Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

God of Magic

MorpheusMorpheus Member Posts: 4
What it sounds on the tin. A pantheon god that buffs magic.

Name: Merlin(or something else)
Diamond: magic regenerates twice as fast, spells base backfire rate increased to 30%
Ruby: magic regenerates 1.5 times as fast, spells backfire 25%
Jade: magic regenerates 1.3 times as fast, spells backfire 20%

what do you think? a good way to integrate the mini games somewhat, pointless, or something else?

Comments

• MorpheusMorpheus Member Posts: 4
    Another, related idea:
    New spell:

Speed Worship:
    Magic Cost: 10 + 50% of max
    Effect: Instantly gain one worship swap
    Backfire: Unsocket a random god, or if no gods are socketed, loose one worship swap
  • kermanklookermankloo Member Posts: 5
    hi
  • orobourosorobouros Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I like most of these ideas to one degree or another. How about a version of Stretch Time that affects Sugar Lump growth? Or, somewhat tangential, a Dragon Aura that shortens sugar lump growth?

Hell, let's be honest, ABSOLUTELY ANY DAMNED THING that shortens sugar lump growth. Sheesh. Let us trade like 10% of all-time baked for a lump or 10 hours progress toward a lump or SOMETHING.

While I'm threadjacking... exactly what level and how many towers do you need to be able to cast Spontaneous Edifice with Diminish Ineptitude to avoid the seemingly-all-but-guaranteed-and-nowhere-near-15%-of-the-time backfire? I've level 5 towers and nearly 400 of the damned things and I'm nowhere near able to have enough mana (like over 25 short) to cast it without far too much risk of backfire. Seems like I will never get there after all this time.
  • kermanklookermankloo Member Posts: 5
    I think they put more things on the legacy
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I believe it is impossible to get enough mana to cast Diminish Ineptitude and Spontaneous Edifice simultaneously. You would need at least 500 mana, which would require far into the thousands of wizard towers.

If you are really having such terrible luck with backfires, I would recommend ascending to see if that helps. If I recall correctly, each new ascension is given a seed from which to generate magic spell casts/backfires. It is possible for these seeds to be heavily biased towards backfires, so ascending and getting a new seed should help.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Unless you're willing to burn a sugar lump to refill your mana between them, it's matematically impossible to cast both DI and SE at the same time. DI requires 20% of your mana, +5 more, SE requires 80% +20. That means casting them both requires 100% +25.

So you have to regenerate 25 mana in the five minutes that DI is in effect. The fastest regen rate seems to be .06 point/sec, or 16.5 seconds per point. That's just under four points a minute, or 18.18 points regen-ed in five minutes. You'll be seven points short when DI expires.

Can't be done without reloading the mana through something other than time elapsed.
    Post edited by Maddie on
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I don't know if the costs for spells have changed but currently SE only requires 20 + 75%, making the total cost 25 + 95%. I believe it is technically doable to get the required 500 mana, though it requires many many many Wizard Towers that cost over Infinity cookies.

It would be interesting to see someone test this through cheating to find out if it's actually possible.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That's been changed, then. It was 20+80%. I stand corrected.

The other possibility is if leveling up the Towers far enough past 10 produces a .07 (or higher) regen speed or enough more mana per Tower.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    The regeneration speed can never exceed 0.06/s. That's a consequence of how mana regeneration is coded.

As for what it would take to get 500 mana...

At level 1 Wizard towers, you would need over 17,800 Wizard towers to have 500 mana.

With 1 Wizard tower, it would have to be at least level 321965369678873 to have 500 mana, which would require 51830849636226837662256114501 sugar lumps.

In my distribution, I have 509 Wizard towers (they are already at level 5--I level up my buildings evenly as future-proofing for later minigames). At this number, they would have to be at least level 20823213281937 to have 500 mana.

In other words, it's utterly impractical to get 500 mana naturally, and thus be able to cast Diminish Ineptitude and Spontaneous Edifice back to back without using a sugar lump to refill your mana.