Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

When is the right time?

SamdammSamdamm Member Posts: 3
When is the right time to ascend for the first time?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Bare minimum, 101 Heavenly Chips.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    I don't agree. With the new upgrade and sugar lumps, 101 HC takes several days (unless you play really active), and several days is enough to get a couple sugar lumps.

I would say, when you have about 5-10 HC (the second ascension will wait until you have ~100 and a few HC).
  • SamdammSamdamm Member Posts: 3
    mmmmm, I have 18 at the moment
    Sekhmet said:

I don't agree. With the new upgrade and sugar lumps, 101 HC takes several days (unless you play really active), and several days is enough to get a couple sugar lumps.

I would say, when you have about 5-10 HC (the second ascension will wait until you have ~100 and a few HC).

Fair enough. Sugar lumps really do change the game that way.
  • SamdammSamdamm Member Posts: 3
    I ended up ascending on 19, thanks for the Advice you two, it was much appreciated :)
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November 28
    Kind of moot, now but I would ascend the first time at 1. That unlocks the "Legacy" heavenly upgrade, which kicks everything off, plus gives you four achievements (Ascend with 1 million, 1billion, and 1 trillion, and Ascend once) for 20% on your milk and a sugar lump. Put the sugar lump on Wizards as soon as you can, buy nine wizards and you can cast Summon Baked Goods twice on one fill.

My second ascension would be when I had 3 more, to unlock the "Heavenly Cookie" for a permanent 10% boost to CPS, and to open up the way to the various angels/devils for the offline boosts.

Third ascension would be with either 7 more, for Belphegor to give me at least a little offline production, or 9 for How to Train Your Dragon. With Dragon, I'd forfeit cookies to get the Breath of Milk bonus as soon as I could.

Fourth would be with the other one of those two.

Then I'd ascend 6 more times at 1 or 2, to get the Ascend 10 times achievement, for another 5% on milk.

Playing to 101 HC with none of the extra upgrades available is a long boring slog. You need to bake a quintillion cookies to get 100 HCs, after the first one at a trillion. The permanent upgrade slots are nice, but they aren't cost-efficient in the very early game.
  • RegianRegian Member Posts: 62
    The first time when you play the game. Yes, at 0 Cookies. So you unlock all the sugar lump upgrade. After that, going to 1 trillion is a cakewalk.cookiewalk.
    My account is deleted.
    Regian said:

The first time when you play the game. Yes, at 0 Cookies. So you unlock all the sugar lump upgrade. After that, going to 1 trillion is a cakewalk.cookiewalk.

It doesn't count as an ascension if you haven't gotten at least 1 Heavenly Chip from it, though. Do sugar lumps still start growing if you ascend without getting your first HC?

And keep in mind that you will have to do some Born Again runs (where sugar lump levels won't count) to get a few achievements, like (True) Neverclick and Hardcore.
  • RegianRegian Member Posts: 62
    Whoops.
    My account is deleted.