Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Memory Leak [Firefox, seasonal event triggered]

BannorBannor Member Posts: 3
Using Firefox 57.0.1 (64-bit), I encountered a memory leak. This leak only occurs after triggering the switch for the Christmas seasonal event.

I went from 350MB usage for the browser, to 7.6GB usage. No other tabs were utilized before or during this period. I began to monitor it after it became slow to the point of unresponsive, finally crashing.

The event switch wears off in a few hours, I will report back if the memory leak persists.

Comments

• BannorBannor Member Posts: 3
    Interestingly enough, the memory leak doesn't appear to happen when Firefox is changed to be a background process. Change it back, and the memory starts its slow climb again. My guess is that it is graphics related.
  • BannorBannor Member Posts: 3
    Towards the end of the seasonal event, the memory usage appears to have stabilized around 500MB, and has stayed there even outside the event. So, I don't know that I actually have anything here. Thanks for looking at this anyways.
  • erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is related, but there have been reports about big memory usage with some video ads.