

Isn't this whole deal?

• ArtificialCookieArtificialCookie Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I have three words.

What the fuck?
    "And so basically, a lesbian mutt witnessed someone get fucking mauled in a tomb of ancient gods." - CWS
    "He, for some reason, I imagine everybody involved in the idler dramurs (except idler) holding up beer glasses and laughing, no, are you sure?,
    Yes has root beer, there we go kong *soda a donger face!" - Me ruining the DK Rap with CWS
    "I CAN'T BELIEVE ADUMB IS A NINJA DOG." - CWS
    "Who the hell is that hell Plankton?" ~Idler

https://pokefarm.com/user/ToxicGluttony