Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Hardcore (Sign ups OPEN)

245

Comments

  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993
    (Flashlight, Knife, Grappling hook, Rotten meat) -> Cardboard box
    95/100
    Left arm injured
    Which way are you running (it matters). Towards the water source or away from it?
    -----
    @Brainstorm

    Yeah sorry.
    -----
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    85/100
    No injuries

    You keep running, and take another 10 damage, but manage to close the remaining distance to the shack. You see no doors into it on this side of the building however, and no windows either. The roar behind you has grown louder and louder, drowning out every other sound. It feels like it is right behind you, getting closer with every moment.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck . . . no, you know what?"

    Turn around and prepare to fight this fucking creature. I'm probably gonna die anyway.

    ((Why is it even possible to have such a terrible spawn location anyway? Not only in the middle of the fucking desert, but with a monster right there? I mean, I'm not an expert, but when you can be killed by pure force of bad starting RNG, there's something to work on here.))
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when are we opening again?
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    I run toward the water source. Maybe this will save me.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    85/100
    No injuries

    You turn around, and are faced with a huge cloud of moths! The roar you heard is from the beating of their many wings. The sunlight flashes off their wings and off of the the black (red?) sand. It creates a mirage of dancing colours and flashing lights, beautiful but ultimately painful. You take 10 damage from them smacking into various parts of your body, and also choose two of these effects:
    • In your throat: You cannot speak
    • In your ears: You cannot hear
    • In your nose: You cannot perform any task that require concentration, because of the terrible stench of dead bug.
    • In your eyes: 40% chance of 10 damage, 40% of blindness for ~15 minutes, 20% chance of nothing happening
    (You're not going to die just because of a bad starting location. This game is meant to be difficult, not un-fun.)
    -----
    @Brainstorm

    Currently, the game is closed indefinitely. If some people quit, or it's clear that multiple other people want to join, then I will probably open it up again.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    (Flashlight, Knife, Grappling hook, Rotten meat) -> Cardboard box
    95/100
    Left arm injured

    You run towards the source of the water, and presently, you see the end of the Roof, and the light of day. The city abruptly comes to an end, there is a few meters where the concrete transitions into grass, and then a jungle begins. But just as you make it out, the roof closes on your leg, and is starting to crush it! Choose one:
    • Your right leg is cut off, and you take 20 damage, then take another 5 damage every minute, till the bleeding stops.
    • You manage to pull out your leg, but take 60 damage in the process.
    • You manage to quickly free your leg, and take no damage, but only by quickly dropping all your items and using your hands to get extra leverage. This would mean all of your items are crushed under the Roof.
    • You try and use your knife to cut off your leg. 40% chance that you manage to gather the will power to do it and only take 10 damage, 60% chance I apply two other effects, randomly.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    I manage to quickly free my leg dropping all my items.
    A real jungle begins? Well I know perfectly what to do next.
    But first I'll try to do something with my injured arm - can I just wrap it around with soft bark from saplings and it will be better?
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993
    No items
    95/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 1/10)

    You get your leg out from under the Roof, and realize that the roof was actually just a huge metal plate, about three meters thick, that was brought down upon the city. It was being pushed down by huge pistons, each as wide as you are tall, and now continue to grind into the ground, continuing down beneath the streets. The water source is actually the rain falling from the sky. You look up and see that the sky is once again starting to grey, and already the plants look slightly shrivelled. Despite this, you still grab some tree bark and wrap your arm in it, it starts to heal!

    Every round you refrain from doing anything more strenuous then slowly walking, your arm gains a heal point. If you run or jump or do something strenuous with the rest of your body, then the number of heal points you have stays the same. If you try and use your arm for anything, your heal points reset back to 0.

    Coming from the canopy above you hear the chatters of monkeys, screeches and cries that actually settle your nerves, they are much more comforting than the silence from the dead city. Aside from that, all you can hear are the sound of rain slapping large leaves, and your own heartbeat, and breathing, both still quite fast from the recent sprint.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throat and eyes.

    LOGIC:

    - Not being able to speak doesn't affect me much. I could always use sign language if I want to talk to someone, or other visual things.
    - Not being able to hear could be a very big deal. Not being able to hear if some more monstrous bastards are right there. Plus, I mean, it's like a more effective version of throat.
    - Not being able to concentrate on anything would be a major hindrance. A lot of things require concentration.
    - I at least have a chance of not getting hit by something too hard with eyes. 40% chance of a big deal(permanent damage), 60% chance of nothing happening.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    I try to find a river. I walk, no reason to hurry.
    A quick question, will I ever find a friendly person, that can help me?
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    No injuries

    Your logic makes sense. Unfortunately, you got unlucky with the random effect on the eyes, and took 10 damage, even applying your trait. Now that the moth storm has passed, you look around and realize that the sand is completely black, though the shack and well are still there. The smoke has ceased coming out of the chimney however now, but you hear sounds of footsteps coming from inside.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    95/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 2/10)

    You start walking, trying to find a source of water. Unfortunately, you don't manage to do so. Through gaps in the leaves, you see the sky continuing to darken, much like you saw back in the alley. The rain still falls though, meaning there is a clear path from the clouds to the ground.

    I wasn't planning on including a friendly NPC in your world, but if you want it, I will include in the future at some point. Might not be for a while though, as I already have the jungle "scene" planned out.
    -----
    @Lava_Entity

    You still interested? I know Brainstorm wants to join, so if you aren't into it anymore, I would like to open up your spot.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ready my weapon yet, but be ready to ready my weapon. Could be a friend possibly?
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    Again that stupid roof? Really? Or is it just night? I'll try to walk out of this jungle and find a good looking stick, that I can use as a club.
    You don't have to include friendly NPCs, but you can.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    No injuries

    You hear the footsteps stop for a few moments, then continue. They don't seem to have noticed you. As you are debating weather to make yourself known, you realize something: You are no longer hot. Still thirsty, parched in fact, but not hot. The black sand even feels cold through your shoes, and as you bend to touch it, it feels like snow, but un-meltable.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    95/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 3/10)

    Yes, it's just night time, you see some stars appear, and you know all is well, though you are hungry, tired, and thirsty, and it is started to get quite dark.

    You look around, and quickly manage to find a good sturdy stick. Presently, a faint rustling is heard, and you think you hear something breathing about five meters behind you. Your head is tired though, it is probably just your imagination... Or is it?
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh . . .

    Sneak around the house to find the door.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    I look behind at whatever is breathing that loudly. If it's an enemy I attack it.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    No injuries

    You go around to the other side of the house, and find an intact, but shoddy, wooden door. You briefly wonder where the wood for the house could have come from in this desert, but decide it is of no consequence. The beaten hatch looks worn, and is cracked in multiple places. The hinges, also made of wood, barely support the weight of the thick planks.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    90/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 4/10)

    You turn around, and find nothing there. It really is just your sleepy mind playing tricks on you. You take 5 damage from the phycological stress as you realize you're falling apart. Just then, you hear some more rustling behind you. It sounds like something large is about to pounce on you from behind!
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open it and go inside, obviously.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    Eh, whatever. I know it's nothing. I go to a safe place and sleep.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    No injuries

    You enter the shack. You know how there are those structures that look quite small on the outside, but then turn out to be fairly spacious on the inside, like an igloo? Well, this is not one of those places. The shack already looked small from the outside, and then when you enter, it seems like it's even smaller. It doesn't help that the main resident of the place is a huge behemoth of a man, standing about what looks like 8 feet tall. He immediately says "Oh ho, a visitor. I don't get many of those around these parts. You managed to survive the moth storm?"
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    90/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 5/10)

    You decide this place is as safe as any, and lay down to rest. What do you dream about? Make sure to mention at least one type of animal, one type of object, and one impossible magic effect. Be warned, it will effect your future! (Though maybe not in any ways you will be able to perceive from your point of view as the user.)
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    EDIT: I can't talk, I forgot about that.

    Say nothing, but communicate with sign language.

    "I survived, but they did mess me up some. I can't talk now."
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    Animal - monkey, object - palace, magic effect - invisibility.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    Can't speak, moth infection

    He doesn't understand what you are saying, but concludes that you can't speak. "Got some down your throat eh? Yeah, the little buggers. There's a reason not many come out here. Well I can offer you some water from the well outside, but no food. Not that it would do you much good anyway. If those moths have gotten inside of you, you'll die from them before you die from hunger." He elaborates: "Yup, those terrible moths eat you from the inside out. Only cure is to swallow a spider to eat them, but I don't know where you'd find one around here. Anyways, you'd best be going now, before you start coughing them up and you infect me. Come on now, scat!" He points to the door.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    90/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 6/10)

    You wake up the next morning, feeling thoroughly refreshed, and find yourself in a dark cave. to one side of you, faint light emanating from the rising sun. From the other side, footsteps, too heavy to be human. So far, it doesn't seem like the thing knows you're awake, but you can't be certain how long that will last.
    -----
    @Brainstorm @Lava_Entity

    Lava_Entity, I am opening up your position, as you have been inactive for too long. Brainstorm, if you want the newly freed opening, then please tell me within two days. Once two days have passed, I will open up the position to anyone.
    -----
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    Run out of the cave and hide from that beast.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d have really wanted to keep it for Lava, since he may come online
    if I take it, can I start over with my own profile?
    If so, yes
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . . Are you fucking kidding me?

    So that's it, then? I'm just fucked from the start?

    . . .

    This game is bullshit but yet I'm only more determined to survive now. If not with this character, with another one.

    Leave, I guess. Go get that water from the well. Keep a close eye out for spiders. I attempt to say "fuck," but no sounds that anyone can understand comes out of my mouth.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @tommo1993
    No items
    90/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 6/10)

    You try and run out of the cave, but find yourself inexorably turned around, and running the opposite direction, toward the figure. As you get closer, you realize his shape is human, and infect is a slender woman, with a perfect frame, but you can't make out her details in the dim light "Hello," she says, in a creamy slow flowing voice. "Welcome. I suppose I should do something about that light." You see her concentrate for a moment, and a clinical blue light fills the cave, with no identifiable source. You now see her in earnest, and she is exceptionally beautiful drop dead gorgeous. As you watch, it seems like her body is slowly shifting into what you think to be the ideal features. Suggested options:

    Remember, try and role play what your character would do, not what would be the best choice. Also, you don't have to do any of these things, they are just some suggestions in this instance.
    • Faint.
    • "Wow. You are hot..."
    • See if you can manipulate her features by changing your perception of a "perfect" woman.
    • Run
    • "Why the hell am I here?"
    • "Let me go."
    • "How are you doing that?"
    *BTW, I am assuming you are a male, but maybe that's a bit presumptuous. If not, just swap around all the male and female pronouns.
    -----
    @Brainstorm

    Yes, of course you get your own character. What is your item and trait?
    -----
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    Can't speak, moth infection stage I

    You head over to the well, and pull up the pail. You take a quick drink, and spy something some distance down the well. It's small, black, and looks like it's a spider! But wait, how could that be? The guy from the shack said that there were no spiders around here. Was he lying, or is this a trick. You hear a footstep behind you, and here something whooshing through the air towards you...
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Club, resourceful
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Posts: 493Member ✭✭
    "Who are you? What are you doing here?"
    After saying that I try to manipulate her features by changing my perception of a "perfect" woman. I try to make her a bit different first, like changing her hair color, face, eyes, etc. Then I try to make my perception wierd, I mean anatomically wrong in every way, but still attractive. After that I make her staggeringly ugly.
    If she changes and is not friendly I hit her with my fist (try to go for the liver, because that's the most vulnerable spot that you can punch) and then run away.
    If she changes but is still friendly I try to back off.
    If she doesn't change I try to approach her more closely.
    If she attacks instantly I try to retaliate.

    I can type those "If's" forever, but too lazy to do that.

    I remember that you've got jungle scene planned when I asked about friendly NPCs, so I'm not sure about that thing.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,848Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it is wooshing towards me, I dodge it and quickly grab the spider and take off running.
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 1,315Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Brainstorm
    Club, Knife, Clothes
    100/100
    No injuries

    You wake up, and find yourself in a small dark room, packed with cardboard boxes. A stale scent hangs in the air. You hold a club in your hand, and a knife rests beside you, on top of a spare change of clothes, folded neatly. Coming from outside the door, you hear sounds, voices to be specific, and the clanging of metal on metal, though it doesn't sound like a fight.
    -----
    @tommo1993
    No items
    90/100
    Left arm injured (Healed 7/10)

    You query: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"
    She replies "Another test subject, just like you. I was once running around the Erelect virtual hyper-complex, the EVC, till I realized the truth. I can show you if you want, but you'll have to trust me. If you don't want to know, I'll wipe this little experience from your memory, and you can be on your way."

    When she says Erelect, something in your mind stirs, something just out of reach.

    You try and manipulate her features, and manage to do so, shifting her hair colour slightly. She notices, and says "Yes, you have the gift, that much is certain; however I'd like my hair the way it was, thank you very much. Her brow furrows momentarily, and her hair changes back."

    You try and back away, but you find that a cave wall, is right behind you, and you are now in a completely enclosed cavern. "Scared? Yes, that is not uncommon. Anyways, it is time to make your choice. Learn the truth, or forget it all and return to your life in the EVC. You have 5 minutes."
    -----
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    75/100
    Can't speak, moth infection stage I

    You dodge to the side, but see no signs of anything trying to attack you. No knife, arrow, or what have strikes the previous position of your body. You can't quite reach the spider though, as you grab for it, it crawls down deeper into the well.
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.
Sign In or Register to comment.