Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Peanut Butter Cupper V9

Comments

• morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 129 ✭✭

can i get the game link

http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=svQkcQVg

maybe try actually reading the post next time

• SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Maybe I'm not advanced enough in the game and I haven't seen it, but a cheaper way to open golden bean pods would be nice.
    I have more golden beans more than I can open (waiting till having 405 mana is looong), and I keep getting more...

Maybe an upgrade that would lower this cost? A golden upgrade perhaps? :)
  • FaythFayth Member Posts: 11
    I kinda agree. Maybe not a cheaper way, but something which allow us to open 1k pods at once (100 by 100 is annoying when you are at 100k+). Some full mana consumption + a cooldown of an hour maybe?
    thanks for the feedback!

I'll try to figure out a solution by the next update, if not sooner
    how's this?

Good idea. Although if I make a quick calculation, 50 levels would make the overall price at 68.8% of its original price, the 50th level would cost 108365 golden cocoa beans and 1083 crystal beans... a bit expensive, but better that nothing.
    edited March 5
    Hm by the way, I thinks there's a bug with the golden peanut butter cup: sometimes the effect is nothing (no notification, nothing happening). It happens with regular probability (although I haven't made stats), both on "natural" or "provoked" golden pbc.

And some of those golden pbc are mostly off screen, that makes them almost impossible to click on. I don't know if you can make something about that. :)
  • FaythFayth Member Posts: 11
    I confirmed these issues.
    ALso, I noticed that sometimes (got that effect around 3 times over 10 tries) after spending 300 mana for a golden cup, the delay counter freeze after a moment, same as the natural mana regeneration, and I had to reload the page. Weird :/
  • BastIsAwesomeBastIsAwesome Member Posts: 1
    Fayth said:

I confirmed these issues.
    ALso, I noticed that sometimes (got that effect around 3 times over 10 tries) after spending 300 mana for a golden cup, the delay counter freeze after a moment, same as the natural mana regeneration, and I had to reload the page. Weird :/

I've also noticed an issue with the game locking up, usually coinciding with clicking on a golden peanut butter cup that appears off screen. I'm not sure if this is an issue with this particular game or if it's an issue with Idle Game Maker.
    Sekhmet said:

Good idea. Although if I make a quick calculation, 50 levels would make the overall price at 68.8% of its original price, the 50th level would cost 108365 golden cocoa beans and 1083 crystal beans... a bit expensive, but better that nothing.

It'll stack additively, which is a bit better in this case.

There'll also be another similar upgrade that boosts mana production and will replace the "Mana Boost" upgrade
    Sekhmet said:

Hm by the way, I thinks there's a bug with the golden peanut butter cup: sometimes the effect is nothing (no notification, nothing happening). It happens with regular probability (although I haven't made stats), both on "natural" or "provoked" golden pbc.

Looks like it was a problem with spell delay. Should be fixed now
    Sekhmet said:

And some of those golden pbc are mostly off screen, that makes them almost impossible to click on. I don't know if you can make something about that. :)

That should also be fixed now

It'll stack additively, which is a bit better in this case.

A bit. But still very expensive. The 50 levels I was talking about (that are veeery expensive) would only make it to 62.5%. Mayve lowering the 15% increasing rate just for this upgrade?

There'll also be another similar upgrade that boosts mana production and will replace the "Mana Boost" upgrade

Nice! :)

The other bugs seem to be fixed :), thanks. Although a strange glitch has appeared: I can't click on the peanut butter jar (it is non-clickable), and only on the left half of the chocolate bar. Am I the only one facing that? O_o
    edited March 6
    Sekhmet said:

The other bugs seem to be fixed :), thanks. Although a strange glitch has appeared: I can't click on the peanut butter jar (it is non-clickable), and only on the left half of the chocolate bar. Am I the only one facing that? O_o

That was a side effect of the fix I made for golden cups appearing off-screen. Just fixed it

Seems good now. Good job :).
  • zaphzaph Member Posts: 1
    Don't want to spoil anything, but I can't seem to click the item that gives me a 'coolResource'
    zaph said:

Don't want to spoil anything, but I can't seem to click the item that gives me a 'coolResource'

Fixededed
    edited April 2

Update 9 is out?

• made the game look way better
    • graphic design is my passion
    edit: it's back to normal. real update 9 comes tomorrow!
    Post edited by morkysherk on

Update 9 is out!

• Spell boosts
    • The very beginnings of a prestige system (shows up at 1T peanut butter cups earned)
    • 4 new "tier 2" buildings
    • A purchased upgrades section
    • A couple new spells
    • A couple new golden bean upgrades
    • Renamed a building and made a new icon for another
    Thanks for the update!

A few issues:
    - I lost 2 secrets achievements with the ascending (or was it with the update? Not sure).
    - I'm supposed to have unlocked the button for clicking PBC, but this does not show up.
    - The "no effect" on clicking a golden butter bug is back (you fixed this a couple time ago).

:)
    edited April 3
    Sekhmet said:

- I lost 2 secrets achievements with the ascending (or was it with the update? Not sure).

I'll probably change that but for now it's intentional
    Sekhmet said:

- I'm supposed to have unlocked the button for clicking PBC, but this does not show up.

There isn't a button specifically for clicking peanut butter cups. Clicking the chocolate/peanut butter buttons will give you peanut butter cups. This might also change

EDIT: You also have to buy the upgrade after getting the secret
    Sekhmet said:

- The "no effect" on clicking a golden butter bug is back (you fixed this a couple time ago).

Not sure what's going on there, but saving and refreshing fixed it for me. If that doesn't work, send me your save code and I'll try to figure out what's wrong

edited April 4

I'll probably change that but for now it's intentional

Ok I see. The thing is, 4 secrets were still unlocked. It's weird to have some that stay and some that disappear! ;)

There isn't a button specifically for clicking peanut butter cups. Clicking the chocolate/peanut butter buttons will give you peanut butter cups. This might also change

EDIT: You also have to buy the upgrade after getting the secret

I don't have the upgrade, that's the thing. So I can't unlock it...

Not sure what's going on there, but saving and refreshing fixed it for me. If that doesn't work, send me your save code and I'll try to figure out what's wrong

Same bug as described here:
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/comment/406278/#Comment_406278 (and 2 answers below). Refreshing did not help.

Here's my save file, in case you want to check something:

https://cloud.immae.eu/index.php/s/6ioJk5WsH6jAP4F
    Sekhmet said:

Ok I see. The thing is, 4 secrets were still unlocked. It's weird to have some that stay and some that disappear! ;)

That's actually unintentional, but I know why it happens (they require stats that never get reset)
    Sekhmet said:

I don't have the upgrade, that's the thing. So I can't unlock it...

Could you get it before prestige or was it just never there?

Anyway, I can't figure out what's causing this golden peanut butter cup bug.

Things I know:
    • It seems to be caused by the "Spawn golden peanut butter cup" spell, but is not guaranteed to happen
    • Golden peanut butter cup effects and on-click animations get disabled every time, and sometimes all on-click effects get disabled
    • This error message shows up in the console every time "Spawn golden peanut butter cup" is cast:

I'll keep trying to fix this. If anyone can find out what's wrong, that'd be great.
    For now, I tried your save file and saving and refreshing does seem to work as a temporary fix.
  • MyloMylo Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Wow! You separated purchased upgrades from unpurchased ones! How did you do that? Share it with everyone, this is GREAT.

Make magic upgrades save themselves after prestiging!
  • mooglemaster415mooglemaster415 Member Posts: 7
    I agree about the magic upgrades! Please keep them after prestiging; otherwise spending time on the magic upgrades are worthless.
  • mooglemaster415mooglemaster415 Member Posts: 7
    It would also be nice to prestige more than once. Currently can't buy the prestige upgrade again.
  • AluvialAluvial Member Posts: 5
    I think I really found a bad glitch. If you tell me what the 6 secret achievements are, I'll tell you what is REALLY off in game... Love this game. Ascending was cool. I'll give you a hint, I have 5 secret achievements, can't for the life of me find the 6th. If you send me a private message, I'll try to explain what is wrong in game.

Game save attached.
  • Bekfast12345678Bekfast12345678 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Why can't I make peanut butter or chocolate I can't stop the thing where you use too much of each and you get the secret achievement?
    edited April 12
    My advice for that is selling all your buildings that make peanut butter cups, except subatomic moleculizers blahblah. They produce pbc without eating your chocolate and peanut butter ;). Do this after unlocking all the

You can then adapt to keep a few of those buildings, for instance if you want to unlock their upgrades, and maybe the most powerful ones.

@Aluvial: for the sixth achievement...
    Go to the source :)

And by the way, I'm looking forward to new ascending things. A few upgrades suggestions (that could be or not with prestige, by the way):
    - better clicking. Honestly, it's mostly useless at this level.
    - unlocking new tier of upgrades for the basic buildings (could be in several prestige upgrades), or maybe even like synergies (buildings combos)
    - a new crazy building that would convert beanut butter cups into peanut butter and chocolate (with an interesting ratio of course). But this could be very hard to balance, so maybe not, or carefully.
    - Spell improving, with several different upgrades: less "fail" problem. Also, gaining golden bean pods is useless: "you got 50 gbp" when you have more that 300k of those... useless. I don't know how to improve that. Maybe more "storms?" I see rarely those. Or maybe getting directly golden cocoa beans or crystal beans? Increasing the length of the "frenzy"?
    - Or a nice upgrade could be having some kind of golden peanut butter cup "configuration", when you can choose to focus on one type of thing. The probability of getting this thing would be increased, even if the others could still appear.

Also, it would make sense to me that the secret achievement should be kept with ascending. Especially some hard ones (the sixth...). But it's your game ;).
  • Bekfast12345678Bekfast12345678 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    thx but I ascended so it's all good
    Sekhmet said:

@Aluvial: for the sixth achievement...

Go to the source :)

Okay, perhaps spell it out for me.... I went to source code (I think...)
    Anyhow, I'm able to gain infinite numbers of PB,C,PBCs by employing a sell/buy strategy. It seems that if you sell off large quantities of 50 or more, and then buy them back, the game cannot calculate the buy rate and you end up with insane amounts of each item from the previous sale.

I look forward to any new updates. I like the new Mana update, and I agree, you should keep your spell boosts upon ascending so that the hardest commodity, Crystal Beans, is saved (making the ascension worth it). Obviously, more Divine upgrades would help.