Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Hide and Seek

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
Running.

I'm taking off running, my shoes clanking against the metallic floor, the demon trailing behind me with a knife in hand and a wide, fanged grin on his face. I need to lose him somehow or I'm fucked. I begin thinking of ways to get out of this situation before he kills me. I never gave his Void space a permanent design - he likes to change things around however he sees fit for his "games" - but he always gives his victims a chance, no matter how. My attention diverts to the steam vents. These vents are running all throughout the building. Probably for the aesthetic, but, perhaps, I can use them for another purpose.

Without another thought, I extend my hand towards a pipe as I pass it. A sharp bone fires out, however glitched and fragmented due to the damage I had already sustained during the original encounter. I don't have much magic, but I had to give myself something - I'm dealing with demons here, and whether I created them or not, I had to have some sort of defense against them, so I settled for this. I was always one for the Sans stuff, huh?

Anyway, the bone cuts through the vent, causing steam to rocket out and hit Shadow dead on. I continue running through the metal corridor, before slipping into the first room I see. A bedroom, by the looks of it. There's a closet, a bed, a lamp . . . among other things my mind is rushing too much to focus on right now. Because I won't fit underneath the bed and hiding in the lamp is just stupid, I settle for diving into the closet and closing the door carefully, so as to not cause noise. I sit on the ground, beginning to calm myself down. It's not like he'll see, right? He's never been the brightest, even though he likes to think he is. Guess we have that in common, huh?

Then, I hear him walk in. "Oh, Diamond͘ . ̨. ̶. C͏ome ͞o̶ut͡,҉ com͟e o͏u̵t, wh̴eréver͠ y͡o͏u̷ ͢ar̷e.͜~" His voice is glitching, changing in volume and pitch wildly every second, but seems to be more stable than usual - come to think of it, since my attempt at making him fade had failed his entire form has been glitching less than usual. I hold my breath. If he even hears my breathing, I'm fucked. He walks very close to the closet, almost alarmingly close - I can see him through the crack at the bottom of the door. He doesn't seem to notice me, however. So, he walks away. I soon hear the door of the bedroom close behind him. I crack the door open slightly to make sure he's gone. He's not in sight. I breath a sigh of relief, stepping out into the open.

Then, I feel a sharp pain in my back.

"Ni̷ce ̀t̸ry҉,͘ ͞D҉įa҉m͘ond͜,̢ but̴ ͏I͡'̨m̶ p̕ra̢c̸ti͝c̨a͜l͝l͡y͝ ̧om̵nipr̢es̵eńt͝ ͘in ͝thi͢ş ̴p͘lace.̨ You ͢m̡ade ͡m̧e̛ to͜o͠ ͜pow͟erful ̕f̷or yo̕ur own ̀g̀ood̷." I feel the blood begin to soak my clothes. The demon laughs, pulling the blade out and pushing me to the ground. Everything begins to fade around me.

Everything . . . goes . . . dark . . .

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on this wondering how a Hide and Seek forum game would work. Oops.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, go make a game or write a story or something

(That’s cool, GIVE ME MORE)
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, go make a game or write a story or something

(That’s cool, GIVE ME MORE)

Ask and ye shall receive.
    Chapter 2: Dust to Dust

---

I wake up in the room. Which is surprising, since I just died. I feel my back as I get up, right where I was stabbed. The wound is gone, the only remainder of the attack being the hole in my clothes and the memories. I'm almost as worried by this as by me having been stabbed not long earlier - and by my attempt at making Shadow fade, failing entirely.

With no demon hunting me at the time, I take the chance to take in my surroundings. There's a mirror on the wall above the bed . . . for some reason. I climb up, looking in the mirror . . . and then I see it. My eyes. They've turned pure black, demonic. I gasp in shock, and when my mouth is open, I see some small fangs.

Even knowing Shadow is probably still in the building, I can't help but let out a loud "what the fuck." I then notice . . . a note was left on the ground where I was stabbed. I pick it up, beginning to read it.

"Fall as a human. Rise as something much greater. Just like me. =)"

I narrow my eyes at the note. He . . . didn't just kill me. Then, I realize. He doesn't want me dead. He wants me to play his role from now on. The demon. The monster. He wants me to be the kind of entity he was.

Because he's taking control of the story. And what's a story without a villain?

I read the note over one more time. Then, a voice echoes in my head; He's tormented you for ages. It's only fair you do the same. "W-what?" This has been so much to process in the past few minutes. I'm almost at a panic. Throwing the note on the ground, I look in the mirror again, hoping to see myself normal again, that it's all just a dream. But no. I'm still a monster.

Then, I get an . . . interesting thought in my head. What exactly did Shadow allow me to do? I turn towards the note. I don't know why, but I feel like, whatever it is, I can . . . test it, on the note. I pick it up, focusing on the paper. Then, it begins . . . turning to dust. All that's left of it after a mere few seconds is a small pile of light grey dust in my hand.

It's strange. I thought, with this newfound power, I would feel confident. Ready to take on Shadow. But I just feel . . . angry. I speak, voice echoing throughout the room.

"Shadow . . . If you're hearing this . . . I'm coming for you."

• leunleun Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    im hiding from this thread come find me
    leun said:

Is it really necessary to announce that you're not going to participate in a thread?
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

leun said:

Is it really necessary to announce that you're not going to participate in a thread?
    You don't do that with every thread you visit?
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Goldra said:

leun said:

Of course not. Why would I?
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

Goldra said:

leun said:

Of course not. Why would I?
    Why wouldn't you
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10
    leun said:

Goldra said:

leun said:

Sh! I’m trying to read a story here!
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx