Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Grandma Clicker Reborn! (New 1.4.0 Update!)

Comments

• EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    @MathCookie lol and you can demand anything, but just careful as grandma might not be to keen about it :)
    @Calamity I will update the picture in this new update :)
    edited November 11
    Time Achievements in the next Update Up to 8 Hours! And of course with Grandmas Comments too ;)

@Mylo I looked in the style sheet and I changed some colors to show red and green for owned and not owned and it didnt work
  • MyloMylo Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Table clicker has it, try asking how they did it?
    @Mylo I'll ask and oh, this new update will really make your powers and golden powers skyrocket to the moon and back! :D You will go from making billions to trillions in a few clicks :)
    @Mylo he uses a sheet that shows all the pics in one box and i upload mine, mine shows the shadow as red
  • RrrepatitiRrrepatiti Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Great update!
    I noticed that the third page of the grandma devil book is named the second one. So there are two page twos.
    @Rrrepatiti Thank you and I'll fix it :)
  • OVOOVO Member Posts: 2
    PLEASE FIX
    Is there a way you can make it so that when you buy an upgrade it disappears so we know we bought it because right now I am in the late game stages and I always have to look through the 100+ upgrades to see if there is any upgrades I haven't bought and there is always one that I got a long time ago that I didn't notice, also it is just really annoying to scroll through all your upgrades just to find the new ones you unlocked. PLEASE FIX AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (if it's possible to fix this)
    "To be Successful in Life, all you have to do is eat ass..." ~Albert Einstein
    @OVO I will take a look right now, but im not sure how to do it sense I directly upload the image onto there and it covers the red and the green
  • RockerRocker Member Posts: 8
    how do you go past 20% for the book vortex?
    @Rocker You do once I raise the cap for it in the next update :)
    ok
    @Rocker lots more content to come and the reason why I put a cap is so people don't buy too many, and be ahead of me with books, I'm try to put one out every update :)
    awesome
    @Rocker do you knw anything about styles sheets for this igm?
    no
    @Rocker okay :)
  • MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited November 16
    Great update!

Here’s an idea for the next Grandma-
    A Gardener Grandma (Gardener was the first non-Grandma structure in Heart Clicker)

You’d unlock them with an upgrade called “Heavenly Blossoms” or something like that.

If she got a book, here’s an idea for her backstory:
    In life, she always wanted to be a gardener- but she grew up in an industrial area, and she never got the chance to learn due to the tiring factory job she had. When she died and went to Heaven, she borrowed a book on gardening from the Library Working Grandma. She very quickly became an expert on gardening in Heaven, and now she is hired by souls in both Heaven and Hell to do gardening. Of course, the only gardening to do in Hell is growing pineapples- and knowing what they’re used for, she doesn’t like gardening in Hell- but she does earn rewards from doing it, as she’s the only Pineapple supplier for Hell. (She still lives in Heaven)
    edited November 17
    @MathCookie I love the idea! I'll add it in one of the updates 100%! Also, thank you, I work hard on each update and I'm glad you love it! Many, Many More Updates to come this year and maybe next year If I get enough Ideas :)

I'm gonna add Achievements for each building making "X" amount by themselves and the stats for them will be invisible, unless you can make it like cookie clicker, where the tool tip shows how much its making on its own?

I will also in each buildings info, have the tires they go up to, so you know first hand on looking at the info :)

There will as well be 3 Cats that are the protector of some universe (like how in YuGiOh Slifer, Oblisk, and Raw) where the protectors of Egypt) But in my own way!

Last: I want to add a 3rd Eye Upgrade that will bring you to a second universe where you "Opened Up your Third Eye"!

More books, I will add your Grandma Idea, Cat Milk, Cat Food, I want to add a 3rd Currency, (Dark Grandma Currency), More Clovers for more Golden Grandmas from Bouncy Golden Grandma, and eventually a Prestige that uses "Grandma Angles, and other stuff!)

Maybe i'll even use the item system and make the final end game a battle with +attack where all the grandmas battle it out and YOU decide who wins and looses?

Wow, this game is gonna be really fun. I’ll message you more ideas I had, as not to clutter the thread.
    @MathCookie could u message it here as a clutter? I will write down everyones Ideas and the more ideas I get, the more ill update :)
    edited November 17
    @EricBolton1993
    If you want to use a battle at the end, then maybe the prestige could come after the battle. If you initiate the battle, after one side wins, you must prestige. There would be two prestige currencies- one you get if you prestige with the AEGGs and Grandma Gods winning, and one you get if you prestige with the Grandma Devils and Dark Grandmas winning. Maybe, in a reference to Heart Clicker, the prestige currencies could be Light Hearts and Dark Hearts. Light Hearts would boost the Good Side (Golden Grandmas, AEGGs, Grandma Gods) and Dark Hearts would boost the bad side. (Grandma Devils, Dark Grandmas) Those not on either side (Helping Grandma, Library Worker, Bingo Center, and stuff like that) could get boosts from both, but not as large.

Also, since we have two bad side Grandmas and three Good Side Ones, we should get a new Evil Grandma in the update that gives us the Gardener (or the update right after) (The Gardener would probably be Neutral, but it’s up to you)

This Grandma could be the Buisness Grandma. The Buisness Grandma ran the Heart Clicker Factory/Dark Factory, and I’d say that’s very evil.

Possible Backstory for Book:
    In life, the Buisness Grandma ran the Dark Factory, a place where retired Grandmas were forced to work for no pay, and were brutally tortured. Upon death, the Buisness Grandma was sent to hell for everything she did. Once in hell, she craved for more torture and money. She eventually made a deal with the Grandma Devil- the Grandma Devil got her soul, but she got to run an even worse version of the factory to torture the bad souls. As she lived in Hell, she became more and more vile as the millenniums passed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Cats and Time Machine Keys. The cat and key color for the Gardener would be green, and the cat and key color for the Buisness Grandma would probably be grey or a greyish-brown.
  • lLonewolf2121lLonewolf2121 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November 17
    I was reading through the thread and noticed you said you changed the background to red if you don't have an upgrade but you might've changed the building background instead cause it's red now and it used to not be red i'm pretty sure.

Don't quote me though i'm just guessing lol since I like the game I was hoping it might be helpful
    @lLonewolf2121 I might have said that and I know everything is red, I tried to do that to see if when you don't have an owned upgrade, it turns red, until you click to own it, but i don't know how to do that
    edited November 17
    I think in the wood clicker game he changes the actual grey background and not the shadow but I havent messed with this new version yet so idk how he changed the entire backgorund and from looking at some of your icons some of them take up an entire space so it might be weird looking if the background on all the upgrades changed.

Edit: You could always use the smoothing option to smooth out the upgrades that are either bought or not bought to help us tell the diffrence.

Making every thing have round edges and a semi-transparent white background :
    CSS
    .thing
    {
    border-radius:8px;
    background:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    }
    edited November 17
    @lLonewolf2121 could u try to mess with it and see if u can get it to work like table clickers? I'd really appreciate it :)

https://pastebin.com/4x63yhvU

Edit: I tried to mess with it, but don't know what to try to fix it
    edited November 17
    @EricBolton1993 it is probably in the stylesheet not the normal pastebin where these edits would take place

Edit: I would consider using some CSS in the game to make it look nicer and follow bunny clicker a bit making upgrades that you can't afford use the round transparent edges and when you buy them that's when the background changes colors but as far as changing the background and not the shadows is something i'd have to look into whether it be your stylesheet or one of my own but I haven't even started a game yet lol
    edited November 17
    @lLonewolf2121 where do i put it in the styles sheet? way at the bottom?

edit: I put in

.thing
    {
    border-radius:8px;
    background:rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    }

and only this happened

it didnt change the upgrades, but the currency and the buildings look and you still cant tell if u own or not

EDIT: I love how the buildings look, but not the currency in that light gray, and can u still help me with the upgrades?

EDIT: I read what you said and maybe when u make a game, i can use ur style sheet maybe? I'm not good at this CSS thing :D