Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Rainbow Heptagon: My Poor Attempt at Making an IGM Game

MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
edited October 29 in Games
http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=ZHzYaAt6

The image for the clickable is supposed to be a rainbow heptagon, but I don’t know how to resize images- I use IPad, so no GIMP for me.

Currently, this game has:
2 Resources
15 Buildings
28 Upgrades
70 Achievements (4 Super Hard Ones)
No images (other than the clickable), because I can’t get them to work

Current Version:
The Gold Update

Future Updates Planned:
Some New Heptagons
More Upgrades and Achievements
A third Resource
Maybe a Shiny?
Post edited by MathCookie on

Comments

• UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you ripped off the hexagon game?

• MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    What hexagon game are you referring to?
  • dottydotty Member Posts: 4
    edited October 29
    This game is honestly too easy. I started this save 3 hours or so ago, but I've got 41/41 achievements. I didn't have to pay a whole lot of attention to the game during those hours, either. I understand that the game is very unfinished, which is fine, but parts of the current game are not nearly as difficult as you seem to think, which is basically the point of this post.

To prove it, I guess those last three achievements are probably Slightly Insane, Heptagate, and Fool's Gold. I bought the Gold Factory Blueprint, and it seems it is giving me Gold at a slow rate, which according to the game doesn't do anything yet, which is fine.

EDIT: Also, the Golden Heptagons mentioned in the Gold Factory Blueprint haven't appeared, but it seems likely that those haven't been implemented? Guess I'll see.

EDIT #2: Oh right, also, the game is pretty fun so far. Keep up the good work.

EDIT #3: Pink Heptagons are my favourite so far because they are MAGICAL and also I really really like the colour pink.
    @dotty Yep, those are the three.

I don’t like it when clicker games are too difficult, hence why mine is easy. There’s an update coming soon, too. Golden Heptagons will be a thing, and Gold will do stuff.
    edited October 29

@dotty Yep, those are the three.

I don’t like it when clicker games are too difficult, hence why mine is easy. There’s an update coming soon, too. Golden Heptagons will be a thing, and Gold will do stuff.

Well, that's fine then. I am anticipating the update, yay.
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭
    I played some of this game and I do like it :)
    edited October 29
    THE GOLD UPDATE IS OUT!

Added Features:
    Gold is actually useful
    5 new Buildings
    15 new Upgrades
    28 New Achievements

Also, if any of you have ideas for things I can add, I’m taking suggestions for the next update!
    Could you add more upgrades? :)
    More upgrades will definitely be added in the next update- of course, what they actually are depends on what else gets added.
    quick fix: made an achievement more difficult because it was easier than I thought. Also added another achievement to bridge a gap
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New update makes the game worse... doesn't even have anything to do with what you worked to get before. another huge fucking problem is there's too many buildings, too close together and no upgrades for those buildings. So when you get a new one, old ones are useless

I’m sorry if you hate this game...

I mean, I did say that it’s a poor attempt at making an IGM game
    it would be cool to have the upgrade unlock "Golden Factory Blueprint" when you have 50 of each building! Right now i have over 50 of each and Green is 43 :)
    edited October 30
    you could add another double all buildings in place of where the "Golden Factory Blueprint" would have gone, but maybe make it where buildings are 25% to 50% faster?
    and put "Golden Factory Blueprint" at 50 of each building :)
    Damn, i love the gold, its my favorite part of the game tbh :)
    edited October 30
    50 of each building is too hard before Gold- so I made the Gold Factory Blueprint at 50 of the first 9 and 40 of Green. (The Blueprint was originally at 50 of each, but getting the last 10 Greens felt too slow)

There IS an achievement for 50 of each Heptagon, so there is some reward for that.

I don’t think I’m changing any of the stuff the game already has- any new upgrades will be going after 100k Gold.
    edited October 30
    I didn't think it was too hard, it was a fun push to get to 50 of each and if u made a 25% production to all buildings in its place, it would be easy :)

Okay, and can we get more building upgrades? I think i got all of them and with having 50 Wizards, im at late game? Every building from Green up is at 180 :)

Edit: Every single building up to Golden Heptagon are at least 50 :)
    @MathCookie to do images do, Icon:https://s1.postimg.org/72fvpj0ywf/Grandma_Devil_remake.png and each image can only be 48x48 (except for Achievements I think?)
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two even know about the edit button but you still double post?

Just. Edit. Your. Posts.
    I know how to insert images. The 48x48 is the part I can’t do
    I have 70 golden heptagons and 100 of everything else and I am missing two achievements. Wonder what they are. Maybe I'll get both of them when I get to 100 golden heptagons? Hmm. Anyway, nice update!
  • UltraLuigiUltraLuigi Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2
    dotty said:

I have 70 golden heptagons and 100 of everything else and I am missing two achievements. Wonder what they are. Maybe I'll get both of them when I get to 100 golden heptagons? Hmm. Anyway, nice update!

If you really need the achievements, you can get the text file for the game from the link, it has a list of achievements and their requirements.

My Poor Attempt at Making an IGM Game

"Poor"? This isn't "poor", it's a good game.

I know how to insert images. The 48x48 is the part I can’t do

Here you go: i.imgur.com/s6c7LOC.png

Edited: added image link (not actually link, as I "need to be around longer", just copy it and paste it into the address bar)
    Post edited by UltraLuigi on
    The image doesn’t work

Also, I’d like some suggestions for things I can add to the game for a future update. (Also I can’t work on this all the time, I have other things I must do as well)
  • UltraLuigiUltraLuigi Member Posts: 5

The image doesn’t work

Looking at the help, it seems that it needs to be a jpg image. Try i.imgur.com/bCRD6PA.jpg
    If that doesn't work, do the same link, but without the "i." at the beginning.

Also, I’d like some suggestions for things I can add to the game for a future update. (Also I can’t work on this all the time, I have other things I must do as well)

Maybe add upgrades that boost specific heptagon's production? Also maybe make the pre-gold section take slightly longer to balance out those upgrades. An explanation of how to get gold until you buy your first small mine would be extremely useful.
    edited November 10
    As I said earlier, I will not be rebalancing anything before the first Golden Heptagon.

The guide would be useful though. Good idea!

EDIT: Quick update to thwart the multisell glitch
    Post edited by MathCookie on
  • RockerRocker Member Posts: 7
    how do you get gold stuff?
    Get 50 of each of the first 9 Heptagons, and 40 Greens.
  • RockerRocker Member Posts: 7
    ok
    @MathCookie do you know how to have it to where you can tell if u have owned or not owned? Isn't there a way for it to fade out or fade red if not owned? I tried looking it up and asking, but how about u?
    Well, it is distinguishable when there are no images. Just look at Rainbow Heptagon and you’ll see that owned upgrades have a thicker border than those who are purchaseable, but not owned.

I can’t answer ANY questions involving images though