Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Backfire percentages are BS, why?

orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
If Diminish Ineptitude is going to backfire literally 14 times out of the last 20 that I've tried to use it, why have it at all? You can't keep your other spells from backfiring at a ludicrous rate because DI is constantly backfiring, so your mana just sits there, unused over and over again. I only begain concentrating on DI because the backfire rate for spells without it was nearly 100% to begin with...

It would be one thing if backfires were supposed to be that common, and labeled as such. But putting 15% on there when it approaches 70%, CONSISTENTLY, is just BS. Either fix the number or have things backfire less, I'm sorry.

Comments

• ViniVini Member Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you reloading before trying to cast another spell or waiting for your mana to replenish?

• orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Vini said:

Are you reloading before trying to cast another spell or waiting for your mana to replenish?

Nah, I don't try to game it that way, and I'm aware of how and why that doesn't work. I've just experienced an extremely consistent, very high rate of backfires in all spells since coming back to CC (when I played last, there was no Grimoire). This is a new Legacy, though, not one from years ago.

For a few casts there, it seemed like Diminish Ineptitude wasn't going to do what the other spells were doing (namely, backfire 9 times out of 10), but after a handful of successful casts I had that last run of 20 that was so abysmal. I've done 5 more since then (I've had to be away from the keyboard a bit), and 2 of them backfired. Doesn't seem right to me, nowhere even close to 15%.
  • orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Perhaps the presence of a Golden Cookie buff has something to do with it? I finally cottoned to the idea that if you have a big enough bank and wait until a Frenzy or the like happens, you can get more out of Conjure Baked Goods since your rate is higher.

Except now that I'm trying to do that, it never seems to work because you can't actually CAST CBG without it backfiring (nearly 100% on its own, and Diminish Ineptitude more than 3 out of 4 times, at least during Golden Cookie buffs...)

But if that's the case, it should SAY SO, like Force the Hand of Fate does.