Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Dashnet Epic Sci-Fi Battle™

UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 29 in Playground
This is another uio game that you can describe yourself.

You start with a capitol city, a commander and a unit factory. You can describe any type of unit you want as long as it's balanced (More offensive means less defensive)

You may make tons of little units or a big unit from a factory. You can send them out to attack other capitols (You probably wont kill anyone though, you'll need to seriously overwhelm)

Every turn you can either increase production or quality on a factory. You can make new buildings as long as it's spread out, you may do the same with heroes.

Factories don't have to produce units however, except for the fact you need them. You can have things like training grounds n shit. You don't really need to follow much as long as it kinda makes sense.

Uiotopia: (Cause I'm a smart boy)
Leader(s): Griff (Commander), Nick(Foreign Relations)
Buildings:
Trooper Barracks:
Makes a lightly armoured soldiers who rapidfire at close range to blast down foes. They travel in squads.
Production: 2
Quality: 2
Projection Vat MK1:
Projects a copy of the user to every squad in the battle. You can order each one around.
Mortar Bay:
A training facility to create mortar teams, weak siege units which come together to make larger, immovable cannons. However since of this capability these units have basically no armour due to carrying cannons. They come in small amounts in every squad.
Quality: 0

Jerilvite:
Leaders: Jaxon (Overlord), Jamie (Foreign Relations), Jenny (National Defence), Jerry (Battle Commander)
Buildings:
Nano-bot factory:
Makes extremely small robots that can not be hit by piercing or slashing weapons (Only bludgeoning like clubs, or AOE, like a mortar). They do negligible damage individually, but hundreds of them can take down even the greatest foes.
Production: 7

Federated Provinces of Aridite (FPA):
Leaders: Osira(leader) Hosrath(Forgien Alliance manager) Jemia(production of weapons) Asrain(Secretary of National Reasources) Palvan(War Commander) Slirvya(National Securiy/Defense) Dimirah(Technology Deveolpment)

Buildings:
Skyship Factory:
Makes a decently sized flying ship that can absorb most hits from energy or physical weapons-Medeocre weapons(type L phase banks-type D photon missiles-both can destroy a typical medium sized craft after a few volleys of shots [NO ONE SHOT KILLS HAVE EVER HAPPENED WITH THESE WEAPONS]) Slow maneuverability can’t really turn that fast- but can go really fast in a straight line(CAN TRAVEL IN SPACE)
Quality: 1
Cloaking Modules:
Allows a ship to fly undetected near cities, however doesn't mask sound and can still be heard if they fly near people. Reduces the amount a ship can travel while cloaked, as it drains energy.

Stormholt:
Leaders: Brainstorm(Emperor), Stormhawk (Knight), Stormprince (Leader of Production)
Buildings:
Hatchery:
Produces higher reptilians, or “dragon men”, dragon men are like men, but much tougher and slightly smarter, and learn faster
Production: 1
Quality: 3

Ragnarok: City of the fantasy
Leaders:
Alexander: King of all Knights and the 7th master swordsman (Knight)
Vel'ixia: Queen of the Elves, commander of nature (Archer)
Merriz: The High Wizard. A master of Magic (Mage)
Krogmight: Dwarven Expert Demolitionist. (Demolitionist)
Smoke: Head of the thief clan (Thief)
Necross: The Servant of the Underlord (Necromancer)

Buildings
Class Factory:
Able to train troops of the main 6 classes.
Production: 0

The Great Mechanite Republic
Leader(s): Jeef (Leader), Alberque (General), Quizzie (Tech) Potato(Internal Affairs), Lizzz (Diplomacy)
Buildings:
Mech Foundry:
Makes large, expensive, universal mechs that can easily be retrofitted to any engagement. A expensive but useful unit

The Etryan Democratic Union (EDU, domain is .edu)
Leaders: Juniper Majaal (Prime minister), Lars IV Gerhald Posse(Monarch), Hyun Vertiig (Minister of national-social affairs),

Chief of Technological development: 4Z10V (AZLOV) Is the AI In charge of Etryan tech development

Buildings:

Builder Factory:
This factory builds builder bots, able to fuse and become various objects of architecture or even other factories!
The weakness of these bots however is that you can easily unactivate them by going to the main server in the factory and turning it off.
However, the factory is made out of builder bots, so there obviously has to be another server.....

Post edited by Uiomancant on

Comments

• MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Jerilvite:

Leaders: Jaxon (Overlord), Jamie (Foreign Relations), Jenny (National Defence), Jerry (Battle Commander)
    Buildings:
    Nano-bot factory:
    Makes extremely small robots that can not be hit by piercing or slashing weapons (Only bludgeoning like clubs, or AOE, like a mortar). They do negligible damage individually, but hundreds of them can take down even the greatest foes.

Jaxon: Begin nano-bot production!
    Jamie: We will ally with the next nation created!
    Jenny: We need to station guards at our borders!
    Jerry: Umm... there's nothing for me to command...
    e^i*π=-1
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭
    edited November 21

Leaders: Osira(leader) Hosrath(Forgien Alliance manager) Jemia(production of weapons) Asrain(Secretary of National Reasources) Palvan(War Commander) Slirvya(National Securiy/Defense) Dimirah(Technology Deveolpment)

Buildings:
    Skyship Factory
    Makes a decently sized flying ship that can absorb most hits from energy or physical weapons-Medeocre weapons(type L phase banks-type D photon missiles-both can destroy a typical medium sized craft after a few volleys of shots [NO ONE SHOT KILLS HAVE EVER HAPPENED WITH THESE WEAPONS]) Slow maneuverability can’t really turn that fast- but can go really fast in a straight line(CAN TRAVEL IN SPACE)
    Production 0
    Quality 0

Osira- I shall lead this nation into the light!
    Hosrath- We mustn’t fire first!
    Jemia- SkyShip production has begun!
    Asrain- We have stuff! Lots of it!
    Palvan- I shall fight with honor!
    Slirvya- No attacks yet.
    Dimirah- Developing new stuff....
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ((You sure did go all in, good job. Added you to the OP))

The engineers at Uiocorp Totally Not A Evil Organisation Industries have begun work on a new technology. They're calling this a projection vat, Able to clone the leader in the emerging army so every squad can be guided by him. This copy will not be able to fight. In the future they hope he can be on the battlefield too, however this is far off.

Projection Vat MKI:
    Allows the user to be in many places at once, at the cost of not being there in person. Currently projecting Griff.

The first few squads of units are trained, going out to the nearby forest to make sure the ongoing wolf attacks are less frequent.

• NickCydenNickCyden Member Posts: 232 ✭✭

Leaders:
    Alexander: King of all Knights and the 7th master swordsman, a title passed down through generations.(Knight)

Vel'ixia: Queen of the Elven archers, and commander of the nature around her.(Archer)

Merriz: The High Wizard. A master in all forms of Spells and Sorceries.(Mage)

Krogmight: Leader of the Dwarfs and expert Demolitionist.(Demolitionist)

Smoke: Head of the thief clan, able to kill an entire village without getting caught. Not much of a talker however.(Thief)

Necross: The Servant of the Underlord, able to reanimate entire civilizations to do his bidding.(Necromancer)

(All Leaders act in unison as commanders by way of democratic vote. They never step onto the battlefield themselves, but instead they have apprentices that go fight on behalf of them, giving orders to the troops.)

Buildings
    Class Factory:Able to train troops of the main 6 classes.

Dialogue
    Alexander-"We shall wait to attack until we are attacked ourselves. Tis the Noblest, and possibly smartest move."
    Krogmight-"Eye. We don't want ta rush ourselves too much."
    Vel'ixia-"We had a late start onto the battlefield. We should quickly make some archers to make up for lost time."
    Vote 5/1 for producing archers
    edited November 21
    @NickCyden
    You know your archers and necromancers are going up against nanoprobes and starships, right?

Back to the project at hand..
    Project Photon is being developed in a secret base in an unknown location(except for me) deep below the cities and lakes of the FPA.

-This project is developing a cloak for airborne ships. Right now, the outline of the ship is still visible and the device itself is highly unstable.
    This device is also being retrofitted for flesh soldiers to be replaced with holographic soldiers-also still highly experimental(WARNING- HOLOGRAPHIC CIRCUTS UNSTABLE- CHANCE OF HOLOGRAMS GOING ROUGUE-85%

@Lava_Entity

...OK? Not sure how that's supposed to matter in the long run, but sure.
    I begin work on a software system for the nano-bots that will allow them to automatically communicate amongst themselves, so they can follow orders more easily without human intervention. I send Jamie to the FPA, and ask to form an alliance. I appoint Jayce as the leader of Technology Development.

Jerilvite:

Leaders: Jaxon (Overlord), Jamie (Foreign Relations), Jenny (National Defence), Jerry (Battle Commander), Jayce (Technology Development)
    Buildings:
    Nano-bot factory:
    Production: 0 (1?)

Jaxon: Increase nano-bot production speed!
    Jamie: I request council with Hosrath! @Lava_Entity
    Jenny: We need to station guards at our borders
    Jerry: Umm... there's still nothing for me to command...
    Jayce: Software update 1.1 in progress

Nano-bot software

Complete:
    1.0 Nano-bots can perform basic functions. They can fly, and able to interpret basic orders like moving, attacking, or regrouping.

WIP:
    1.1 Nano-bots now automatically communicate amongst themselves, and can interpret slightly more complex orders, like moving as a swarm, or sending individual scouts.
    1.2 Nano-bots have the ability to pickup items as a group, and are able to carry out almost all reasonable orders, including forming into formations, and act like a hive mind.
    1.3 Nano-bots can carry out any order a human could, as if a human was directly piloting the nano-bot.
    1.4 Nano-bots as a collective now act as if a human was directly piloting each one, and all those humans had the ability to process thousands of stimuli at once, all had near light speed communication with one another, had near perfect reflex speeds, and were all simultaneously receiving orders from a single commander.
    2.0 Nano-bots now have a telepathic link with their commander.
    2.1 Nano-bots can now predict what their commander will be thinking up to 10 seconds into the future, and act accordingly.

Nano-bot hardware

Complete:
    1.0 Tiny wings, can fly, can survive in normal conditions, and light winds.

WIP:
    1.1 Can survive in abnormal temperatures, and can retain stable flight in moderate winds
    1.2 Can survive in extreme temperatures, and can retain stable flight in strong winds
    1.3 Can survive in nearly any possible temperature, and can retain stable flight in near hurricane winds, as well as in the rain, in storms, or under high or low pressure.
    1.4 Can survive anywhere on the surface of Earth
    1.5 Can survive anywhere on Earth
    2.0 Can survive anywhere, and can "fly" in space.
    e^i*π=-1
    edited November 21
    ((Magic is fine, It'll just be balanced, Also you can increase quality/production whenever just mention it and I'll add it up.))

The engineers at Uiocorp Totally Not A Evil Organisation Industries have begun work on a new technology. The overclocking switch on their guns. This will let the soldiers able to unload all their stored energy at once, allowing them to blast off important members in the army.
    (Increase in quality)

Nick has been promoted to Foreign Relations person dude.. whatever he does. Nobody cares about Nick.

Jerilvite:

Leaders: Jaxon (Overlord), Jamie (Foreign Relations), Jenny (National Defence), Jerry (Battle Commander), Jayce (Technology Development)

Nano-bot factory:

Jaxon: Increase nano-bot production speed. MORE NANO-BOTS!
    Jamie: I request council with Hosrath! Lava_Entity
    Jenny: Our defence is weak, we need more troops.
    Jayce: Software update 1.1 in progress, low funding, so progress is slow.

How many nano-bots do I have now, and how many am I producing per round?
    e^i*π=-1

How many nano-bots do I have now, and how many am I producing per round?

I dunno, You have quite a few barrels of them. Aren't they tiny?

Anyway, like normal people they install a obstacle course at the training place for the infantry. Dems a quality up again bby.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Brain-Stormholt, also known as Stormholt
    (Nobody will get the damn reference)
    Leaders: I and only I, Brainstorm
    Oh, and Stormhawk, my son, Highest Knight, and Stormprince, Leader of production.

Hatchery
    Produces higher reptilians, or “dragon men”, dragon men are like men, but much tougher and slightly smarter, and learn faster
    Production: 1
    Quality: 1

Let’s spread out and explore our surroundings
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    Jerilvite:

Nano-bot factory:
    Production: 3

Jamie: I request council with Hosrath! Lava_Entity
    e^i*π=-1

First cloak test is successful, it can cloak small fighters for minimum visability by the enemy.(Warning-still unstable)

The first few ships are Antares class freighters, only five have been made.
    Production 5
    Quality 1

Osira- I shall lead this nation into the light!
    Hosrath- I shall accept to meet with Jaimie (@MrMonkey7th)
    Jemia- SkyShip production has begun!
    Asrain- We have stuff! Lots of it!
    Palvan- I shall fight with honor!
    Slirvya- No attacks yet.
    Dimirah- Developing new stuff....

Leaders:
    Alexander: King of all Knights and the 7th master swordsman, a title passed down through generations.(Knight)

Vel'ixia: Queen of the Elven archers, and commander of the nature around her.(Archer)

Merriz: The High Wizard. A master in all forms of Spells and Sorceries.(Mage)

Krogmight: Leader of the Dwarfs and expert Demolitionist.(Demolitionist)

Smoke: Head of the thief clan, able to kill an entire village without getting caught. Not much of a talker however.(Thief)

Necross: The Servant of the Underlord, able to reanimate entire civilizations to do his bidding.(Necromancer)

High Lord Wulnier: The oldest member of the council, and with that, the wisest. He is proficient in many skills, yet his body is too weak to use them anymore. Nowadays he's only used for solving ties within voting.

(All Leaders act in unison as commanders by way of democratic vote. They never step onto the battlefield themselves, but instead they have apprentices that go fight on behalf of them, giving orders to the troops.)

Buildings
    Class Factory:Able to train troops of the main 6 classes.

Dialogue
    Merriz-"The enemy grows stronger with alliances. We should follow suit and strengthen our numbers."
    Vel'ixia-"Right. I shall request an audience with the leader of Stormholt. All in favor?"
    Vote 4/2 for the alliance with Stormholt @Brainstorm

Alexander-"Next on the agenda. What is the next squad type we produce. I say knights, as combined with the archers, they make a strong base defense. Any opposed?"
    Vote 6/0 for producing knights

Merriz-"Alright, lastly, shall we increase Production, or Quality?"
    Vote 3/3 for Production or Quality
    Alexander-"Alright, we're hung. High Lord Wulnier?"
    Wulnier-"I say production. Strength in numbers is very important."
    ((Everything should be in order, you can continue without me as long as you have all your up to date changes))

Nick will be alerted to a possible alliance, and immediately call them back for a meeting via screens. If you answer, You'll be meeted with a person in ordinary clothes looking down at something. Probably some papers, he's new on the job.

Meanwhile at le training facility, you'll now find there's an expansion, allowing the creation of soldiers quicker than before, increasing production

Jerilvite:

Nano-bot factory:
    Production: 4

Nano-bot barrels: 6
    Software: 1.0
    Hardware: 1.0

Jamie: See below
    Jerry: I have nano-bots!

-----
    Jamie: @Lava_Entity

"Hosrath, I propose an alliance between the country of Jerilvite and the Federated Provinces of Aridite. By allying our nations, we increase our strength greatly. We would be easily able to fend off attacks from either of our nations, because we would simply send troops over to the others nation to help with the battle. I propose we call our alliance the Council Of Powerful Experts, or the COPE for short. In the future, we might invite other nations to join the COPE, but for now, it will be just us. Here would be the terms of our agreement:

When a nation in the COPE is under attack, the others must, if requested, send a minimum of 25% of their troops to the the nation being attacked. The exception to this is that if you yourself are at war, you need not send troops to other nations. The troops that a nation sends to another nation will still be under full control of the nation sending them.

All nations in the COPE will send permanent guard of a amount up to their discretion to all other nations in the COPE. These troops will be under the command of the nation they are guarding, but must also be cared for accordingly by the nation controlling them.

You may leave the COPE at any time when no nations in the COPE are under attack. Before leaving, all troops stationed as a permanent guard in the nation leaving the COPE are to be sent back to the nation originally controlling them.

A new nation may join the COPE if at least 66% of the nations in the COPE vote to allow it. Nations that have been in the COPE get 1.5 votes in this procedure if they have been in the COPE for at least 10 updates.

Do you accept these terms Hosrath, do you wish to make amendments to them, or do you wish to opt out?"

-----
    Uio: Does this system sound reasonable:
    My Production stat is the number of barrels of nano-bots I produce per round, and every 2 levels of quality, I increase either software or hardware by one step on the scale that I posted last round.
    e^i*π=-1
    edited November 22

@MrMonkey7th
    Hosrath: I agree to these terms, an alliance shall make both our nations stronger, and it is our nation’s interest to forge relations with others.

In terms of perminent gaurd, We shall send 4 Antares-class ships over to defend your territory.
    (Note- these are reasonably large at about 450 meters in length)

Antares class

News: Cloak can now be used on larger vessels, rendering them transparent!

Production:
    Skyships:
    Antares Class:
    Production:10
    Quality:2 (now with cloak!)

edited November 22
    waaa is this glich
    (apologiez for doblpost)

edited November 22
    @Lava_Entity How is your production 10 already? You are only allowed to upgrade either production OR quality by 1 every round. Also, I send over 3 barrels of nano-bots, along with their controller.

EDIT: BTW, that drawing is really cool.
    e^i*π=-1
    The hardware/software is just rp shit, all that matters is the combined level of prod and qual. Your hangar burned down as your factory was overworked, you have no ships to send. Combined level set to 3 unless you can justify why you have 13 points when the rest of us have 3-4.

After all the preparations, I'll send a alliance invite to Jerilvite by sending a message about technologies in development.

We here are Uiotopias research facilities have things you might find interesting. We've come up with a design for modular weapons, so you can truly have strength in numbers. This will allow the construction of very powerful weapons out of small but equally functional parts.

This technology could potentially used on stealth missions where a large army isn't required, but still having heavy weaponry.

Have you accept this alliance, you shall receive blueprints to an application of this technology, free of charge.

Regards, Nick

((Just a note, if you don't accept, I'll use this as my periodic building creation thing.))

Uio:

Jamie: "I will have to confer with the FPA, but I am interested. Do you wish to join the COPE?"
    Terms of the COPE:
    When a nation in the COPE is under attack, the others must, if requested, send a minimum of 25% of their troops to the the nation being attacked. The exception to this is that if you yourself are at war, you need not send troops to other nations. The troops that a nation sends to another nation will still be under full control of the nation sending them.

All nations in the COPE will send permanent guard of a amount up to their discretion to all other nations in the COPE. These troops will be under the command of the nation they are guarding, but must also be cared for accordingly by the nation controlling them.

You may leave the COPE at any time when no nations in the COPE are under attack. Before leaving, all troops stationed as a permanent guard in the nation leaving the COPE are to be sent back to the nation originally controlling them.

A new nation may join the COPE if at least 66% of the nations in the COPE vote to allow it. Nations that have been in the COPE get 1.5 votes in this procedure if they have been in the COPE for at least 10 updates.

-----

Nano-bot factory:
    Production: 5

Nano-bot barrels: A few

Jamie: See below
    e^i*π=-1
    @MrMonkey7th
    So in that case, I’ll send over 2 of my 4 that I have made fairly at this point.

Production:
    Skyships:
    Antares Class:
    Production:4
    Quality:1

Uh well.
    Let’s continue exploring our surroundings, since you don’t give us something to be exact, the area is pretty thick with forestry and hills range to the west, I’ll make more dragon men and we train them how to cut trees.

Meanwhile, building a forge has started... bases are built from surrounding resources and more are collected

Let’s accept that alliance with Nick

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    ((Brainstorm it wasn't aimed at you D:))

You receive another message after the fact.

We will not be able to send such resources to you at this moment, as our army is weak. Fracturing it more would have adverse effects. We will hope to discuss this again at a later date but you ask too much

-Nick

Starting construction of the Mortar Bay:
    A training facility to create mortar teams, weak siege units which come together to make larger, immovable cannons. However since of this capability these units have basically no armour due to carrying cannons.

Nano-bot factory:
    Production: 6

Nano-bot barrels: Some

Jamie: Thank you Nick, you would most certainly have my vote should you wish to join the COPE. @Uiomancant
    Jenny: Our defence is mediocre, we need more troops.
    e^i*π=-1
    Oh, I actually meant nickcyden.. this is confusing

Now, continuing clearance of forestry, forge has been built and a few newly-hatched dragon men will be taught how to craft simple longswords, hammers and axes, axes will be given to choppers, hammers given to builders, and swords left for now

Meanwhile, builders have started building a small facility to train men how to use the longsword

• SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    edited November 23
    The Great Mechanite Republic

Leader(s): Jeef - Leader, Alberque - General, Quizzie - Tech, Potato - Internal Affairs, Lizzz - Diplomacy
    Buildings:
    Mech Foundery:
    Makes large, expensive, universal mechs that can easily be retrofitted to any engagement. A expensive but useful unit

Jeef:
    "Alreet ye feeks, let's feeking get some shite"
    Alberque:
    "Dammnit, let's get some goddam mechs in here! I WANT MY GODDAMN ROBOTS!"
    Quizzie:
    "Let's see if we can get some reaserch labs or something, cmon. My department is more underfunded then nasa."
    Potato:
    "Uh, maybe get some farms or something. That would be nice, less starvation
    Lizzz:
    Wait, where is lizzz? Someone check the bar
    Post edited by Sirfish on
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
    edited November 23

News: Cloak can now be used on larger vessels, rendering them transparent!

Production:
    Skyships:
    Antares Class:
    Production:6
    Quality:2 (now with cloak!)

((
    You can post multiple times with eachother and do shit, If I see anything wrong I'll stick my leg up your ass though, so I guess I understand
    Also I added cloakers as a factory since that's a major thing, if you make other ships it'll apply. However I hope you realise ships make a fuck ton of noise when flying.
    Also check your page for numbers, some weren't up to date and they've all been fixed.
    ))
    Anyway, onto the main attraction.

My engineers shall finish working on the modular mortar meme. Each squad of units will be around ~15% mortars. They'll probably only upgrade to around a tank cannon's power, no meganukes.

Mortar Bay:
    A training facility to create mortar teams, weak siege units which come together to make larger, immovable cannons. However since of this capability these units have basically no armour due to carrying cannons. They come in small amounts in every squad.
    Quantity: 0

Nano-bot factory:

Nano-bot barrels: A fair amount

Jamie: If anyone wishes to join the COPE, I would be happy to give you the terms of the agreement.
    Jenny: Our defence is mediocre, we need more troops.
    Jerry: I agree with Jaxon. MORE NANO-BOTS!
    e^i*π=-1