Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

So...we're nearing the finale...

IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah, I know it's not the finale, not just yet, maybe never, but I made this thread.

I've noticed that fewer and fewer peoples are interested in the forums. Over time--
  • We posted a lot of times here
  • We had drastic turns (Like being hacked by Clickerghost. Clickerghost...if you're reading this, DAMN YOU!!!
  • We got drastic bans (I got several when I first registered here, back then I was a forum idiot. CWS also got a permaban...poor him. BurntCookie got banned after he gone on a rant, and was about to suicide)
  • We got badges (I got Wiener and Double Wiener. But I might never be able to get True Wiener..)
  • We got IGM games and Cookie Clicker updates (Gold Miner was a bit funny, my Fast Man idea finally got incoporated into the Cookie Clicker game)
  • We got tons of inbox (Maybe it wasn't useful, but still)
  • We got new vanilla version
  • We got dead members (TFU was dead, ClickerGhost is finally gone, Nexus is gone, etc. etc. But also MasterSparky is dead, etc. etc. It's like we don't have comunications)
  • Etc. etc. that I can't mention, it's too full to fit here. You guys can post the important things
But I think it's about time I end it here. It's about time I change, it's about time I come up with a decision...

...It's almost time for me to leave this forum. Time is running out for me, I stayed with you guys for 3 years, but the truth is that I am just a ghost member, and I'm mostly run by a bot. So I guess you can say that the bot is outdated, and if it stops working, I might stop working. I've attempted to come back, but mostly they were just minor.
I'm just a user run by a bot.

Even you guys must have some important experience you wish to post here. It's about to come, the fall of Dashnet. The rise has been from 2013 to 2015, but from 2016 onward, the fall begun.

Soon, a important event will probably hit Dashnet, and we will probably lose comunication here. If it happens, I might never be able to see you guys again. So, we're going to plan something.

We should probably move to another forum. No, I don't mean moving the forums, I mean as we users. We users will HAVE to move, change forums to another populated, and with better comunication. The lack of posts here is causing my powers to deplete, and consequencely, causing my presence to slowly disappear.

I don't know how much longer can we stay here. I want to see you members changing forums, I want to see you guys comunicating in another forums, but maybe you will disagree with me.

Well, for those who were lazy to read, no this isn't a suicide message. Rather, I feel like my time is running out, and I might stop visiting here. I want to see you guys in another forums, but I think it may not be possible...I just want to see you guys and talk with you in another forums, preferibly one that have posts each some minutes and active one.

You guys can talk with me. You can tell us the most important events here and the sum of it, you can tell us the important moments, but if you're willing to move with me, you can recommend a populated forum. I prefer general, but you can choose ANY forums you'd like to post here.

I have the final moments here...
"Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't have to give up on the forums.

We'll keep it alive. If not by the people already here, then with a new generation of users. We can still act. Invite people to join the community. Tell your friends about the forum. It's better to get some new people in here than to just let it die.
    A new story is beginning.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭
    forum must live
    cease your tomfoolery

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty pessimistic, if anything I haven’t seen the forum get less or more popular than it is now for around a year, so it’s safe to assume we are in a stable sta..

-explosion heard outside, screaming included-
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • idcidc Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I accepted it long ago and just don't care any more. I have ways to contact those I want to. Though tbh that is not happening much either now.
    So bye I guess. Not gonna move to another forum with you though. There are only really 2 people I don't want to lose contact with but that is likely to happen anyway and already is. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

Not like anyone cares anyway. I'm just a troll here now tbh.
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not even a point in moving to a different forum. It's not the nation. It's the inhabitants.
    Besides, once-regulars still keep in touch through the likes of Slack. If you can't because you just don't have the time to anymore...
    That's a shame, but oh well, it happens.

DNF is not returning to what it was before because we evolved past that. If anybody still non-ironically says the old days were much better than what we are now, it's mostly nostalgia.

... Ah! Right! Before I forget.
    Yer leaving then? Stay safe out there! I promise that your memory will live on through me.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh,.. you reminded me

You’ve been a nice person, I didn’t know you much (except through a few Forum games), but hey, you will be missed by... people here

Farewell
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

forum must live

Dashnet was always bad and always will be bad
    It should've died when it was created
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Goldra said:

forum must live

Probably would have been a good thing if it was just never created.
    idc said:

Goldra said:

forum must live

^
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldra said:

idc said:

Goldra said:

forum must live

^
    @Opti
    i shouldnt even be alive at this point
    but i am
    Karlolin said:

Goldra said:

idc said:

Goldra said:

forum must live

^
    @Opti
    What
  • KarlolinKarlolin Member Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Goldra said:

Karlolin said:

Goldra said:

idc said:

Goldra said:

forum must live

^
    @Opti
    What
    Just some friendly advice for him if he'd somehow show up here again.

Also, @Idler, don't forget that the Slack and Discords still are pretty active. You can join us there if you want.
    i shouldnt even be alive at this point
    but i am
  • leunleun Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    idler is a bot and not a human?

explains a lot
    We need a good kongOT raid to make things fun around here.
  • PurgePurge Member, Friendly, Helpful Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the quitters club.
    ""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
  • leunleun Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    idc said:

We need a good kongOT raid to make things fun around here.

we dont even need to raid it, spambots already doing that
  • RegianRegian Member Posts: 62
    Too sad.
    My account is deleted.