Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Mis-Click Prevention

orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
It's far too easy to accidentally pop wrinklers, upgrade buildings, or cast spells during a Cookie Storm. Even clicking on a mundane Golden or Wrath cookie over a Wrinkler always causes a wrinkler-click, even if that's not enough to pop them, which makes me nervous.

Ideally there'd be some kind of overlay so that you cannot interact with anything but the Big Cookie left of the Store during a Cookie Storm, but the fact that the Storm doesn't overlay the Store indicates Orteil understood the mis-click problem... then added things to click underneath the Cookie Storm area anyway.

Some form of "open / close" mechanic for the buildings, like for the Grimoire and Pantheon, that protects the Level Up buttons would go a long way. And perhaps Wrinklers should "shelter" under the Big Cookie during the Cookie Storm or something.

Comments

• iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    I think cookie storm is supposed to be skill-click based.

It probably was not meant to be all desperate-randomly clicking around the screen, IMHO.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    The best method is to resize your browser window to just a small square so all golden cookies spawn nearly right on top of each other. So long as you resize properly, you will only potentially click the Big Cookie.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Another good way of avoiding it is to play with the stats screen on all the time: no risk to upgrade building (and wasting sugar lumps) or casting random spells.

Popping a couple wrinklers is not that bad if you've got all the wrinklers upgrades: they come back very quickly.

I personally use blank3tm0nst3r's idea, mostly because it lets me catch a lot of golden cookies (otherwise I'm like "OMG OMG COOKIES" and try to click and click but I don't get a lot of those).
  • orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    iceklaus said:

I think cookie storm is supposed to be skill-click based.

It probably was not meant to be all desperate-randomly clicking around the screen, IMHO.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cookie Chains? Not that they're not about equally worthless in terms of payout relative to Frenzies, Click Frenzies, building buffs, etc.

The best method is to resize your browser window to just a small square so all golden cookies spawn nearly right on top of each other. So long as you resize properly, you will only potentially click the Big Cookie.

Thanks, this is good advice.
    Sekhmet said:

Another good way of avoiding it is to play with the stats screen on all the time: no risk to upgrade building (and wasting sugar lumps) or casting random spells.

So is this. Just have to steer clear of the "pop all wrinklers" button that Cookie monster puts there. But that's easier than, say, trying to use the Settings page. I'd say Info, but that has hyperlinks on it, which could ruin the whole thing.