Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I'm New so I have a few Questions

Hello! I have very little experience with coding, but I thought I'd give this a try. I'll use this top post to show what questions I have and which have been answered. I'll update it when I have more questions/answers. Is that alright?

1. Can you put a limit on a resource? Also, can you remove a button/shiny once that limit has been reached?
2. It says on the rules you can use any images hosted on the server. Is there a way to look at what images are available?
3. This might be a glitch. The version number won't show properly if there's a period in it. For example, 0.2 appears as simply 0.
4. How do tags work with requirements? I'd like to have something unlock when you have all 15 of a certain type of upgrade, which is tagged with "tower."
5. Is there a way to sort the order of buildings/ upgrades/ etc. so I don't have to rearrange them in the code?
6. How do you know what prices to put things at?
7. This might also be a glitch. I have an upgrade that should add 1 to the points per second (pps). However, it gives 1 * # of different building types owned. So my pps is at 1 with two different building types purchased thus far. I buy the upgrade, expecting the pps to become 2, but instead, it becomes 3. (this is what it reads in the code- "passive:increase yield of point by 1")

I think that's all for now. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited December 6
    I'll try to answer a couple

1. Use an if statement for anything that yields that resource - if (resource<(limit)) yield 1 resource
    2. Add "img/" to the end of the cookie clicker URL
    7. Seems like it's increasing the yield of all buildings that produce points. See if either of these work:
    on tick:yield 1 point OR passive:increase points:ps by 1
  • LaxyakLovesLoZLaxyakLovesLoZ Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your help! I'll give those a try and report back later.
  • morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited December 11
    Oh, and for question 6, learn from other idle games. For example, Cookie Clicker currently has every building at a bit over 10x the cost of the last and about 5-7x faster, which works well. It also depends on the pace you want - for a slower game, make things cost more, and for a faster game make them cost less.