Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Clicker kills my sound

NameyoNameyo Member Posts: 1
CC Running Version: 2.0042
Browser Version: Firefox 57.0 (64-bit)

When I play Cookie Clicker, sometimes a sound playing will knock out ALL of my audio drivers, forcing me to click my volume button down in the taskbar to get the troubleshooter program to run and boot my audio back up. This happens whenever I click the cookie especially rapidly or buy a lot of buildings. If I had to guess, the glitch is related to audio playing. Other than sound sometimes seeming a bit choppy (especially when its about to knock my audio out), I didn't hear anything especially unusual. The glitch does not occur if I turn the volume all the way down in Cookie Clicker's settings. This type of thing has not happened anywhere else in my web browsing routine.

I use Cookie Monster (run through Tampermonkey) for helping decide which buildings to buy, but I disabled it to see if it was the cause of the glitch. The glitch still occurs, Cookie Monster or not. That was the only add-on I used.

I can provide additional information if that will help solve the glitch.

Comments

• allenhunterallenhunter Member Posts: 1
    What? How it possible?
    This site is very useful. Here I have found a lot of support and useful advices
  • AktanAktan Member Posts: 7
    I would say it's your audio drivers, nothing to do with CC. Check to see if there are updates to your audio drivers.
  • cookielover92cookielover92 Member Posts: 2
    use chrome