Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Spell success isn't really random, is it?

TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 9
Multiple times saving/casting when I get a spell to backfire pretty much proves it. The one I've had the trouble with is crafty pixies, to make the buildings a little cheaper. I've done this several times actually, trying to save and refresh if I get it to backfire. But every single time I refresh and cast again it still backfires. If there's a 15% chance of backfire, the odds of getting backfire 8-10 times in a row, on several occasions, should be extremely slim, yes? I've actually never had it finally be successful, just have to wait out the hour when it's too irritating to try reloading again.

What am I missing?

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    Someone posted a while back some code which indicated that the spells are rolled in advance by how many IDR. It can't be true all the time because sometimes after backfire/refresh and I do gambler's fever dream it doesn't backfire. But most of the time it does. So the randomisation isn't occurring at the moment you click the button, it occurs in advance of that.

• GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    GFD does two checks, I believe, one to determine the spell to be cast and one to determine whether it will backfire.

But other than that, the seed for the Grimoire spells is determined upon ascension and stored in the save, so you'll always get the same result (including the same result from the cookie spawned by Force the Hand of Fate).
  • TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 9
    So theoretically, if my friend were to save then cast Conjure Baked Goods and it was successful, he could reload and then be sure that Spontaneous Edifice would be successful after reload?
  • FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    TruthPP34 said:

So theoretically, if my friend were to save then cast Conjure Baked Goods and it was successful, he could reload and then be sure that Spontaneous Edifice would be successful after reload?

Yes
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    My friend uses Haggler's Charm, because if it fails, it's the shortest recharge time back to full magic.
  • TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 9
    dpareja said:

My friend uses Haggler's Charm, because if it fails, it's the shortest recharge time back to full magic.

Your friend is very smart. Thanks!