Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

"req" doesn't work with buttons

"If the thing is a resource, button, building or upgrade, it will not appear unless the specified requirements are fulfilled." - Idle Game Maker Handbook

For buttons, however, this is not the case. You can't put requirements in a button, and it'll be always shown regardless of what requirement you put for the button to show.

Comments

• MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    You can use “hidden” to hide it at the start of the game.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe you can the use “show (Name of Button)” to show it once you get a specific upgrade. Just set the upgrade to have the requirements you want for the button, then have show (Name of Button) be it’s passive. Skip the cost part for that upgrade, and you should get it the moment you meet the requirements automatically.

Again, part of this is just an educated guess (part of it is tested). I may test this later.
  • CindrogronnCindrogronn Member Posts: 4
    edited November 14
    Would be wonderful if we could use req on buttons.
  • Jacklack3Jacklack3 Member Posts: 2
    I think it's probably a bug. Although sometimes the manual says something wrong and you have to check the sample game to see what it actually is.