Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Hardcore (Sign ups closed)

MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
edited November 17 in Playground
Story:

You are a regular human who has been asked to test a new exceptionally difficult game system that has been created by a company called Erelect. It is a fully immersive VR experience, even including a memory wipe while playing the game. The goal of the game is to survive for as long as possible.

Starting:

Choose a trait. Then choose an item, and another will be randomly given to you.

Gameplay:

You have 100 health. You need to try and survive for as long as possible. You can never get back health. Never. Note that "health" is sort of a catch all stat that reflects physical, emotional, and mental health, so even just seeing something especially terrifying might reduce it.

WARNING: This game may have some "Rock falls, everybody dies" moments, so don't get too infuriated. It is meant to be difficult near to the point of unfun-ness.

Traits:

Sturdy: Start with 110 health.
Resourceful: Start with an extra random item.
Navigator: Take your pick of 2 starting locations
Lucky: All positive random events have a +10% chance of happening.

Items:

Flashlight: Battery life of a few hours.
Club: A sturdy wooden club.
Satchel: A small pouch, made of cloth. Without this, you have to carry everything in your hands.
Flares: A pack of 3 flares. This might help, but remember, enemies can see them too.
Waterproof Matches: For all your pyrotechnic needs.
Tarp: Very small 3m by 3m tarp.
Rope: A 5m long piece of rope.
Knife: A cooking knife, like you might find in any ordinary kitchen.
Spare clothes: A change of clothes.
Hat: A really cool looking cowboy hat.
e^i*π=-1
Post edited by MrMonkey7th on
«13

Comments

  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Resourceful
    Relationship Status: 30i (Imaginary)
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @Scribblium

    What will your non-random item be?
    e^i*π=-1
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Waterproof Matches
    Relationship Status: 30i (Imaginary)
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Resourceful - Knife
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @Scribblium

    You begin the game in the ruins of a crumbling building. The only thing intact is the hardwood floor, which you were lying on. The windows are cracked and some are broken, with glass spilling onto the floor. Lying on the floor around you are a small 3m by 3m tarp, and a packet of flares. You feel a lump in your pocket, reach in and find that you also have some waterproof matches.
    -----
    @tommo1993

    You begin the game lying in the middle of the street. Cars rush by on either side of you, and people walk along the streets. No one seems to notice you though. Someone, or something, put a flashlight in one of your hands, as well as a club in the other, and you see a knife lying on the ground beside you.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I quickly grab flashlight, club and a knife and get out of the street. I run into a place where there is no people, and then look around to find something useful
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993

    You awkwardly grab all three items, it's not easy with only two hands, and try to run out of the street. You nearly get hit by a car. -5 health for phycological damage. 95/100

    As you get onto the sidewalk, the sky starts to get blacker. You see an alley, which probably wouldn't have any people in it, or you could head into the shoe store you're right outside of, doesn't look like it's very popular.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I try to find something useful in the alley.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993

    As you walk into the alley, the is now darkening to an unnatural hue. As you walk into the alley, the walls on either side of you grow huge ivy vines, fatter than your thigh. At the end of the alley you see a large dumpster, it would probably have something useful in it.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I search the dumpster with help of my flashlight. All items I found in there I put on ground.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993

    You head deeper into the alley, and the vines start to move, turning into tentacles. As you move toward the dumpster, they start reaching toward you. As you move along the alley, it seems to get longer and longer, and the dumpster stretches away from you, always just quite out of your reach. The sky gets blacker, now a dark grey, and seems to start descending down upon you. Do you turn back, or continue down the corridor?
    e^i*π=-1
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    I attempt to exit and look outside
    Relationship Status: 30i (Imaginary)
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I attack vines quickly with my knife
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @Scribblium Matches, Tarp, Flaresx3 100/100

    I'll assume you also want to grab the tarp and flares.

    You head outside, and the area around you is a wasteland. It was once a city, but now the area is desolate and barren. Windows are shattered, roofs are destroyed, and the walls of all the apartment buildings and shops are crumbling. In the distance, you see a human, slowly walking towards you.
    -----
    @tommo1993 Flashlight, Club, Knife 95/100

    Your quick thinking manages to stave of most of the attack, and once injured they retreat back to the walls of the alley, shrining away from the cause of their pain. Before you defeat them however, one of the tentacles manages to slap your arm, and you feel a searing pain along it. Choose:

    Your non-dominant arm is now almost completely useless. Remember that you are holding all of your items in your hands, and so if you arm was rendered nearly unusable, you would probably have to drop something.
    OR
    You take a random amount of damage from 20-30.

    If you hadn't managed to defeat them, I would've automatically applied both. Well done.

    Your path to the dumpster is now clear of obstructions, and just a few steps away. The black sky now forms a roof over the alley that looks as solid as steel, and continues to descend.
    e^i*π=-1
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Run and look for the nearest habitable building
    Relationship Status: 30i (Imaginary)
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I prefer choosing dropping an item. I'll drop only that club, because I can carry flashlight and a knife in one hand, like if flashlight had a bayonet attached to it.
    I search the dumpster with help of my flashlight. All items I found inside I put on ground.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @Scribblium Matches, Tarp, Flaresx3 | 100/100

    You sprint away, running and running, but you don't find any buildings that aren't demolished. You are starting to tire, and you look back around behind you. The human that was moving towards you is now off the horizon, unable to be seen. If you want to keep running, looking for a building that in't destroyed, there is a 50% chance you will lose 10 health.
    -----
    @tommo1993 Flashlight, Knife | 95/100 | Left arm injured

    You search through the dumpster as the roof descends further. Inside you find a cardboard box, a slab of rotten meat, and a grappling hook, but no rope. You hear a rumbling coming from above you, and realize that the roof is continuing to descend, and now it is starting to grind through the top floors of the buildings! You quickly resume searching, and, with the help of your flashlight, see something at the very corner of the dumpster. You could try and grab for it, but you would have to lean into the dumpster, taking up precious time, and the roof won't wait for you to grab some sort of trinket.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Grab cardboard box, put grappling hook and rotten meat inside and run!
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993
    (Flashlight, Knife, Grappling hook, Rotten meat) -> Cardboard box
    95/100
    Left arm injured

    You run back out of they alley, and find the street to be deserted. Everything is turning grey, even your own skin. The Roof is now only 15 meters above your head, and getting closer by the second! To your right, the shoe store from before, though now its bright neon "Moes Shoe Mart" sign only glows a dull grey. To your left, a short apartment building, which the Roof has started grinding through the top floors of. Just off the sidewalk you see a drainage grate, with a grey substance that must be water flowing into it. Strange that there is so much of it though, you haven't felt any rain... The "water" seems to be coming from a somewhere far to your right. But you can't see its source, so it must be quite far away. With the Roof closing in from above you, a recent attack from live ivy, and this strange new world slowly turning grey, you feel a sensation of terror growing within you!

    Options:
    1. Take phycological damage. 30%: 10 damage, 40%: 15 damage, 30%: 30 damage.
    2. Freeze up. Spend the next minute doing nothing, before you manage to pull yourself together.
    3. Panic. Drop all your items and run. 50/50 chance that you decide the direction, or I decide it.
    4. Trauma. No harm to you now, but at some point in the future I will override one of your actions and replace it with one of mine.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I see now... I was poisoned by that vine... I freeze up trying to get a grip on reality and stop hallucinating.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck it, why not?

    Trait = Lucky
    Item = Knife

    Prepare to do this shit.
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    I enter the least demolished building I can see
    Relationship Status: 30i (Imaginary)
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @tommo1993
    (Flashlight, Knife, Grappling hook, Rotten meat) -> Cardboard box
    95/100
    Left arm injured

    You manage to overcome your fear, but by the time you get a hold of yourself, you the Roof is only 7 meters above you. Based on its current rate. You've only got about a minute before you'll have to start bending over, and, and then another 20 seconds before you'll be crushed. What do you do?
    -----
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    100/100
    No injuries

    Your random item is a pack of flares.

    You wake up, you feel hot ground underneath you, and when you open your eyes and look around, you find yourself to be in a vast desert. The sand is red, and the hot sun beats down on you from above. Already, your throat is dry and you feel uncomfortable and sweaty. The only features in the vast expanse are sand dunes, one of which you are on top of right now, a pillar of smoke about 2 km away in one direction, and a faint smudging of the horizon in the other direction.
    -----
    @Scribblium
    Matches, Tarp, Flaresx3
    100/100
    No injuries

    You do so. It looks like the building was once a bar, a few wooden table scraps remain lying on the floor. At the back of the entrance room is a counter, behind that are shelves and door, presumably leading to what would have been the kitchen. Most of the windows are shattered, with glass littering the floor of the establishment, but one remains intact, although with a spiderweb of cracks running through it. In the distance, you hear a low groaning sound, almost inaudible, but in he otherwise silent world you find yourself in, the sound is eery and hits you at your core.
    e^i*π=-1
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got incredibly unlucky with my placement, didn't I?

    Go for the pillar of smoke, I suppose.
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    edited November 17
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    100/100
    No injuries

    Note that all probabilities are presented without your Lucky trait being applied.

    You got probably the what is the worst result possible (I'll let in on what it is: Trapped in a concrete cell), but I improved it to the desert one because of your trait.

    You head toward the smoke and as you move towards it, you notice the sand starting to shift colour, to a darker black, but as soon as you actually focus on it, it shifts back to the original reddish brown. You hear a static sounding buzz filling your ears, it sounds like it is coming from behind you...

    You're about a third of the way to pillar of smoke. You are starting to feel quite dehydrated.
    Post edited by MrMonkey7th on
    e^i*π=-1
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start. Fucking. Running.

    If I know anything about weird static noises or things suddenly happening behind me, it's probably the fucking Slender Man. And I'd rather not fuck with that.
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭
    @¤RunninginReverse¤
    Knife, Flaresx3
    95/100
    No injuries

    Not even bothering to look behind you, you start sprinting away. You quickly close another third of the distance to the smoke pillar, and see that the smoke is coming from the chimney of a small shack, with a well next to it. Your dehydration, combined with your thirst, quickly tires you. You take 5 damage. If you want to keep running, you risk taking much more damage.

    Despite all your efforts, the static gets louder, growing to a dull roar behind you, and the sand shifts to a shiny black whenever you stop focusing on it.
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I try to run, and maybe stab that roof with a knife.
    Nope! Nothing here!
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭
    Aw, closed..
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck it, keep running. It's better than whatever instant death is right behind me.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.