Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Is active play dead?

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
I'm at 20 billion prestige with c.5 billion more to add (nearly three weeks' worth) next ascension. Selling a Chancemaker and casting Spontaneous Edifice is netting me approx. 24 million prestige (gradually reducing) every 40min or so. I carry out this ritual a couple of times in the morning and 8-10 more times in the evening. It doesn't seem any amount of active play would have anywhere near the impact on prestige as this slow, steady, pretty much inactive technique of gradual incrementing.

So is that it? Is this the game from now on, barring the odd sugar lump upgrade?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully there'll be some new asymmetric upgrades (like the shakeup to synergies that I suggested a while ago to rebalance things) and impactful minigames coming soon.

But as I've said I think there won't be any new upgrade--at least not one making it easier to get sugar lumps--until a year after sugar lumps were introduced.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    isn't the combo of Frenzy + Building Special + Force the hand of fate and hope you get a click frenzy from it, a pretty powerful booster? That's active play at least :)
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Yup, but even a combo like that doesn't seem to achieve much at this stage. Bearing in mind selling a Chancemaker every forty minutes achieves 35 duodecillion, even if there were a rare combo that could achieve something similar, it seems it's just not worth the wait and the hassle of active play.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    I remember when I used to occasionally play actively. It seems a long time since I had the urge to do that, apart from the short time at the start of each run until I reach Golden Switch stage. Ah, memory.
    Hmm. Maybe I should try that for a while :)
  • DinkydauDinkydau Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    How does this work? You don't get any prestige level from sellling buildings as far as I know.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    You do once your Bank equals your Baked. At that point, every building you sell adds to both. So you run your buildings (except for the high-value ones -- some folks only do Chancemakers, I start when I have 400 Antimatter Condensers and fewer than 400 or Prisms and Chancemakers) up to 400. Then cast SE as often as you can. It gives you free high-value buildings. Sell the 400th building. You'll get the additional cookies for it, added to your bank. This closes the gap between "banked" and "baked" and eventually, they'll be equal. At that point, selling a building adds to the "baked" total as well as the "banked" and it adds prestige points.

Think of it as selling things you were given as a gift. You're getting money for something that didn't cost you anything.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Plus, when you go to sell them back at the end of your run, it does add to how much you'll get from the Chocolate egg.
  • Thez33krThez33kr Member Posts: 4
    With this my cookies hit the Tredecillion today, and it got kinda boring doing this. Theres not much else to do now. So be careful if you wanna do this, because its just as OP said...
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Thez33kr said:

So be careful if you wanna do this, because its just as OP said...

But my point is also that there seem to be no other options. With this strategy I'm hittig a tredecillion every three days - weeks, even months faster than it would get there with CPS alone. At present the only reason to play is for the sugar cubes.

Well, 19 hours of waiting for every sugar cube can hardly be considered "Active play" I guess?