Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Lost My Data-R.I.P?

BaragoxBaragox Member Posts: 1
Welp, i just logged in today after a firefox browser update. and to my suprise......everything was deleted.....more then 700 hours of gameplay. i havn't exported in ages (i forgot to.......) and the last checkpoint is so behind that I better off just quit it if I really don't have any way of getting it back Q-Q.

I hope there is some way to restore it (i'm really frustrated atm)......

If there is any info that I was supposed to give here in order to get my account back please tell me and I will send it shortly.

Thank You For Reading This,
Baragox :)

Comments

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always backup your save.

There's cheating (and "cheating") and save file manipulation to be done if you want to get back to where you were.

Always backup your save.

That's weird. Nothing happened to my save after the update. Do you still have everything else on your browser, such as bookmarks and history?

Always backup your save.
    Baragox said:

If there is any info that I was supposed to give here in order to get my account back please tell me and I will send it shortly.

There isn't. Trust nobody who says otherwise. (Not that there's anything dangerous about your CC information and stuff, it's just an idle game, but still.)
    always backup your save

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    This has happened, after your software updates, you lose your active save.

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SAVE.

Once a save is lost, you can’t get it back.
    cease your tomfoolery